Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Yes you can still backup your nand , almost all bricks are repairable , some with a softmod some with reflashing the nand , but it is fair to say that if your read the guide modmii generates for you and follow it to the letter then youll be safe , its only deviating from the guide and messing with things you dont understand will cause you a brick . You will have priiloader also , which allows you another level of protection.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info, i'll remember not to tinker too much so i wont have any problems. btw, what is better? wiiflow or cfg? i watched a video installing wiiflow, and i think i need a hdd which has a filesystem: NTFS so i can play backup games(wbfs) and i think for the SD card it has to be in FAT32 if im not mistaken. Well, is it the same thing in CFG? i want to use CFG cause according to modmii skin, it is the one labeled as recommended, i dont know why but its better to go with the suggestion.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the info, i'll remember not to tinker too much so i wont have any problems. btw, what is better? wiiflow or cfg? i watched a video installing wiiflow, and i think i need a hdd which has a filesystem: NTFS so i can play backup games(wbfs) and i think for the SD card it has to be in FAT32 if im not mistaken. Well, is it the same thing in CFG? i want to use CFG cause according to modmii skin, it is the one labeled as recommended, i dont know why but its better to go with the suggestion.
Actually, both of those can do a lot more file systems than that.

Here's a good side by side comparison of the ones currently updated.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-loaders-comparisons-chart.333364/

MajorFoley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok so just drag n drop the .csv file onto modmii classic and it will take care of the cios for you as for the syscheck forwarder you can use modmii to make one in the advanced menu
what do you mean drag drop csv on modmiiclassic (or boot mii whatever it is) is it done on wii or PC? is there a guide with steps?

capojared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got help here once and it was quick and friendly so I just wanted to say thank you before hand again lol. So I'm messing around devolution and keep running into problems. I have a physical copy of animal crossing that loads just fine in the disk channel and has never froze on me before, but whenever I try too dump it with cleanrip it freezes at percent. So I was wondering if there was any way to use the features of devolution but just using the disk. Or if not if anyone could help me get cleanrip to work?

gingeronastick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I was a lurker here a number of years ago. I figured it was easier to ask here rather than make a new topic.

I previously hacked and downgraded my Wii two years ago to play burned games mainly because money was tight, but I later reupdated. I am now at the current version. Is there a way to downgrade the Wii to play backups, and if so, what is the best version to downgrade to? Is downgrading even necessary? I've been out of the scene for quite sometime and I apologize for asking so many questions.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I was a lurker here a number of years ago. I figured it was easier to ask here rather than make a new topic.

I previously hacked and downgraded my Wii two years ago to play burned games mainly because money was tight, but I later reupdated. I am now at the current version. Is there a way to downgrade the Wii to play backups, and if so, what is the best version to downgrade to? Is downgrading even necessary? I've been out of the scene for quite sometime and I apologize for asking so many questions.

Downgrading isn't necessary and could be brick your wii if your not careful.

Look into getting the modmii program for your pc and install it and then follow the guide on there to set everything up for you.
It will ask you certain questions about your wii and then will give you a custom guide to hack it along with all the files you need so you can play backups again.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
So I got help here once and it was quick and friendly so I just wanted to say thank you before hand again lol. So I'm messing around devolution and keep running into problems. I have a physical copy of animal crossing that loads just fine in the disk channel and has never froze on me before, but whenever I try too dump it with cleanrip it freezes at percent. So I was wondering if there was any way to use the features of devolution but just using the disk. Or if not if anyone could help me get cleanrip to work?

you could get one of the usbloader programs to rip the game for you gx configurable or wiiflow or i think you could use neogamma beta 56 to run the real disc

gingeronastick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrading isn't necessary and could be brick your wii if your not careful.

Look into getting the modmii program for your pc and install it and then follow the guide on there to set everything up for you.
It will ask you certain questions about your wii and then will give you a custom guide to hack it along with all the files you need so you can play backups again.

First of all, thank you. Holy hell things have gotten easier since I first started on the scene.
Secondly, when I run NeoGamma, it gives me a disc read error. It reads the game just fine (when I eject the disc, it reads "please re-insert the [game] disc") but the disc doesn't read. Is this a problem with my cIOS, the disc (I tried multiple games) or the Wii itself?

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
probably is if you didnt use modmii to update your wii just use the wizard in modmii and tell it your wii is virgin it will ask you questions and then download all th files you need and make you a custom guide to follow the recommended cios now is d2x base 56 for 249 and d2x base 57 for 250

DevilKIN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I was given a wii mini by a friend.
So far I have no games or anything for it.

I heard I can run homebrew on the wii but I have no clue where to start.

:edit

Been reading alot of guides and topics.. but i'm utterly stumped..

DevilKIN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All the existing Wii softmods start from the SD card slot, which the Mini lacks.

Also very few, if any, people care about hacking it since the original-style Wiis are in like a 1000:1 ratio anyways.

Truly sad news.
I'm pretty sure Nintendo has some way in and i'm hopeful someone will find it.
Utterly confused as to why even GC games are not supported.

I heard thru the grapevine that Nintendo is on a mission to drop it's prices and better their selection of game stock.
Here in South Africa prices have dropped heavily for the consoles but games are becoming hard to find.

I really just want it to complete my collection of metriod.
http://mygaming.co.za/news/wii/5457...ping-nintendo-distribution-license-in-sa.html

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question time

Is there a USB Loader with the option to launch games and show you that splash screen that the "Disk Channel" shows you?

Example.
~
USB Loader GX can do this, and it has a channel-style view too.

Truly sad news.
I'm pretty sure Nintendo has some way in and i'm hopeful someone will find it.
It's doubtful, the drive to do it is just not there. The mini doesn't even have Wifi, it's a gimped version of the console.

Utterly confused as to why even GC games are not supported.
Because that's extra money it'd cost, while the mini is supposed to be the cheapest one. If it had all the features of the full version, it wouldn't be cheaper.

Reactions: BortzANATOR

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol