Hacking Note taking on Acekard2 w/AKAIO

CoconutCake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried DSorganize just now and it corrupted my sd card! Now I'm reformatting it (luckily I lost nothing important and had backups). So now I'm afraid to use it anymore even tho it seemed good.

All I want is to take simple text notes and save them. What's a decent homebrew that won't corrupt my card?

I'm using AKAIO 1.3 Final, AK2 on DS Lite, Transcend 8GB Class 6 MSDHC.

CoconutCake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually you just reminded me, I have a G6 slot 2 cart and it has PDA stuff too. I never tried it. Maybe I will. Thanks for reminding me.

But I'd rather have something to run on my AK2. Just a simple notepad that is reliable/safe.

Shame about DSorganize. Can't afford to have my card corrupted just for notes. I have a paper notepad that works fine. Heh.
wink.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Which version of DSOrganize are you using? The latest version was released before it was completed because the author abandoned the project. You should always use the previous release, 3.1129 which is much more stable. I've never had a problem with it.

-BRi

CoconutCake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Bri.

Can you confirm you used that version yourself with no card corruptions with AK2 + AKAIO? I just really don't want that to happen again.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
evilhomura89 Posted Yesterday, 10:40 PM
phew...luckily i saw this
i almost used DSorganize but no time to dload it yt...and i don't have any game save backup

DSO is one of my fav apps, as buggy as it may be. Its got sooo many different things you can do with it.
Nowadays I mostly use it to play mp3s (it even recognizes playlists), and for listening to internet radio.
I've even got Winamp set up to stream what ive got playing on my computer over to DSOrganize, so I can play audio straight from my PC on my DS, which is pretty amazing stuff!
Like Bri said, just be sure to use 3.1129 because its the most stable version.

but yeah, for quick notes try the DSNotes or WordDS

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Another World Posted Today, 05:41 PM

QUOTE(VatoLoco @ Jan 25 2009, 09:52 AM) *
I've even got Winamp set up to stream what ive got playing on my computer over to DSOrganize, so I can play audio straight from my PC on my DS, which is pretty amazing stuff!

really? i need to give that a try.

-another world

Oh, yeahs=) Here's the link to the tutorial I used on how to set up a winamp shoutcast server that'll broadcast to yer DSO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night