Hacking NTRCFW 3.4 Preview1(Support video output on New 3DS)

gabyelnuevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say framerates are dramatically improved with the new Preview2 release. I can even disable streaming of bottom screen properly by adjusting priority settings when using the remoteplay command, so for things where I dont' need the bottomscreen, I can squeeze out a bit more FPS from the topscreen. With no bottom screen active, I was getting a solid 30FPS in Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. With bottom screen at default settings, it was doing about 25-26FPS on average. Which is not bad at all! This is now a preferred recording method over camera in box technology and is nearly comparable to that of a capture card.

The only downside is bottom screen frame rates not being as good. But for many projects, this may not be a big concern. It certainly makes things much better for the smaller YouTube channels who can't afford an expensive capture card. Say goodbye the camera in box thing, because this is now a suitable replacement for that. (for most games. :D )

Also for those wondering, this will NEVER work in DS/GBA mode. That's because of how those modes work. Some system module or service is hijacked to make use of video streaming and said service is CTR only. So no video streaming in DS/GBA mode can be done. Unless you do some heavy changes to twlBg. But then you may not be able to use wifi correctly, so it would probably be a waste of time tryiing to get it to work that way assuming it's possible at all.

I havent check out this new preview, I will later, but knowing myself i will be dumb enough to not know how to disable the bottom screen.. how do you disable it? :s

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to actually switch games a few times. The first time I started with Mario, then went to the camera, then another game while holding L. didn't work when I tried a third with just holding L. Maybe if I go to the camera everytime in between to "reload" the home menu?.... Hmmmm

codeluca

Trophies
Website
www.lucacesarano.tk
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: Majickhat55

Eskuero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've no words. This is simply awesome, I made a video test with the new preview and I'm getting around 10 extra fps on double Pokemon battles even during heavy animations like primal reversions. This video test was done with the botton screen and the QoS disabled as well as with JPEG compression quality set to 100.
The audio is still not supported by NTR of course, I just bought a male-male audio jack of 3.5mm and plugged one side to the 3ds and the other to the microphone input of my laptop. Adding a delay of 200ms of microphone on OBS synced both audio and video nicely.

Last edited by Eskuero,

MegaHaxorus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished streaming some Pokémon Star Sapphire. For the most part, it was fairly stable. All of the lag spikes I had are due to the ridiculous network congestion in my college dorm room.
You can see some preview 2 footage on my twitch channel here. The VOD from today is using preview 2, any prior 3ds VOD is preview 1.

Last edited by MegaHaxorus,
Reactions: 3than_H

gabyelnuevo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's problem now, for games that disable wifi when starting them, I know that you need to enter a write() command that is in the reference wiki. The problem is that when I enter the command it gives me the bunch of error stuff:
http://i.imgur.com/3h60rtS.png

Why is it not working for me? D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for at least 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol