Not sure if I should start over or if there's an easier way....

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ByDemonsBeDriven, Mar 15, 2017.

1. ByDemonsBeDriven
    OP

ByDemonsBeDriven Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2017
    United States
    Been a while since I've played in this scene. Started out back on the xecuter on xbox1 and wiikey on wii so I'm no newbie with hard/softmodding all kinds of consoles but I'm a little behind the times. Hoping for an easy fix here...

My kid bought a New 3DS XL and of course upgraded to 11.3 right away. He bought a few games and has been playing it for a week or so. Well I decided to buy another unit and it had 11.2 so of course I found and followed 3ds.guide with no problems and got this one modded. I then did a system transfer from his unmodded to the newly modded so he could have his menus and saves and stuff and it told me I had to swap the SD card over too which I wasn't expecting. Of course now I don't have FBI, homebrew, and all those other goodies on the SD. Do I need to repeat the whole process from 3ds.guide or is there a way to just copy over some directories from the modded SD? I can't see needing to downgrade to 2.1.0 again in order to inject this stuff. Any explanation or help is much appreciated. I'm going to keep digging and getting up to speed but if there's a quick answer I'll take it...

2. Oleboy555

Oleboy555 Wie dit leest is een zemmel

Feb 8, 2017
    Netherlands
    Amsterdam
    Did you check the 3ds.guide troubleshoot page for possible answers?

3. ByDemonsBeDriven
    OP

ByDemonsBeDriven Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2017
    United States
    I did not. I get a little sidetracked because I tend to dig too deep. I got lost reading the explanations of the arm9 and arm11 chips and their roles. I will check it out. Thank You.

4. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    Since it's a hacked console you don't need to do it again. You haven't said you did anything stupid that would warrant it. Make sure you have arm9loaderhax.bin on the root.

You'll probably have to just reinject FBI. It's been a while since I did this kind of system transfer.

https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax Do starting Section V. What you want to do is reinject FBI, install FBI, reinject H&S app, a9lh.bin should be on CTRNAND already, and make a backup of NAND while you're at it too. When you do a system transfer homebrews and things you didn't actually buy doesn't transfer. Just copy luma and files9 folder or recreate them with the proper content if you haven't already.

5. ByDemonsBeDriven
    OP

ByDemonsBeDriven Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2017
    United States
    This is basically what I did with a few small deviations. Everything is cool except the constant homebrew launcher freezes on startup. No rhyme or reason to it. Only fully load maybe 40% of the time. Every other time I get stuck at the white screen which seems to be a common issue. Thanks for the help. More reading to do so I can get my backups running...

6. pixelmasher

pixelmasher Gaming Gamer

Dec 12, 2016
    United States
    Near N3DS
    Make sure you're using HBL v1.3. Also if you have Clock + L2 patch enabled, it'll screw with HBL on 11.3.0-36X. If you use HBL a lot, disable it. Most apps are available as CIA.

7. HyperT

HyperT GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2016
    The only thing you should need from the original sdcard should be the 'Nintendo 3DS' folder