Homebrew NTR Launcher - Bring back that classic DS boot screen for your DS games!

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, just wanted to report that this is working perfectly with my CycloDS Evolution, *but*, as someone mentioned in the other thread (and I'm sure someone has already mentioned here, but I'm not going through 12 pages to find out), I actually had to disregard the bit in the first post about having the cartridge inserted before going into NTR Launcher. If I did, it would freeze on a white screen after the logo bit. If I instead eject the CycloDS cartridge, start up NTR Launcher, wait until it tells me to insert a cartridge, and then re-insert the CycloDS cartridge, it works perfectly. I think this probably has something to do with the CycloDS being blacklisted by the 3DS.

So maybe the first post should be updated to reflect this? I thought I was doing something wrong for a bit until I found that out.

So glad that I don't have to buy a new flashcart just to get my DS games working, though.

Last edited by Insidious611,
Reactions: MushGuy

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, just wanted to report that this is working perfectly with my CycloDS Evolution, *but*, as someone mentioned in the other thread (and I'm sure someone has already mentioned here, but I'm not going through 12 pages to find out), I actually had to disregard the bit in the first post about having the cartridge inserted before going into the loader. If I did, it would freeze on a white screen after the logo bit. If I instead eject the CycloDS cartridge, start up the loader, wait until it tells me to insert a cartridge, and then re-insert the CycloDS cartridge, it works perfectly. I think this probably has something to do with the CycloDS being blacklisted by the 3DS.

So maybe the first post should be updated to reflect this? I thought I was doing something wrong for a bit until I found that out.
No, It's the improved card reset code that causes the problem.

orochi115

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
if by contact you mean the game is not reaching, i've tried many times with different things to make it stay. and still no success.

I've got a question, is there any other way to see if the files i have on the 3ds are the proper ones? and like orochi115 mentioned, it may be something with my flashcart?
For files on 3DS, I think there's little to care about. If you can see cartridge icon in home menu (luma), there's no contact problem.

Mapachillo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For files on 3DS, I think there's little to care about. If you can see cartridge icon in home menu (luma), there's no contact problem.
I found an old R4, and that one worked like a charm. Maybe indeed was not reaching the pins inside. Thank you all for your support.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I hope they fix this for the next release.

Already done:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.9.2

New in this release is the ability to override the new card init feature. You can force a full slot reset by enabling the "RESETSLOT1" option in the ini file. :D

DSTwo users mainly will benefit from this. It's off by default, but enable if you notice your card only works if you insert it at the Cartridge prompt screen instead of booting with the card inserted.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Already done:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.9.2

New in this release is the ability to override the new card init feature. You can force a full slot reset by enabling the "RESETSLOT1" option in the ini file. :D

DSTwo users mainly will benefit from this. It's off by default, but enable if you notice your card only works if you insert it at the Cartridge prompt screen instead of booting with the card inserted.
Got my R4i SDHC working with RESETSLOT1 on, thanks :D
This launcher gets more compatibility on every update.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,
Reactions: Apache Thunder

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest release, 1.9.2, doesn't seem to honor the NTRCLOCK setting if you use RESETSLOT1 (no idea if it works without RESETSLOT1). I've been using the Select Quest banner in Pharaoh in Solatorobo to test because it's one of the most obvious places to see the stutter vs fluid scrolling text, but if you know of a better/faster test, that'd also be great. :)

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The latest release, 1.9.2, doesn't seem to honor the NTRCLOCK setting if you use RESETSLOT1 (no idea if it works without RESETSLOT1). I've been using the Select Quest banner in Pharaoh in Solatorobo to test because it's one of the most obvious places to see the stutter vs fluid scrolling text, but if you know of a better/faster test, that'd also be great. :)
Works fine with my R4i SDHC with "RESETSLOT1 = 1", tried crashing Metroid Prime Hunters [emoji14]
Also, you need to set "NTRCLOCK = 0" for TWL Clock speed.

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

Ownster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried it Pokemon platinum with twl mode just to see what happens and it makes the music sound rather wierd

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Apache Thunder: Just retested and with DISABLEDANIMATION=0, NTRCLOCK=0 it seems to be TWL speed. With DISABLEDANIMATION=1, NTRCLOCK=0, it seems to be NTR speed. I'll look into Trackmania more to test with but I'm pretty sure it's not a fluke thing with Solatorobo. Is Coast a map you have to unlock with Trackmania because I don't see it as an option from the start? Edit: Nevermind, Trackmania Turbo is the one with Coast. :)

Last edited by kuwanger,

easyonme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I was wondering if this project also allows the ability for the SD card inserted in the DS cart to be used as an additional card for 3ds software, in other words, giving the option to double the storage on the the device (as opposed to be only destined to contain DS software).

hopefully that makes sense

cheers,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps