Homebrew Restoring an old Wii without a NAND backup and having their original SD Card. (I have one available which wasn't used before on the wii)?

Santiagofamo18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Context: My brother hacked my Wii 12-13 years ago. Back then, I was a kid and I just had the orders by him to open "backup" games using USB Loader and nothing else. Time passes and we live far away from each other. He doesn't neither remember what tools he used and of course he didn't made a backup

Today I turned on the Wii and there are tools which IDK what they do apart from Homebrew Channel and USB Loader, since there is no preconfigured SD Card, they don't boot. Also, the menu has a black theme which personally I don't like so much. I think I prefer for me to have control of what I do with it from start. I would appreciate it

For reference, I don't know nothing about Wii hacking but I own a hacked Switch. On Switch there's a tool called Hakku33 that basically does a hard reset to the Switch and cleans the NAND. Also if there are similaties between Switch and Wii modding can work as help

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Context: My brother hacked my Wii 12-13 years ago. Back then, I was a kid and I just had the orders by him to open "backup" games using USB Loader and nothing else. Time passes and we live far away from each other. He doesn't neither remember what tools he used and of course he didn't made a backup

Today I turned on the Wii and there are tools which IDK what they do apart from Homebrew Channel and USB Loader, since there is no preconfigured SD Card, they don't boot. Also, the menu has a black theme which personally I don't like so much. I think I prefer for me to have control of what I do with it from start. I would appreciate it

For reference, I don't know nothing about Wii hacking but I own a hacked Switch. On Switch there's a tool called Hakku33 that basically does a hard reset to the Switch and cleans the NAND. Also if there are similaties between Switch and Wii modding can work as help
12-13 years ago?

Probably your bro hacked the Wii when Nintendo released the 4.3X update which was around mid 2010. Back then we didn't had cIOS d2X. So I assume you're still using HERMES and WANINKOKO's cIOS which are outdated. Those are not currently being installed in new hacking procedures, so... there's that.

So... aside of not having up to date cIOS, I don't think there should be a problem with your console.
You say that you don't have a NAND backup, which is something you can do as of now.

The Homebrew Channel and USB Loader not working might indicate a sav file corruption or something... really can't quite put my finger as why Homebrew Channel wouldn't launch.

But first, rehack your console using your preferred method, go here to follow a tutorial: https://wii.guide/hbc.html

Don't worry about rehacking your console. Just make sure you follow the steps correctly by using your preferred method.

Once you're done rehacking your Wii (installing Homebrew Channel, Priiloader and BootMii) you can then do a SysCheck and after that, post it here, although it's more than obvious that you need to update everything at this point.

About the Home Menu Black Theme, I used to install themes using Pimp-my-Wii, and never had issues with it. At this point, do not attempt to install/uninstall themes until you've done a NAND backup.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto