• Replies 45
  • Likes 4

chainswordcs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I know that an earlier post explains how to backup SpotPass data, but first I have a question.

For some reason I just received a SpotPass notification for Tri Force Heroes, announcing the 2.1.0 update. This notification first went out almost 6 years ago.

It doesn't add any content to the game, it just explains that a manual update is available. But the notification may contain images or something besides plain text. (I haven't checked it yet; I'm keeping the blue dot alive.)

Is this the kind of thing that you guys would like to archive? Or are you mainly interested in game content added through SpotPass?

I mean I dunno haha. I'd be interested in archiving it just for archival's sake.

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hey there, I know that an earlier post explains how to backup SpotPass data, but first I have a question.

For some reason I just received a SpotPass notification for Tri Force Heroes, announcing the 2.1.0 update. This notification first went out almost 6 years ago.

It doesn't add any content to the game, it just explains that a manual update is available. But the notification may contain images or something besides plain text. (I haven't checked it yet; I'm keeping the blue dot alive.)

Is this the kind of thing that you guys would like to archive? Or are you mainly interested in game content added through SpotPass?
Well, most of ppl would be interested in game data (aka dlc).
We can't get it anymore for many games, but I think all spd should be archived too

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Well it turns out the SpotPass that I mentioned wasn't stored in the game's ext data. I'm guessing it's in SysNAND since it was just a notification anyway. Never mind then!
Well, I want backup them too...
But don't know if it's even possible to backup and restore them
There app on git exist, but it's crash for me
https://github.com/Ryuzaki-MrL/NotifyMii

Interesting thing:
https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/ACNL_Spotpass_File_Creator_3DS
You can create Spotpass Content for Post Office Presents and Campground RVs for ACNL
And send them to your 3ds!
If someone can understand how it's work, maybe we can send official SPD to other 3ds games

Last edited by k7ra,

chainswordcs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I want backup them too...
But don't know if it's even possible to backup and restore them
There app on git exist, but it's crash for me
https://github.com/Ryuzaki-MrL/NotifyMii

Ooooh neat! I will absolutely look into this.

Interesting thing:
https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/ACNL_Spotpass_File_Creator_3DS
You can create Spotpass Content for Post Office Presents and Campground RVs for ACNL
And send them to your 3ds!
If someone can understand how it's work, maybe we can send official SPD to other 3ds games

Oh wow, I don't know if this creates the same sort of files we are dumping, but it appears to intercept the server requests and distribute custom SpotPass data! Very cool. I won't look into this much, because I'm not much of a coder... But it's certainly a good starting point for someone who does want to look into it, and maybe eventually there will be custom servers like Wiimmfi (but I'm just being hopeful, I know it's never as simple as just doing it haha).

Nynrah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It'd be cool if someone's got a dum

I write instruction on reddit, well here it is :D :
To backup(dump) spotpass data you need access to "FBI" hombrew.

There you would see "Ext Save Data", go there.

There would be a list with all what you have, pick a game (Devil Survior 2 for example)

Next you would see "Browse SpotPass Save Data (That's where a spotpass data saved).

Let's enter and we need all folders that's you find here.

Press "A" on "<current directory>", choose "Copy all contents".

Now we need go to where to paste it. Press "B" few times to get in root.

Choose "SD", we need a folder to where we would copy all our spotpass data (Better create a folder for each game that we saw in "Ext Save Data"(Or what we want to backup) like SD/SpotPass/(Gamename).

Go to folder, choose "<current directory>" and "Paste".

Done! Our spot pass backuped!

Now transfer it to pc, zip it with winrar and share!

Name format would be "Game name (Region)"

Like "Devil Survior 2 (USA)".

Would be great if you go to masseges and make a photo of your spotpass info too.

To add it on your 3ds: Run game, make a save, then copy shared spotpass data to "Ext Save Data" in game that you want.
To restore copy SPD files with "FBI" to "Ext Save Data"\"GAMENAME"\
*Some SPD was saved as user data (Dead or Alive after obtaining, Miiverse (mii characters) for example)

Sadly I have SPD for 4 games.
Shared full SPD for SMT: DS2CB (EUR\USA) and FE: A (All regions?).
Have last one for Samurai Warriors Chronicles (Can be get even now)
And last SPD for Hyrule Warriors Legends (Can be get now too)
So I not shared them
Hope ppl would share theirs, so we would not lost them with time...

One more thing, SPD can be faked(custom created) if we understand how they call in game commands for items. But I want collect legit ones
I tried to add the spotpass data for Fire Emblem Awakening (EUR) by copying the file in FBI to Ext Save Data/[title name] like you described here. However, Fire Emblem Awakening doesn't show up in FBI under Ext Save Data. I made sure to have created a save and the region matches the region of my 3DS.

Strangely enough, I couldn't find an extdata ID for Fire Emblem Awakening in this list either, meaning I can't just copy directly to the sdmc/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/extdata/<ExtdataID-High>/<ExtdataID low (game extdata ID)> folder.
https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata#SD_Extdata

Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong here and how to restore the Fire Emblem Awakening spotpass data?

UPDATE: Apparantly I had to take an extra step before the extdata folder was created for this game. Unlike most games it seems that you have to explicitely enable spotpass once to create extdata. You can disable it right away, but it tripped me up because I normally don't have to go through this step.

Last edited by Nynrah,

J-Lin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpotPass could share some clothing items in Tomodachi Life. As a goodbye present (which they still give out now), they give you a Schoolgirl Uniform to signify the end of SpotPass distribtuion
Here's a comprehensive list of SpotPass games' details that aren't yet mentioned in the first post...
  1. Animal Crossing New Leaf
  2. Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
  3. Kirby Planet Robobot seems to have no SpotPass functionality.
  4. Kirby Triple Deluxe seems to have no SpotPass functionality.
  5. Pokemon X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire
    • The Holo Caster can receive special news bulletins about events and tournaments. The player also receives special distributions from some stores and event locations(???)
    • In OR/AS, the Holo Caster doesn't exist, but the PSS still receives applicable SpotPass updates(???)
    • (side note: I am a huge Pokemon fan and I have no idea what this is)
    • See: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/SpotPass
  6. Pokemon Shuffle and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
  7. Pokedex 3D (Not Pokedex 3D Pro)
  8. Pokemon Rumble World
    • Mii avatars of people on the player's friend list will visit, and can drop currency under certain circumstances. Also, the player receives rewards in the form of currency when hitting SpotPass hit milestones.
    • See: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/SpotPass
  9. Sonic Generations seems to have no SpotPass functionality.
  10. Super Mario 3D Land seems to have no SpotPass functionality.
  11. Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
  12. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy seems to have no SpotPass functionality.
I realize in retrospect that perhaps the data obtained in certain ways (like through a StreetPass relay) may show up as a blue notification. Maybe that's why titles like Kirby, Mario, and Sonic are on this list. But they do not have any functionality exclusive to SpotPass, as far as I am aware.

I will try to look through my multiple 3DS systems and dump whatever I can. For games which specifically have more important stuff locked behind SpotPass, like real free DLC, I will look into dumping more of my save data if I have any.

And here's a short list of the games that matter most:
  1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (exclusive items)
  2. Bravely Default Flying Fairy (maybe, dunno exactly)
  3. Bravely Default (probably)
  4. Dead or Alive: Dimensions
  5. Fire Emblem: Awakening (exclusive items etc)
  6. Mario Kart 7 (very maybe, just random ghosts. archiving every random ghost ever is an impossible task)
  7. Nintendo Video
  8. Pokedex 3D (would be nice, but Pokedex 3D Pro is basically a complete replacement)
  9. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker (though we do have save-editing)
  10. StreetPass Mii Plaza (maybe)
  11. Swapnote
  12. Tomodachi Life (maybe)

Wakemiiup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using a spotpass file for streetpass mii plaza but it doesn't work, I go on FBI, then ext save data, then streetpass mii plaza, and finally paste the file into spotpass save data. But it doesn't do anything, it just sits there.

J-Lin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine has 13/24 of the North American SpotPass Clothing items for Tomodachi Life and are willing to dump and share them!

Reactions: k7ra

Feroz El Mejor

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spain
If anyone has completed Pokedex 3D, I'd certainly appreciate it
I'm trying to do a backup from my save but jksv says "The archive could not be opened. 0xC8804478 Error:"

Checkpoint doesn't show the icon of the game.

FBI says the same error as JKSV.

CTR SaveDataFiler says that the save data is "broken user save data" (ID 0004000000032600)

Nothing, I don't know how to extract that save data, the game is 100% completed and it works perfectly since 2011.

Edit:
Nevermind, it uses an exdata save, so there it is:

Attachments

• 2021.05.01_17.37.42.part01.rar
    8 MB · Views: 49
  • 2021.05.01_17.37.42.part02.rar
    8 MB · Views: 44
  • 2021.05.01_17.37.42.part03.rar
    8 MB · Views: 49
  • 2021.05.01_17.37.42.part04.rar
    8 MB · Views: 46
  • 2021.05.01_17.37.42.part05.rar
    8 MB · Views: 45
  • 2021.05.01_17.37.42.part06.rar
    8 MB · Views: 45
  • 2021.05.01_17.37.42.part07.rar
    8 MB · Views: 43
  • 2021.05.01_17.37.42.part08.rar
    8 MB · Views: 46
  • 2021.05.01_17.37.42.part09.rar
    2.8 MB · Views: 49
Last edited by Feroz El Mejor,

chainswordcs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump. :P
By the way, I still haven't forgotten about this. I haven't done a ton of testing and research into exactly how it works (and how to, say, copy a file and simulate a SpotPass tag), but I have still been collecting random old SpotPass data from my several 3DS consoles and it'll all be uploaded somewhere eventually...

k7ra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
bump. :P
By the way, I still haven't forgotten about this. I haven't done a ton of testing and research into exactly how it works (and how to, say, copy a file and simulate a SpotPass tag), but I have still been collecting random old SpotPass data from my several 3DS consoles and it'll all be uploaded somewhere eventually...
By the way, I opened you acsess for editing 1st post (if I forget add some data or if you found something new

Icyflag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I write instruction on reddit, well here it is :D :
To backup(dump) spotpass data you need access to "FBI" hombrew.

There you would see "Ext Save Data", go there.

There would be a list with all what you have, pick a game (Devil Survior 2 for example)

Next you would see "Browse SpotPass Save Data (That's where a spotpass data saved).

Let's enter and we need all folders that's you find here.

Press "A" on "<current directory>", choose "Copy all contents".

Now we need go to where to paste it. Press "B" few times to get in root.

Choose "SD", we need a folder to where we would copy all our spotpass data (Better create a folder for each game that we saw in "Ext Save Data"(Or what we want to backup) like SD/SpotPass/(Gamename).

Go to folder, choose "<current directory>" and "Paste".

Done! Our spot pass backuped!

Now transfer it to pc, zip it with winrar and share!

Name format would be "Game name (Region)"

Like "Devil Survior 2 (USA)".

Would be great if you go to masseges and make a photo of your spotpass info too.

To add it on your 3ds: Run game, make a save, then copy shared spotpass data to "Ext Save Data" in game that you want.
To restore copy SPD files with "FBI" to "Ext Save Data"\"GAMENAME"\
*Some SPD was saved as user data (Dead or Alive after obtaining, Miiverse (mii characters) for example)

Sadly I have SPD for 4 games.
Shared full SPD for SMT: DS2CB (EUR\USA) and FE: A (All regions?).
Have last one for Samurai Warriors Chronicles (Can be get even now)
And last SPD for Hyrule Warriors Legends (Can be get now too)
So I not shared them
Hope ppl would share theirs, so we would not lost them with time...

One more thing, SPD can be faked(custom created) if we understand how they call in game commands for items. But I want collect legit ones
Can someone explain it better, please ? i don't understand this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P