A weird bug: the server gets disconnected when I open Ocarina of Time 3D

2. runetoonxx2

runetoonxx2 GBATemp's Cancer

United States
    Also how is everyone else getting these such good fps but I get like 5-7

3. basher11

basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    I got the bottom screen to show up but it's not changing. What do I have to do?

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Wrong port. You should be using 8000.

That looks normal. It's the exact same output I was getting when it was working. You ran the viewer before starting remoteplay() right?

Port is 8000, FakeProxy isn't needed unless you're connecting the 3DS to a hotspot with no internet access, from what I could gather from the readme PDF, it's needed to prevent the 3DS from automatically disconnecting from such networks when it doesn't find a valid internet connection.

Depends on the game, and the quality of your wifi signal/wifi saturation by other clients. I got around 7-12 FPS in 3D games. Boxboy was a stable-ish 60 FPS though. Look at the output in the console, quality should be 90%+ if your wifi is good (according to the PDF readme), low quality means a lot of dropped frames and you will get a lower FPS. If quality is already 90%+ then you are getting the most out of it that you can with that game.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Apr 12, 2016
    Minnow and CrispyYoshi like this.
  5. gudenau

gudenau Largely ignored

United States
    I need to do something with this.

Edit:
    And it does not support latest. Yay.

Last edited by gudenau, Apr 12, 2016
  6. TeconMoon

TeconMoon GBAtemp Stubborn Injection Guy

United States
    Wow very cool! The top screen is great, the bottom screen isn't but this is a great proof of concept. Could even be used for streaming without a capture board if you routed the audio through a line in and delayed the audio to compensate for the video delay. Can't wait to see where this goes :D

7. runetoonxx2

United States
    Well time to buy new router

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And also question what is a USB WiFi dongle?

8. gudenau

gudenau Largely ignored

United States
    A Wi-Fi card for a USB port.

9. runetoonxx2

United States
    Ahh so what WiFi cards would work with this? Cause mines pretty sht and been meaning to get a new one

10. gudenau

gudenau Largely ignored

United States
    No idea, my wifi is kinda bad anyway.

11. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    HOLY MOLY that fixed my problem, thank you! Working perfectly, I'll have to test this more when I'm not using a crappy dorm internet.

12. The Real Jdbye

Norway
    Latest firmware? Should work fine, you just need a 10.2 firmware.bin. AuReiNAND supports this, I believe Cakes does too.

13. gudenau

gudenau Largely ignored

United States
    I don't want to use an old firmware if it can be helped, I was planning on attempting a port.

14. The Real Jdbye

Norway
    Using an old firmware.bin won't make a difference to anything else, it's only an issue when new firmware updates have changes that make them incompatible with old FIRM. ntr.bin which is the component that needs to be updated for newer FIRM is closed source, so there's not much anyone can do about it until cell9 adds support.

15. gudenau

gudenau Largely ignored

United States
    If I recall correctly ntr.bin is just a binary blob that gets loaded into the home menu's process, marked as RWX and executed. Should be fairly easy to update, as things go at least. Maybe I'll end up knowing how it works, making my own version. We will see.

16. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

United States
    Ok I just discovered that video streaming for the Pokemon games do work. You just have to have the game connect to the internet. Then the video stream comes back. I don't know why this is, but it resolves black screen issue with Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. I assume this fix applies to the other games to. Ocarina of Time doesn't have internet features....So I can't get that one to stream. But hey the pokemon games work now. :P

Minnow and MegaHaxorus like this.
  17. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Anyone tried this on a Windows ICS connection, direct 3DS to PC?

18. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

United States
    I did try using a USB Wifi adapter in adhoc mode via an app like Connectify. The performace was notably worse despite being less then 2 feet away from my 3DS. I quickly switched back to having my 3DS connect to the router in the other room. It gets a little choppy, but looks to be good enough that once a more stable release comes out, I may still seen an improvement in performance in the next release. It looks very promising.

I hope a "proper" method of screen selection is implemented. Sure I can set scaling of bottom screen to 0 for example to only stream top screen. But I feel like NTRViewer is still streaming both screens despite one screen being sized to zero, so no performance benefit to using the -b 0 setting.

I think having video streaming togglable in the NTR menu on 3DS would be best. It's kinda of clunky trying to do it via NTR Debugger and the client exe. Why not enable "remoteplay" via a menu option on the 3DS? Seems like a better solution. Ability to display current IP would help a lot too. Though NTRViewer seems able to find the 3DS automatically so if remoteplay can be toggled from the 3DS instead, this will become much more user friendly.

Also, BootNTR cia hangs at "patching svc check" on my 9.2 emunand. I don't know why this happens. It's true 9.2 too since Aureinand is configured to use 9.0 FIRM with my 9.2 emunand. So it's practically the same as if it was 9.2 sysnand.

(I'm using Arm9LoaderHax by the way)

Has anyone gotten this release to work on 9.2 n3DS?

Last edited by Apache Thunder, Apr 12, 2016
  19. pdapanda

pdapanda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    It is already mentioned in the PDF, some games will disconnect wifi before booting automately,
    to avoid this, imput write(0x0105AE4, (0x70, 0x47), pid=0x1a) before open your game.
    (with this patch, you might have trouble with reconnecting to the router)

keyra likes this.
  20. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

I discovered something about the Pokémon games - The 3DS will stay connected to the router when you launch something like Pokémon X, but as soon as you hit Continue, the streaming stops working. At this point, my 3DS also disappeared from the router's "connected devices" list, however it reappears and streaming continues when I return to the Home Menu. I'm presuming that since Pokémon has a near-range console-to-console wireless feature, the 3DS automatically disconnects from any routers during gameplay and reconnects when gameplay ends. This might be a problem for streaming Pokémon games.

*reads previous posts*
    Never mind, looks like it was already discovered...

Last edited by NekoMichi, Apr 12, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Preview1(Support, NTRCFW, output