Hacking NTR Preview 2 N3DS Streaming 3-4X Faster! (Side by Side Comparison)

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I got N3DS running on emuNAND 10.6 (which probably has 10.4 FIRM), I also have previous 10.3 emuNAND backup on PC.
Is there any way I can simply extract and inject FIRM from 10.3 to 10.6 (NTR stopped working since when updated to 10.4 and didn't bother much)

The reason I asking because it's been a while using on 10.6 and I don't want to get back to 10.3 and lose apps and progress to previous date. And I use GW red cart mostly so don't want to switch to other CFW.

I really want to use this video streaming feature on NTR.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got N3DS running on emuNAND 10.6 (which probably has 10.4 FIRM), I also have previous 10.3 emuNAND backup on PC.
Is there any way I can simply extract and inject FIRM from 10.3 to 10.6 (NTR stopped working since when updated to 10.4 and didn't bother much)

The reason I asking because it's been a while using on 10.6 and I don't want to get back to 10.3 and lose apps and progress to previous date. And I use GW red cart mostly so don't want to switch to other CFW.

I really want to use this video streaming feature on NTR.
You just need to use another firmware.bin, not to downgrade xD Also, Aureinand is a better CFW.

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
You just need to use another firmware.bin, not to downgrade xD Also, Aureinand is a better CFW.
The thing is I don't want to risk bricking my N3DS XL until a much safer option appears (it does has ThemeHax autoboot to emuNAND). GW is using 10.4 FIRM apparently which is not as easy as replacing firmware.bin

I already have A9LH with AuReiNAND set up on my O3DS XL but that's not gonna stream video at the moment sadly.

EDIT: Can I just install NATIVE FIRM from 10.3 update pack (if I can find) to 10.6 emuNAND using sysupdater? Or will GW Launcher.dat going to enforce its own 10.4 NATIVE FIRM if it has.

Last edited by Just3DS,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The thing is I don't want to risk bricking my N3DS XL until a much safer option appears (it does has ThemeHax autoboot to emuNAND). GW is using 10.4 FIRM apparently which is not as easy as replacing firmware.bin

I already have A9LH with AuReiNAND set up on my O3DS XL but that's not gonna stream video at the moment sadly.

EDIT: Can I just install NATIVE FIRM from 10.3 update pack (if I can find) to 10.6 emuNAND using sysupdater? Or will GW Launcher.dat going to enforce its own 10.4 NATIVE FIRM if it has.
I'm using Gateway and I can use NTR just fine. As far as I can tell they're using 9.5 FIRM.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works great on GW 3.7.1 10.7.0-32E
cats.jpg

Reactions: XRaidersP

Just3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using Gateway and I can use NTR just fine. As far as I can tell they're using 9.5 FIRM.
I can confirm it works now. I'm sure it didn't work for me before when I tried several build of BootNTR.
Tried replacing ntr.bin and cia from NTR CFW Preview2 it booted on GW 10.6 fine. Going to test video stream now! :yay3ds:

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone has a suggestion for a software to capture that 3ds video with the sound through the headphone plug into the mic slot of the PC?

It's really nice how far this has come, truly amazing

PixelBurst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know about the cable, but an actual software to record the video and sound of the PC while playing the 3DS stream.

I never recorded on my PC before (never used twitch or the likes) so I'm actually kinda lost in which software should I research

OBS. The only software you'll need for local recording and streaming.

Reactions: SpongeFreak52

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head