Hacking O3DS Japan to USA NNID

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to change my O3DS region from Japan to USA, but I keep reading that there are problems with downloading updates from the Eshop and with running games with extended memory.

For the extended memory game issue, I read that the solution is to format system after the region swap is successful.

For the Eshop update problem, I have read many different solutions. Some say that O3DS doesn't have this problem or that you can use Godmode to delete the NNID.

I have also read that you must first connect to the Japanese Eshop before doing anything and removing the ID from the account.

What is the easiest solution for being able to download title updates from the Eshop on a region swapped O3DS?

This is for my personal use, but I am very picky and would like to figure this out.

Brownie points will be awarded for whoever can help me out.

zeldaxlink64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to change my O3DS region from Japan to USA, but I keep reading that there are problems with downloading updates from the Eshop and with running games with extended memory.

For the extended memory game issue, I read that the solution is to format system after the region swap is successful.

For the Eshop update problem, I have read many different solutions. Some say that O3DS doesn't have this problem or that you can use Godmode to delete the NNID.

I have also read that you must first connect to the Japanese Eshop before doing anything and removing the ID from the account.

What is the easiest solution for being able to download title updates from the Eshop on a region swapped O3DS?

This is for my personal use, but I am very picky and would like to figure this out.

Brownie points will be awarded for whoever can help me out.
You could use the SOAP transfer process. After completing the https://3ds.hacks.guide region changing process, go into the Nintendo Homebrew Discord and ask them to help you. This should recover the eShop.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a second n3ds of the same original region to gain access to eshop if that is what you trying to gain access.

Yeah but apparently there is a way to give someone your OTP online and they can do the transfer on their system without you having to purchase a second n2ds. I think it has a week lockdown right?

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Some say that O3DS doesn't have this problem or that you can use Godmode to delete the NNID.
If your O3DS is not a bundle unit (i.e. it didn't came with some preinstalled title), then it should be able to access other region's eShop without much hassle.
You'll need to unlink original region's NNID and possibly also delete regular eShop account if there's one.
System transfer is needed specifically to untie preinstalled titles that wouldn't let you switch eShop's region otherwise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto