Hacking Not sure if I should start over or if there's an easier way....

ByDemonsBeDriven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been a while since I've played in this scene. Started out back on the xecuter on xbox1 and wiikey on wii so I'm no newbie with hard/softmodding all kinds of consoles but I'm a little behind the times. Hoping for an easy fix here...

My kid bought a New 3DS XL and of course upgraded to 11.3 right away. He bought a few games and has been playing it for a week or so. Well I decided to buy another unit and it had 11.2 so of course I found and followed 3ds.guide with no problems and got this one modded. I then did a system transfer from his unmodded to the newly modded so he could have his menus and saves and stuff and it told me I had to swap the SD card over too which I wasn't expecting. Of course now I don't have FBI, homebrew, and all those other goodies on the SD. Do I need to repeat the whole process from 3ds.guide or is there a way to just copy over some directories from the modded SD? I can't see needing to downgrade to 2.1.0 again in order to inject this stuff. Any explanation or help is much appreciated. I'm going to keep digging and getting up to speed but if there's a quick answer I'll take it...

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been a while since I've played in this scene. Started out back on the xecuter on xbox1 and wiikey on wii so I'm no newbie with hard/softmodding all kinds of consoles but I'm a little behind the times. Hoping for an easy fix here...

My kid bought a New 3DS XL and of course upgraded to 11.3 right away. He bought a few games and has been playing it for a week or so. Well I decided to buy another unit and it had 11.2 so of course I found and followed 3ds.guide with no problems and got this one modded. I then did a system transfer from his unmodded to the newly modded so he could have his menus and saves and stuff and it told me I had to swap the SD card over too which I wasn't expecting. Of course now I don't have FBI, homebrew, and all those other goodies on the SD. Do I need to repeat the whole process from 3ds.guide or is there a way to just copy over some directories from the modded SD? I can't see needing to downgrade to 2.1.0 again in order to inject this stuff. Any explanation or help is much appreciated. I'm going to keep digging and getting up to speed but if there's a quick answer I'll take it...

Since it's a hacked console you don't need to do it again. You haven't said you did anything stupid that would warrant it. Make sure you have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root.

You'll probably have to just reinject FBI. It's been a while since I did this kind of system transfer.

https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax Do starting Section V. What you want to do is reinject FBI, install FBI, reinject H&S app, a9lh.bin should be on CTRNAND already, and make a backup of NAND while you're at it too. When you do a system transfer homebrews and things you didn't actually buy doesn't transfer. Just copy luma and files9 folder or recreate them with the proper content if you haven't already.

ByDemonsBeDriven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it's a hacked console you don't need to do it again. You haven't said you did anything stupid that would warrant it. Make sure you have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root.

You'll probably have to just reinject FBI. It's been a while since I did this kind of system transfer.

https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax Do starting Section V. What you want to do is reinject FBI, install FBI, reinject H&S app, a9lh.bin should be on CTRNAND already, and make a backup of NAND while you're at it too. When you do a system transfer homebrews and things you didn't actually buy doesn't transfer. Just copy luma and files9 folder or recreate them with the proper content if you haven't already.

This is basically what I did with a few small deviations. Everything is cool except the constant homebrew launcher freezes on startup. No rhyme or reason to it. Only fully load maybe 40% of the time. Every other time I get stuck at the white screen which seems to be a common issue. Thanks for the help. More reading to do so I can get my backups running...

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is basically what I did with a few small deviations. Everything is cool except the constant homebrew launcher freezes on startup. No rhyme or reason to it. Only fully load maybe 40% of the time. Every other time I get stuck at the white screen which seems to be a common issue. Thanks for the help. More reading to do so I can get my backups running...
Make sure you're using HBL v1.3. Also if you have Clock + L2 patch enabled, it'll screw with HBL on 11.3.0-36X. If you use HBL a lot, disable it. Most apps are available as CIA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare