Homebrew NUSspli - Install content directly from the Nintendo Update Servers to your Wii U

CrisMod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sorry but I can't remember which one was the last compatible version.
Thank you anyway @V10lator , I will try to look for him :grog:...
Post automatically merged:

Well then- lol. In that case just tell them to wait until you can update their CFW since the older versions of NUSspli barely even work. (Not trying to insult V10lator mind you, but it's really hard to make a stable application on Haxchi especially with all of the outdated dependencies) So yeah, they'd end up just getting more frustrated than before.

If you'd still like me to, I'll look through the releases, but please keep that in mind.
Thank you for the suggestions, I will try to do something for him :D remotely.....

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi @V10lator, just got NUSspli installed onto my Wii U successfully, on the main screen of Tiramisu installed directly to NAND. But wanted to mention something that you should add as a note to your first post.

After I installed it via WUP Installer, the entire gamepad black screened, and wouldn't respond to anything. I had to fully power off both the gamepad and console to be able to reopen Tiramisu and launch NUSspli.

You may want to make a note of this in case somebody else black screens as well.

Trophies
XP
After I installed it via WUP Installer, the entire gamepad black screened, and wouldn't respond to anything. I had to fully power off both the gamepad and console to be able to reopen Tiramisu and launch NUSspli.

That's a bug with WUP Installer. Especially if you used GX2, that thing is a buggy MESS, and it will often crash after installations, no matter what you were installing. (Use the original Y-Mod for actual stability)

Anyways, if you're using the most recent version on Tiramisu, only use the HBL version since the Channel was depreciated iirc. For Aroma just use the WUHB package as it'll automatically display it on the home menu. ;)

Reactions: Stormflora

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't need to install it when you have aroma/tiramisu. Aroma has a plugin which displays the .rpx/.wuhb files directly on your home menu.
That's a bug with WUP Installer. Especially if you used GX2, that thing is a buggy MESS, and it will often crash after installations, no matter what you were installing. (Use the original Y-Mod for actual stability)

Anyways, if you're using the most recent version on Tiramisu, only use the HBL version since the Channel was depreciated iirc. For Aroma just use the WUHB package as it'll automatically display it on the home menu. ;)
It's all good now; I fixed the issue with the HBL version for Tiramisu.

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably a dumb question, but is it safe to do other stuff on the Wii U while NUSspli is going through it's queue? Or do I have to wait until everything's downloaded and installed first before I can do that?

Trophies
XP
Probably a dumb question, but is it safe to do other stuff on the Wii U while NUSspli is going through it's queue? Or do I have to wait until everything's downloaded and installed first before I can do that?

I've not used any of the newer versions, but I think it's safe to assume browsing and stuff is fine. Just let everything process properly and there shouldn't be any issues.

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've not used any of the newer versions, but I think it's safe to assume browsing and stuff is fine. Just let everything process properly and there shouldn't be any issues.
So I can exit to the Wii U menu? Or do you mean that I can only safely explore within the NUSspli app?

Trophies
XP
So I can exit to the Wii U menu? Or do you mean that I can only safely explore within the NUSspli app?

Stay in the app. I meant browsing in the app should be fine, but if you exited NUSspli that would cancel the download / install processes. The worst that would happen in that case is corrupted medium files which wouldn't cause anything harmful, it'd just require restarting / deleting the files it was using.

Reactions: Stormflora

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has Nintendo started to crack down on NUSspli? Suddenly it's giving "Network error: Couldn't resolve hostname" and softlocking the console out of all Wi-Fi capabilities until it is physically powered off and restarted. Happened twice so far; still retrying to see if it persists. Anyone else encountering this issue? Is it just a software bug?

Last edited by Stormflora,
Reactions: el_maestro

linkzoot

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Has Nintendo started to crack down on NUSspli? Suddenly it's giving "Network error: Couldn't resolve hostname" and softlocking the console out of all Wi-Fi capabilities until it is physically powered off and restarted. Happened twice so far; still retrying to see if it persists. Anyone else encountering this issue? Is it just a software bug?
Same here.

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The DNS servers recommended for blocking updates according to
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/block-updates
aren't working well and this causes network errors.
I suffered a similar error running wiiuident, which refused to upload my wiiu feaures.
Aroma prevents updates, and so do ufdiine. No reason to use dns blocking anymore.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not likely, not after all this time. I think content requires the title key in order to decrypt it, which nusspli either has a database for or knows how to find it, and we already know how to make tickets. the content is still there, just can't make a legit ticket since the eshop is closed. however, like I said, that doesn't matter.

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an issue when I try to get Hyrule Warriors, after it downloads and begins installing, it crashed to the "usb has been removed" screen. I've downloaded many other games and this didn't happen for any of them.

Stormflora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DNS servers recommended for blocking updates according to
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/block-updates
aren't working well and this causes network errors.
I suffered a similar error running wiiuident, which refused to upload my wiiu feaures.
Aroma prevents updates, and so do ufdiine. No reason to use dns blocking anymore.
I didn't use the DNS blocking method; I used the homebrew app one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night