Homebrew NTR Launcher - Bring back that classic DS boot screen for your DS games!

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This sounds like a really neat tool, but there's one thing that's bothering me. In the video when it shows the boot screen, the top screen is missing the Nintendo logo that shows up if you have a DS cart inserted into your DS. Or did that get added sometime after the video was made? It's silly to not have it because you wouldn't be running the tool if you didn't have your flashcart inserted, no?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like a really neat tool, but there's one thing that's bothering me. In the video when it shows the boot screen, the top screen is missing the Nintendo logo that shows up if you have a DS cart inserted into your DS. Or did that get added sometime after the video was made? It's silly to not have it because you wouldn't be running the tool if you didn't have your flashcart inserted, no?
It's only in the DSi logo. It's in both logos in the DS forwarders.

Reactions: Hozu

randomt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
My DS just shuts off whenever I start the NTR Launcher (Alt build)

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Using a DSTT and my DS is on the latest Luma with AL9H and the latest System Software

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
@Apache Thunder , is it possible to make a minor update to this software?

TWLoader recently added a "VRAM boost" option for running NTR software, which enables the DSi's 32-bit VRAM bus. Would it be possible for you to backport this toggle to NTR Launcher?
TWLoader hangs at a white screen when I try to boot my flashcard (an Acekard 2i) but even if it did I would find NTR Launcher more convenient since it just boots up my card automatically.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Well if someone can make a full screen patch for the top screen, kindly let me know please? :)
I do like that there is suddenly rapid progress in NDS 3DS functions.
all thanks to so many people achieving cfw (also its been quite awhile since the 3ds came out so most everything of it is documented)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
@Apache Thunder , is it possible to make a minor update to this software?

TWLoader recently added a "VRAM boost" option for running NTR software, which enables the DSi's 32-bit VRAM bus. Would it be possible for you to backport this toggle to NTR Launcher?
TWLoader hangs at a white screen when I try to boot my flashcard (an Acekard 2i) but even if it did I would find NTR Launcher more convenient since it just boots up my card automatically.

Adding that feature now. For now it will be bundled with the NTRCLOCK option. So if NTRCLOCK is disabled (thus enabling TWL clock speeds), it will now set SCFG_EXT on Arm9 so that VRAM is extended/boosted as well. Currently compiling the builds. An updated release will be available soon™. :D

EDIT:

The change is now live:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.9.5

Enjoy!

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Adding that feature now. For now it will be bundled with the NTRCLOCK option. So if NTRCLOCK is disabled (thus enabling TWL clock speeds), it will now set SCFG_EXT on Arm9 so that VRAM is extended/boosted as well. Currently compiling the builds. An updated release will be available soon™. :D

EDIT:

The change is now live:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.9.5

Enjoy!

What does this enable game-wise when you already have a flashcard? NTR clockspeeds enable DSi's enhanced processor to work at a higher clock speed. I assume that vram makes the gamea run even smoother than just the clockspeed? Thanks for the release apache!

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
What does this enable game-wise when you already have a flashcard? NTR clockspeeds enable DSi's enhanced processor to work at a higher clock speed. I assume that vram makes the gamea run even smoother than just the clockspeed? Thanks for the release apache!

Should make the game run better, yeah. Trackmania is reported to be improved by the VRAM boost for example but I haven't done any comparisons myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44