Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Intraframe

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, first time poster, I need some help with my hacked wii. I basically followed this tutorial from Microwave Sam
().

To summarize:
-My Wii is 4.3U
-Used the letterbomb hack to install homebrew channel, and I installed bootmii as IOS
-Installed a bunch of WADs from Microwave Sam's Hack Pack", using MultiMod Manager

Now, whenever I try to "Launch Bootmii" through the hombrew channel, it just opens up MultiMod Manager. I wanted to create a backup of my NAND, but for some reason I can never get into bootmii. Any idea what I did wrong? Is it possible to uninstall bootmii as IOS and re-install as boot2?

Any help is greatly appreicated. I am also having problems with my USB Loader GX, but I'll get into that later lol

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, first time poster, I need some help with my hacked wii. I basically followed this tutorial from Microwave Sam
().

To summarize:
-My Wii is 4.3U
-Used the letterbomb hack to install homebrew channel, and I installed bootmii as IOS
-Installed a bunch of WADs from Microwave Sam's Hack Pack", using MultiMod Manager

Now, whenever I try to "Launch Bootmii" through the hombrew channel, it just opens up MultiMod Manager. I wanted to create a backup of my NAND, but for some reason I can never get into bootmii. Any idea what I did wrong? Is it possible to uninstall bootmii as IOS and re-install as boot2?

Any help is greatly appreicated. I am also having problems with my USB Loader GX, but I'll get into that later lol

video guides become outdated pretty quick, just so you know. the one you are using right there is more than a year old. I recommend doing some searching through the forums. There is supposed to be a folder on the SD card labeled bootmii that should have the config settings in it. I find it installed as boot2 much more reliable especially if something like a brick happens. However, I am not too adept with the wii scene, so I recommend doing some searching here.

Intraframe

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
video guides become outdated pretty quick, just so you know. the one you are using right there is more than a year old. I recommend doing some searching through the forums. There is supposed to be a folder on the SD card labeled bootmii that should have the config settings in it. I find it installed as boot2 much more reliable especially if something like a brick happens. However, I am not too adept with the wii scene, so I recommend doing some searching here.

I realize the video is a year old, but it should still be valid. One year isn't really that long, if it worked then why would it not work now? Anyways, I launched hackmii from the hbc then went Bootmii -> Prepare SD card. Looks like it worked, I can get into bootmii now.

Now, can I install bootmii as boot2? Is it safe to have it installed both as IOS and as boot2? Or should I select "Uninstall as IOS" first.

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize the video is a year old, but it should still be valid. One year isn't really that long, if it worked then why would it not work now? Anyways, I launched hackmii from the hbc then went Bootmii -> Prepare SD card. Looks like it worked, I can get into bootmii now.

Now, can I install bootmii as boot2? Is it safe to have it installed both as IOS and as boot2? Or should I select "Uninstall as IOS" first.
I haven't gone there, sorry. I've only had it as one or the other, although boot2 seems to be more likely for brick protection (i don't know about if having it as an IOS would vouch for brick protection)

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If HackMii Installer says boot2 is available then use it. It requires a Wii from the first 2-3 shipments, though. The boot1 vulnerability that allowed it was fixed later on and cannot be bypassed.

SuperFamicomUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to sort this out for a few days and starting to now loose hope. I have managed to set-up WiiFlow for SNES9XGX with boxcovers and games that I own.

However if I try to use any of the other emulators. I get the pop-up 'I have not found any plugins' all my Plugins are saved to my SD card and are enabled in Wii Flow and I have selected the SD card as the partition. I use Wii Flow 4 The MasterPiece Pack by Abz. Nothing has been changed. I have also downloaded the plugins folder and copied it across to the same 'Plugin's location however this didn't resolve it.

I'm not sure if it helps but my Plugins are saved in SD:\WiiFlow\plugins I can see the config, dol, dat e.g. folders in there. I'm using Wii Flow MasterMod 4.2.3-RIO54.

Cheers,
Dave

SuperFamicomUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

I have been trying to sort this out for a few days and starting to now loose hope. I have managed to set-up WiiFlow for SNES9XGX with boxcovers and games that I own.

However if I try to use any of the other emulators. I get the pop-up 'I have not found any plugins' all my Plugins are saved to my SD card and are enabled in Wii Flow and I have selected the SD card as the partition. I use Wii Flow 4 The MasterPiece Pack by Abz. Nothing has been changed. I have also downloaded the plugins folder and copied it across to the same 'Plugin's location however this didn't resolve it.

I'm not sure if it helps but my Plugins are saved in SD:\WiiFlow\plugins I can see the config, dol, dat e.g. folders in there. I'm using Wii Flow MasterMod 4.2.3-RIO54.

Cheers,
Dave

Ok, I figured it out just posting for anyone else having the same issue. The 'I have not found any plugins' message doesn't actually always relate to the plugins. In my case the Plugin couldn't find the rom due it being the wrong extension. Using another extension sorted it cheers anyway. Now I just need to find how get the plugin to automatically be GenPlusGX as it automatically selects Sega Genesis.

SuperFamicomUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I figured it out just posting for anyone else having the same issue. The 'I have not found any plugins' message doesn't actually always relate to the plugins. In my case the Plugin couldn't find the rom due it being the wrong extension. Using another extension sorted it cheers anyway. Now I just need to find how get the plugin to automatically be GenPlusGX as it automatically selects Sega Genesis.

I have sorted this I have the files in the wrong directory for the auto plugin.

Austn8r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing but rage is all this and USB loader gx have been. upon clearing and reinstalling each they will load games the first time and then everything goes out the friggin window. I don't know anymore. Are there any nubbish mistakes that yall could list off the top of your head that I can test? (I'd say i'm far from nub or noob or even newb but i'm prone to making ridiculous mistakes. One being downloading the wrong version of a smash bros mod when i was really tired and I didn't pay attention to the fact that it was a dolphin version not wii... ahaha... some things should not be admitted...)

-Forgot to add I've installed d2x cios v8 (?) cant remember off the top of my head.
-I saw that cfg usbloader block IOS reload and then it'd freeze.
-I like to use nand emulation (what's difference between partial and full?) and set it to full.
-I've a proper backup of my nand in the nand folder on usb drive. Also plugged into proper port (closest to edge of wii)
-even tho i connected to the server only a few months ago the update server seems to be down (?) unsure again as i know i have relatively spotty connection in the room where i've the wii set up
-usb loader gx gives no output so idk why it freezes up but yea it does as well
-fat32 formatted 320GB drive, pulled from a laptop and put in some generic crap drive that my friend got for super cheap
-could the freezing be cuz of spindown? and how do i identify spindown?
-i have both wii games and gamecube games on this sucker and neither will boot (i cant get dios mios to work so i use nintendont)
-annoying quirk: gamecube games load and boot normally using nintendont as the loader (as in selecting it in the homebrew menu)
-losing my freaking mind
-that's all i can remember for now. (should i point out that i have 118 games, where there are more gamecube games than wii games, of course that'd make sense tho)

EDIT: found problem. My HDD is incompatible with Homebrew so I have to leave it unplugged until USBloaderGX or CFG USBloader launches and then plug it in
(I realized this when I attempted to launch Legacy XP - a project m modpack - and it blackscreened. The HDD was plugged in at that time. It didn't occur to me the next morning.)

Last edited by Austn8r,

Entonghibang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my older sister gave me her wii, I noticed that it was already softmodded but upon launching the homebrew channel it only gave me black screen,so I decided to re-softmod it, letterbomb method but It will also stucked me to scam warning , search the net and saw the casper method then I finally got to intall postloader but upon running games on usb loader gx it also gave me black screen on launch , managed install latest cios to latest v10 52 , slot 249 base 56, but still gave me black screen ? any help please ?my version 4.3u

TheKoji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendont can't find my games when I use a hard drive, when I use a flash drive is ok. On my hard drive I have more two partitions (wbfs partition and a ntfs partition for my standard files) the nintendont partition is FAT32 32KB formated and there is no one another FAT32 partition besides this.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont can't find my games when I use a hard drive, when I use a flash drive is ok. On my hard drive I have more two partitions (wbfs partition and a ntfs partition for my standard files) the nintendont partition is FAT32 32KB formated and there is no one another FAT32 partition besides this.

The FAT32 partition needs to be the first one on the drive. It's best to just use one FAT32, and WBFS is not really a good idea anymore. It's too easy to get corrupted and can't be read by any PC operating systems to fix it. Wii games that don't fit on FAT32 normally can be split if you use Wiimm's ISO Tools or Wii Backup Manager to copy them over and they work the same.

TheKoji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The FAT32 partition needs to be the first one on the drive. It's best to just use one FAT32, and WBFS is not really a good idea anymore. It's too easy to get corrupted and can't be read by any PC operating systems to fix it. Wii games that don't fit on FAT32 normally can be split if you use Wiimm's ISO Tools or Wii Backup Manager to copy them over and they work the same.

I did a single fat32 partition (primary and with 64KB cluster) but still not work. I guess it's because of my IOS58 because homebrew channel can't find apps directory too. When I use a 16GB kingston flashdrive it wotks fine...

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a single fat32 partition (primary and with 64KB cluster) but still not work. I guess it's because of my IOS58 because homebrew channel can't find apps directory too. When I use a 16GB kingston flashdrive it wotks fine...

Nintendont definitely requires IOS58. HBC also requires the FAT32 partition be the first one on the drive and be a primary partition.

TheKoji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendont definitely requires IOS58. HBC also requires the FAT32 partition be the first one on the drive and be a primary partition.
I have IOS58 and when I use a flash drive works fine(on nintendont and homebrew channel), maybe some problem on IOS58 or my hard drive is not compatible...

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also use EaseUS Partition Master and make sure there are no hidden/unallocated/small ASTERISK partitions on the drive, I've had it happen and cause problems in the past.

If there are just merge it into the main partition. See attached picture of my drive C that had a small unused ASTERISK partition on it. When I was using my Wii drives I also had this and had to merge it.

2.jpg

Here's a link to the Free version if you don't already have it:
https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html

Last edited by ca032769,

TheKoji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Also use EaseUS Partition Master and make sure there are no hidden/unallocated/small ASTERISK partitions on the drive, I've had it happen and cause problems in the past.

If there are just merge it into the main partition. See attached picture of my drive C that had a small unused ASTERISK partition on it. When I was using my Wii drives I also had this and had to merge it.

View attachment 68484

Here's a link to the Free version if you don't already have it:
https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html
there isn't. My partition was just like yours (I did a second ntfs one because I had gave up) I still don't know what could it be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo