Hacking NTRCFW 3.4 Preview1(Support video output on New 3DS)

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
You all do know you can run the older and newer bootntr on newer firmware right? As in you can run any bootntr on firmware above 9.2 and 10.4.

PS. Just because the developer(s) say its not made to work on 10.4 don't mean shit.

Last edited by jimmyleen,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the firmware.bin file that's in the NTR folder (for the AuReiNAND firms).
Hey, im not sure if this is the reason, but after running ntr and doing the remoteplay, it gives me this error code 022-2452. I looked it up and it says that it cant access the internet? Im restoring a backup (bc i havent really done anything on it since saturday. But I made sure that i switched back to the regular firmware.bin and it just doesnt want to conenct. Im getting this in the eshop rn and i havent tried anything else.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I can connect from the debugger to my 3DS, but when I enter remoteplay(), the 3DS screen flashes pink and I get a message saying it will disconnect in 10 seconds to enhance performance. And nothing shows up in the viewer.

I'm on 10.7, A9LH, AuReiNand. Never used NTR before, but it seems to be working fine, except for remoteplay. Any ideas?

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
How are people getting NTR to work on A9LH 3DSes?

Put the firmware.bin and ntr.bin to the root of the SD Card or what?
It works exactly the same as it does under any CFW booting through any other method. You just need to use a compatible firmware.bin, I think 10.2 is the latest NTR supports.

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah can't get it to work. Probably because my internet is shit atm, the actual router is pretty good though

Code:
Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.

Last edited by mungry,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How are people getting NTR to work on A9LH 3DSes?

Put the firmware.bin and ntr.bin to the root of the SD Card or what?
firmware.bin should go wherever it normally goes, it doesn't matter, NTR doesn't use it. NTR doesn't rely on any ARM11/ARM9 exploits, since it just uses svcBackdoor through the permissions set in BootNTR.cia to get ARM11 kernel.
You do need 10.2 FIRM though, AuReiNAND supports this but you need to use the right firmware.bin file (the one from the NTR folder not the other one)
Yeah can't get it to work. Probably because my internet is shit atm, the actual router is pretty good though

Code:
Unable to read data from the transport connection: A blocking operation was interrupted by a call to WSACancelBlockingCall.
That error is normal, it appears because of NTR Client automatically disconnecting after the stream is started, it has nothing to do with it not working for you.

@gamesquest1 Will this still "render" the second screen, and does it affect the FPS like at all?
Though I can't say for certain, I'm pretty sure it won't change how things are handled. It simply won't display the bottom screen. It wouldn't make much of a difference even if it didn't "render" the bottom screen, you might get 1-2 FPS more but it would be difficult to tell the difference.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

RSA6974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works exactly the same as it does under any CFW booting through any other method. You just need to use a compatible firmware.bin, I think 10.2 is the latest NTR supports.

So just putting the firmware.bin from the NTR\N3DS zip file and putting it onto the root of the SD Card won't work?

Basically, use the firmware.bin from NTR\N3DS and put it into \aurei.
Open up BootNTR and hope it works.

Well, after doing that , it still won't work.

Last edited by RSA6974,

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEVERMIND! I got it to work! Even if you get some weir error in the NTRclient, just open up NTRViewer and it will now work. My internet is actually realy good, just booted up Isaac and the menu was really smooth. Gonna record some stuff.

Eskuero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you happen to have one of my modified patches installed that enabled n3DS clock speeds? I've noticed all the games I've enabled n3DS clock speeds via patch don't work with video streaming. :(
Nah, it's a physical cardtridge with all the updates installed normally via eShop

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright here is some Isaac gameplay recorded through NTR. It plays really nicely! Excuse the abrupt sounds (the mic being jostled - (this is annoying, hopefully that will be able to be toggled in the future). Anyways when I watch it, it looks silky smooth (obviously not 60 FPS but it looks like 30 FPS), so the debug is either incorrect or it's me haha. Anyways here it is:

Reactions: NekoMichi

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
You all do know you can run the older and newer bootntr on newer firmware right? As in you can run any bootntr on firmware above 9.2 and 10.4.

PS. Just because the developer(s) say its not made to work on 10.4 don't mean shit.
you do know they mean 10.4 firm not 10.4 emunand

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Alright here is some Isaac gameplay recorded through NTR. It plays really nicely! Excuse the abrupt sounds (the mic being jostled - (this is annoying, hopefully that will be able to be toggled in the future). Anyways when I watch it, it looks silky smooth (obviously not 60 FPS but it looks like 30 FPS), so the debug is either incorrect or it's me haha. Anyways here it is:

Looks like 2D games run just fine through the viewer. Do you know of any other good games for the 3DS that don't render 3D (as in, purely sprite-based and not polygonal)?

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like 2D games run just fine through the viewer. Do you know of any other good games for the 3DS that don't render 3D (as in, purely sprite-based and not polygonal)?

It's the only thing i've tested. I'll test more, just amazed at this and taking my time. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.