ROM Hack RELEASE NSC_Builder. Nintendo Switch Cleaner and Builder. (Game+updates+dlc in a single xci)

• Thread starter JRoad
  • Start date
  • Views 734,512
  • Replies 2,827
  • Likes 74

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok seems to be working now. So lets say there is another update/dlc in the future, can the moded xci be used or do you have to start from scratch?

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Is this the output you need? (note this log also shows the "Too many arguments in command line" error I mentioned in post 526)

Code:
Edited to remove keys

Actually I've just tried the XCI from the above and it's working now. Very strange, I used exactly the same mode, settings and NSP files as before, the resulting XCI was a few KB in size different, and it's working now

Last edited by markmcrobie,

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
.../QUOTE]
Next time please PM it to me since there are kes there, though decrypted. Not sure about the stand of gbatemp about that.

Ok, log seems correct. The too many arguments is in the .zip generation which is independent from the xci or nsp generation. Your system seem to not handlewell all those arguments passed to 7zip. Well i'll look into it though i'm thinking about using other backup format for when I introduce "restore mode". Didn't work much in the program trough the holidays though I expect to introduce it in the next big update. (It'll be a little update before that though to make the Xenoblade fix official and fix a couple of things)

Well now regarding Road Redemption check that hacbuild did finish the process. I saw some cases in wich the xci is incomplete because of it. Check the final size:
upload_2019-1-1_18-43-41.png

which is like 3,73 GB

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually I've just tried the XCI from the above and it's working now. Very strange, I used exactly the same mode, settings and NSP files as before, the resulting XCI was a few KB in size different, and it's working now
You actually answered while i was writing, well my guess is still the same. Probably the file wasn't fully completed.
Next release will incorporate these logs for the info functions. It should give you an idea of the final size of the file.

Attachments

• multicontent xci.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 181
  • Road Redemption [010053000B986800][v131072]-content.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 158
  • Road Redemption [010053000B986000][v0]-content.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 200

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
I've noticed that with some XCI files created, if I transfer them across to the microSD via FTP (using NX Shell 1.1.0 on the Switch) then when I load the XCI from the SX menu I get "the game card cannot be read". If I transfer the XCI files across by plugging the microSD into my computer directly, it works fine.

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Sometimes the XCI updated is smaller than the XCI with no update, why is this?
Well you kinda have the answer in the reformed "get CONTENT of the xci\nsp" function.
A full xci dump has:
1.- Padding at the end of cartridge. (Erased with normal trimming)
2.- More padding bwtween partitions (Hacbuild reduces that)
3.- A system firmware update (wich is not extracted or repacked by NSC_Builder) and is aroun 400mb.
A CDN eshop update dump has (from the second update onwards)
1.- The full update.
2.- Delta nca wich serve to patch the previous updates without installing the full new update wich aren't needed for the xci (kinda have been telling this a lot XD)

The deltas can take a lot of space, for example in the picture I posted yesterday for one of the Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle updates you see how the Deltas take almost half of the update size. So it'll depend on the real size of the game and the real size of the update. We could even go smaller actually by reversing the way the SDK creates the updates but unlike current method that one would make you loose compatibility with normal update installation.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Cities Skyline lets me start the game but then crashes and says "The software closed because an error occurred" no matter what I do, after building an XCI from the NSP base game with NSP update

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Works fine using my latest release without patching it, didn't try other configurations. I don't really understand why you're running into that many issues.
Total size should be 2,19GB
Relevan information is in the attached text file.

Attachments

• sky[multi][xcib]-content.txt
    2 KB · Views: 301

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Cities Skyline lets me start the game but then crashes and says "The software closed because an error occurred" no matter what I do, after building an XCI from the NSP base game with NSP update
Cities: Skylines tries to access Paradox sites for accepting EULA, at least on a first run, and crash if can't do it. Disable network by turning on a flight mode before running the game so you can skip it.

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the new update, well done :yayswitch:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 works perfect now.

Wish for the future:
I always want to see all actions and infos. That's why I remove all CLS commands every time.
Can't you leave them away? I don't think that someone would be angry,
it makes no big difference if there're more lines above or not, don't you think?
Or could an option be added to de-/activate the CLS's ?

(English README..txt - still with 2 points :rolleyes:)

Last edited by 18Phoenix,

JRoad

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Wish for the future:
I always want to see all actions and infos. That's why I remove all CLS commands every time.
it makes no big difference if there're more lines above or not, don't you think?

I like the class visually but I can add that option for you in the config.

Reactions: 18Phoenix

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wish for the future:

With DLC ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny