Homebrew Not64 Update

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have adventure mode 2 unlocked on diddy kong racing? if so can you see if this new released fixed the graphics like ti did with destruction derby mirror mode?
Yes, Adventure 2 appears flawless.

Is there any particular game that has improved significantly?
I tested and rejected Conker's Bad Fur Day in the 2020 version some time ago.

I think it's quite playable now. Some slowdown and some flickering graphics. But I think it's significantly better than I remember.

Then, I got ambitious and tried some of the problem children. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon still locks up in area transitions. The Factor 5 Star Wars games still blackscreen. Jet Force Gemini still freeze frames the display if you ever go into the menu.

Nonetheless, essentially perfect Diddy Kong Racing is a very worthy accomplishment!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
fixed some textures issues on games like ayden chronicles and such xD extrems is on fire again :P

extrems maybe for someday you could take a look at some games where there is dynarec issues or code dump issues?

paperboy,gex64,goemons games,castlevania,castlevania legacy of darkness dont start on dynarec,work fine on intrepreter.

donald duck goiing quakers if you talk to any character in dynarec you get stuck on endless loop and cant get out of the conversation, on intrepreter this doesnt happen.

mario tennis freezes after serving on dynarec works fine on intrepreter.

tarzan only boots with cpu clock divider set to 1 but it will crash afew minutes after.

vigilante 8 with fbtextures on crashes with code dump before reaching ingame.

blacksquares around textures with fb set on
vigilant 8,vigitlant8 second offense,jet force geminy,turok 3

Last edited by pedro702,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thanks again @Extrems for another update (v20210817) with some fixes of last release of 16-August-2021!

EDIT: @Extrems, are you going to add the option for let us choose if we want to use the "Toggle NAND Pagefile" option, (for run bigger games or increase speed in some), rather than letting Not64 to choose automatically, like @FIX94's version of Wii64 1.2 has, as @Sogun requested it?

Last edited by SaulFabre,

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes extrems finaly fixed bomberman 64 and fixed some textures issues on games like ayden chronicles and such xD extrems is on fire again :P

extrems maybe for someday you could take a look at some games where there is dynarec issues or code dump issues?

paperboy,gex64,goemons games,castlevania,castlevania legacy of darkness dont start on dynarec,work fine on intrepreter.

donald duck goiing quakers if you talk to any character in dynarec you get stuck on endless loop and cant get out of the conversation, on intrepreter this doesnt happen.

tarzan only boots with cpu clock divider set to 1 but it will crash afew minutes after.

Exterms did WHAT!?!?!?!?!? (Gets a heart attack then dies) nooooooo Bomberman 64 is playable now!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In the new update is anything else is fixed like Donkey Kong 64, Rayman 2, Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask?

Reactions: SaulFabre

Marcos328

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
yes extrems finaly fixed bomberman 64 and fixed some textures issues on games like ayden chronicles and such xD extrems is on fire again :P

I just tried Bomberman 64 and I see the same graphical problems, also I am using the latest version of not64 which is mupen64-20210817.

@pedro702 where is the change in Bomberman 64? because I always have those graphic problems known by glN64:unsure:

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I just tried Bomberman 64 and I see the same graphical problems, also I am using the latest version of not64 which is mupen64-20210817.

@pedro702 where is the change in Bomberman 64? because I always have those graphic problems known by glN64:unsure:
the menu worked fine and cut-scenes and such, maybe i was lucky i was testing a bunch of games in a row i know sometimes when testing games in a row sometimes you can mess up stuff like sm64 life metter and i guess i got lucky with the error on bomberman64, tryed it again and no luck now...

Tried out the latest update and played Bomberman 64. The dragon boss still black screens....
that is probably a dynarec issue no?if extrems doesnt change any dynarec it wont be fixed, he changed texture stuff and viewport stuff.

Last edited by pedro702,

drag4you

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have been testing some games with the new build and some of them feel the same as the 2020 build BUT. I have to say that Mario Party 3 runs like 99% perfectly and the flashes/flickers are now gone i only played like 15 minutes and the game feels great, the only issue i found is that the sound sometimes slows or speeds itself up when you transition to another character or minigame but its not a big deal. Can someone please test Mario Party 1 with the face lift minigame? I saw in the wiki that there's some issues with that game.

Last edited by drag4you,

Sogun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@pedro702 and @Marcos328

Western Bomberman 64 (Baku Bomberman in Japan, as the real Bomberman 64 is a 2D Japanese exclusive released in 2001) can be played for the most part doing a trick. This has been possible since Wii64 beta 1.1:
-Start the game with 'FB Textures' off.
-Let play the intro until Bomberman throws the bomb and the screen fades black. When the music starts again, go to the menu and turn 'FB textures' on. If done right, then you can skip the intro and the sky and cloud background should be visible in the game main menu.

See in this video from: 3:09

Unfortunately the game can't be completed because the screen turns black when facing the blue dragon boss in the 1-4 level. As you can't beat that boss, you can't access world 5 and complete the game.
If I recall correctly something similar happens in multiplayer. The first battle plays just fine but, for some reason, the second battle shows no image.

There hasn't been any improvements with this game since back then. I don't know if there's a workaround with 'Interpreter'.

BTW. I tried Bomberman 64 (2001) and it seems to play well, but when I return to the emulator menu it says it failed to save. I'm playing with a translation patch so maybe that's why. I didn't try this game in previous releases so I don't know how it behaved.

Last edited by Sogun,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@pedro702 and @PacBunny

Western Bomberman 64 (Baku Bomberman in Japan, as the real Bomberman 64 is a 2D Japanese exclusive released in 2001) can be played for the most part doing a trick. This has been possible since Wii64 beta 1.1:
-Let play the intro until Bomberman throws the bomb and the screen fades black. When the music starts again, go to the menu and turn 'FB textures' on. If done right, then you can skip the intro and the sky and cloud background should be visible in the game main menu.

Unfortunately the game can't be completed because the screen turns black when facing the blue dragon boss in the 1-4 level. As you can't beat that boss, you can't access world 5 and complete the game.
If I recall correctly something similar happens in multiplayer. The first battle plays just fine but, for some reason, the second battle shows no image.

There hasn't been any improvements with this game since back then. I don't know if there's a workaround with 'Interpreter'.

BTW. I tried Bomberman 64 (2001) and it seems to play well, but when I return to the emulator menu it says it failed to save. I'm playing with a translation patch so maybe that's why. I didn't try this game in previous releases so I don't know how it behaved.

what i mean it was fixed is the face of bomberman right in the first screen now has eyes and an actual face, before the intro bomberman 64 had a blank face.

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
StarWars Rogue Squadron
StarWars Battle For Naboo
Indiana Jones
StarCraft
Resident Evil 2

Im guessing Factor 5 Games may never work due to Hardware Limitations?

I mean even on PC you need Angrylion LLE GFX Plugin CXD4 RSP. Unless there has been some serious developments in HLE.

I can run Resident Evil 2 with GLN64 or Glide64 FrameBuffer hinders FMV but is required for ingame or vice versa just bit buggy when switching to different camera angles in game LLE can still be bit buggy switching too.

But thanks again @Extrems ur work is amazing and certainly brightens up my day when I see another update here on Not64, What do you think about those 5 Games ever working StarCraft and Resident Evil 2 I think possible it just the FMVs.

Last edited by CORE,

Marcos328

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
the menu worked fine and cut-scenes and such, maybe i was lucky i was testing a bunch of games in a row i know sometimes when testing games in a row sometimes you can mess up stuff like sm64 life metter and i guess i got lucky with the error on bomberman64, tryed it again and no luck now...

that is probably a dynarec issue no?if extrems doesnt change any dynarec it wont be fixed, he changed texture stuff and viewport stuff.
You were lucky that it works, and if as you mentioned the Super Mario 64 thing to me, it already happened to me but now I would like to try it, Now with the problems of Bomberman 64 it is rather graphic problems because Dynarec is not the problem, if it is not rather problems from gln64 and Rice video as GlindeN64 fixed those problems.

@pedro702 and @PacBunny

The only thing I do to get the correct graphics is when Bomberman drops the bomb and at that moment from white screen to black screen and I hope the second image comes out at that moment I press the Start button and the menu will appear without errors.

Maybe try running Bomberman 64 in Not64 in "Interpreter / Pure Interpreter" mode instead of "Dynarec / Recompiler"?
Dynarec or Interpreter are not the problem of bomberman 64 but rather as I mentioned it is of gln64.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Reactions: Marcos328

Marcos328

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
StarWars Rogue Squadron
StarWars Battle For Naboo
Indiana Jones
StarCraft
Resident Evil 2

Im guessing Factor 5 Games may never work due to Hardware Limitations?

I mean even on PC you need Angrylion LLE GFX Plugin CXD4 RSP. Unless there has been some serious developments in HLE.

I can run Resident Evil 2 with GLN64 or Glide64 FrameBuffer hinders FMV but is required for ingame or vice versa just bit buggy when switching to different camera angles in game LLE can still be bit buggy switching too.

But thanks again @Extrems ur work is amazing and certainly brightens up my day when I see another update here on Not64, What do you think about those 5 Games ever working StarCraft and Resident Evil 2 I think possible it just the FMVs.
i got starcraft running on wii64 rice, just needed some tweaks on the ricevideolinux.ini settings, im waiting on wii64 1.3 to chnage some stuff but if you want i can tell you how to get starcraft running on wii 64 1.2 rice, it has some tiny textures issues but they dont hinder gameplay at all.

Reactions: CORE and SaulFabre

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pedro702 and @PacBunny

...thank you for telling me what I already know

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
i got starcraft running on wii64 rice, just needed some tweaks on the ricevideolinux.ini settings, im waiting on wii64 1.3 to chnage some stuff but if you want i can tell you how to get starcraft running on wii 64 1.2 rice, it has some tiny textures issues but they dont hinder gameplay at all.
@pedro702 how you can run StarCraft 64 on Wii64 1.2 Rice GFX? Can you please send us your Wii64's RiceVideoLinux.ini file please? And what Wii64 Rice build are you using (emukidid or FIX94)?

With Wii64 update, emukidid told us that he is working on a next version of Wii64, but we don't know when this will be released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, qbittorrent?