Homebrew NTR Launcher - Bring back that classic DS boot screen for your DS games!

MuscleMuscleHust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks great! But, will it be possible to have the Nintendo logo under the Nintendo DS logo, and the "Press the touchscreen to continue" text at the bottom?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
as long its seen by the 3DS (doesnt crash it though) what you can TRY though is the Action Replay Stage 3 launcher from Apache's other thread replace its .nds file w/ the same one that will be that card's latest fw update and should work .. HOWEVER, you need to enable loading external modules in latest luma and put a patched twlbg.cxi for your 3DS Model in /luma to run em (the stage 3 launchers need to be updated where they wont need this anymore.)

My new version of NTR Bootstrap no longer requires dev launcher patch. You can use that instead of the old action replay launcher:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_BootStrap/releases

Saphiredurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, do you know if there may be a chance that something like this could be enabled through a custom firmware similar to the AGB boot screen? Just thinking this would be awesome for when I use a forwarder channel (although the fact that it's a forwarder channel may make it more complicated then that. Maybe it would have to be something injected into the forwarder? Not sure ;-; )?

EDIT: Oh nevermind. Didn't read the forwarder post in all of it's entirety before, this is awesome, seriously thank you for all of your hard work Apache Thunder! It's all these cool little small things coming together that I never really knew (or remembered) that I wanted that's just making it all the better. Thank you again!

Last edited by Saphiredurf,

Sigiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
even after resetslot1 enabled , it freezes on whitescreen (with twl and agb 4.0.0.7 patch ,where my cart worked) it shows an error has occurred...i am on latest firm o3ds , a9lh , and latest luma hourly.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even after resetslot1 enabled , it freezes on whitescreen (with twl and agb 4.0.0.7 patch ,where my cart worked) it shows an error has occurred...i am on latest firm o3ds , a9lh , and latest luma hourly.
If you're using EmuNAND, install it in sysNAND too.

Sigiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
What card are you using when you're getting the whitescreen?

used to work back when 4.5.xx was released ,
an R4i SDHC Dual-Core New

maybe its bricked? because their are chances since they release cards every year with minor changes to name and no change to looks (i didnt update the card a relative of mine did..)

also the card isnt supported now so had to get its kernel files via the wayback machine

Cecil_FF4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Running CycloDS fw2.3 on NTR_launcher 1.9.4 on O3DSXL with Luma 6.3.1 and A9LH. It boots up and runs games fine, but some menus freeze. The settings menu or the per-game sub-menus freeze (no inputs work), but the clock keeps ticking in the background. The in-game enhanced menu works fine at least. I can also still use the home button functionality, so the TWL OS itself isn't freezing. I have also tried reflashing my CylcoDS firmware, using someone else's CycloDS folder items (his/hers worked fine on their 3DS), and using a clean CycloDS folder (I let the OS create a fresh config). It doesn't matter if I set the RESETSLOT1 to 1 or 0, either. Can you help?

mmz16x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even with the DS cart not inserted it powers off I put my GW Bluecard in and it powers off with that to :( should I install the patched TWL_FRM??? or do a complete CFW re'install :( mind you im on the latest Luma3DS with a9lh 2.0

P.S. How do i go to DS DLP if i cant load a game cart at all :(

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even with the DS cart not inserted it powers off I put my GW Bluecard in and it powers off with that to :( should I install the patched TWL_FRM??? or do a complete CFW re'install :( mind you im on the latest Luma3DS with a9lh 2.0

P.S. How do i go to DS DLP if i cant load a game cart at all :(
Luma3DS auto-patches TWL_FIRM, so no need for a manual installation. Where is Luma3DS' .bin file, and what's it's filename?

xtreemsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much! I'm successfully using my old CycloDS Evolution with a N3DS XL w/ A9LH & Luma. Why is it that the 3DS w/ Luma can't boot the flash cart directly? Just curious... Thanks again for this!

mmz16x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found that using D9 to dg to my old 9.2 allowed me to run NDS games again so going that route then updating will work prolly so my next question how do i backup my saves to work on another firm as im going from 11.1>9.2>11.1 :P i jus want my saves to work wish this app by the OP didnt mess up my n3ds like this :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol