Hacking NTRCFW 3.4 Preview1(Support video output on New 3DS)

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Has anyone successfully made the top screen full screen? I want to see what this looks like full screen.
NTR Viewer doesn't seem to have a full screen option, the closest I've got is using the -t 3.0 -b 0 argument to make the top screen scaled 3 times.

This scales the top screen up to 1200 X 720, which is the closest you can get for any standard 720p display. If you have a 1080p display, use -t 4.5 -b 0 instead for a 1800 X 1080 resolution.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

Serei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preview 2 is great, thanks for the hard work cell9 and whoever else helped with the development.

22+ fps in 3d games means it's actually usable for video capture without being unwatchable, not that big improvements needed to make this absolutely amazing.

Amazing work. Thanks.

Reactions: codeluca

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested this with MHX and it runs really damn well considering this is only the second preview.

Runs at around 18-20 fps in battles. If this is cleaned up a bit more, I can see myself doing lets plays of 3ds games lol

Reactions: codeluca

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What the fuck. Preview1 worked with no issues the other day, this morning I tried to boot NTR as usual and it gave me a bunch of dumps saying "firmware not supported" and failing. So I said fuck it, deleted the program, replaced the Preview2 ntr.bin, CIA and installed it. Same error. I literally did nothing with my 3DS, why has it stopped working? My firmware sure hasn't changed. I'm on Gateway 10.7.

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the fuck. Preview1 worked with no issues the other day, this morning I tried to boot NTR as usual and it gave me a bunch of dumps saying "firmware not supported" and failing. So I said fuck it, deleted the program, replaced the Preview2 ntr.bin, CIA and installed it. Same error. I literally did nothing with my 3DS, why has it stopped working? My firmware sure hasn't changed. I'm on Gateway 10.7.

Mine did that a little while ago. But I just rebooted my 3DS and tried again and it started working.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It worked! I'd hug you through the Internet if that was technologically possible!
I'm getting a stable ~30FPS on Majora's Mask on 100% JPEG quality and no bandwidth throttling. Actually, I can get up to 45FPS on 10% JPEG, but the results speak for themselves:
Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 12.27.42 (2).png
As a side question to everyone: Is it possible to disable JPEG compression at all? There's visible JPEG artifacting even at 100% quality.
Yes indeed. Very odd. Is it normal that during the booting it shows BootNTR 2.4?
Yes, that's normal. I think the BootNTR app is somewhat separate to the actual NTR CFW. It's a utility that boots you into the CFW, but the CFW itself is at 3.4, whereas the latest version of the booter is 2.4.

Last edited by NekoMichi,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked! I'd hug you through the Internet if that was technologically possible!
I'm getting a stable ~30FPS on Majora's Mask on 100% JPEG quality and no bandwidth throttling. Actually, I can get up to 45FPS on 10% JPEG, but the results speak for themselves:
As a side question to everyone: Is it possible to disable JPEG compression at all? There's visible JPEG artifacting even at 100% quality.

Yes, that's normal. I think that the BootNTR app is somewhat separate to the actual NTR CFW. It's a utility that boots you into the CFW, but the CFW itself is at 3.4, whereas the latest version of the booster is 2.4.

Glad it worked for you :D. I got it working on LAN as well so it's almost perfect. You might be able to but I'm not entirely sure. I only play X2 Native at the max. The compression just causes too much pixelation IMO. If you find out how, please let me know!

Reactions: NekoMichi

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NTR Viewer doesn't seem to have a full screen option, the closest I've got is using the -t 3.0 -b 0 argument to make the top screen scaled 3 times.

This scales the top screen up to 1200 X 720, which is the closest you can get for any standard 720p display. If you have a 1080p display, use -t 4.5 -b 0 instead for a 1800 X 1080 resolution.
you can full screen easy by using obs, i have my games in close to fullscreen and i could fullscreen them:

Last edited by Dennis G,

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That sounds really useful :)
Right now I'm using QuickTime, which lets me crop the recording area before starting the recording.
Obs let's you crop multiple stuff at the same time, i can take my bottom and top screen seperate them and put them on different places, here take a look at this, it's my old preview with ntr preview 1 but you can see what obs can do ther:

obs also can record + stream at the same time, to hdd or twitch and youtube and more. it's perfect =)

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obs let's you crop multiple stuff at the same time, i can take my bottom and top screen seperate them and put them on different places, here take a look at this, it's my old preview with ntr preview 1 but you can see what obs can do ther:

obs also can record + stream at the same time, to hdd or twitch and youtube and more. it's perfect =)

How were you able to record the sound, btw?

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a test of my playing Monster Hunter X. As you can see, it actually came out pretty damn good.

Funnily enough, it actually runs at a lower framerate in the main town, than it does when you're actually in the field/ fighting a monster.

(Yes I know I was playing really badly, but I wasn't really paying attention to the game)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ