Hacking NTRCFW 3.4 Preview1(Support video output on New 3DS)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Boxboy works great, smooth 60 FPS stream :P
Screenshot%202016-04-11%2020.48.31.png

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slow for me, but holy it works. FBI was streaming at 58-60 FPS because it's just text, home menu got 12-25 (depending on what title was displaying, plus I have a lot on it too). Tales of the Abyss was 5-7 FPS during the opening and seemed to respond more after closing the debugger. When there's just text in game on a black screen it went back to 58-60. I'm really impressed with this.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Still not playable but damn they are so close to perfection. Can't wait to see the next releases, I'd donate for this kind of shit.

Unfortunately closing the lid after you've done the connection requires a hardboot because of black screen.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Still not playable but damn they are so close to perfection. Can't wait to see the next releases, I'd donate for this kind of shit.

Unfortunately closing the lid after you've done the connection requires a hardboot because of black screen.
I think connection is always lost in games that use online when you close the lid, too. It would just be a matter of handling that so the 3DS turn off automatically if closed, instead of crashing.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
It works for MHX, unfortunately it hangs once I talk to the quest giver. Oh well, hoping for improvements.

Serei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Streaming Pokemon Red seemingly makes the NTRViewer console to spam format changed: 3 and format changed: 5 constantly (literally 20 messages/second). Anyone tried other VC titles if they do the same? The stream works flawlessly though.

Literally can't stream OoT though? Anyone know why?

Last edited by Serei,

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Would be awesome if we could stream audio, too. dunno know how
Male to Male 3.5mm audio cable, 1 end to your 3DS the other to your PC microphone jack. There isn't any need to stream audio, it would probably take up precious resources needed for better performance when such a simple solution exists.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
I've tested this and works pretty smoothly, I tried streamng with both computer and 3DS next to the router and the result is impressing. Also noticed that after loading my savefile of Alpha Saphire the game seems to hang at a black screen.
I left the 3DS around 10 minutes just in case it was a crazy fps drop but returning to homemenu inmediately fixes the black screen so I suppose is something specific to Pokemon buffer (I heard time ago from @Reisyukaku back in the day when Reinand supported screenshots that Pokemon used different offsets?)
NTR handles things differently, it uses arm11 and gsp to get screen buffer, i was using physical addressed on arm9, lol.

Serei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tested this and works pretty smoothly, I tried streamng with both computer and 3DS next to the router and the result is impressing. Also noticed that after loading my savefile of Alpha Saphire the game seems to hang at a black screen.
I left the 3DS around 10 minutes just in case it was a crazy fps drop but returning to homemenu inmediately fixes the black screen so I suppose is something specific to Pokemon buffer (I heard time ago from @Reisyukaku back in the day when Reinand supported screenshots that Pokemon used different offsets?)
Same thing with Ocarina of Time it seems like, completely black. But it works if you go back to homescreen again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think the Mister is cool and all, but honestly I have seen some video's exploring the...