Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
So, I have some "pirated" WiiWare channels that I've installed to Wii NAND through WAD Manager, and I've transferred them to the SD card through the Wii's data management menu, any way to directly extract the WAD from the SD Card without copying them back to Wii NAND again?
Nope.
Ninty's too good about protecting files it puts on your SD card. I don't think there's any homebrew that can really access them.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nobody messed up with the SD card encryption, that's all. It's using the individual key to encrypt/decrypt it.
Just put it back on real NAND, use BlueDump to create a Wad from it (faster) or make a new NAND dump (slower) and use a NAND/wad manager to put it back to EmuNAND.

By Custom stuff, I suppose you are talking about the mods created for Riivolution.
If the modification are only swapped files, instead of using Riivolution to replace them in real time, you will have to edit your ISO to replace the files permanently.
If it's memory patching, it's harder and if you don't know how to do it I guess the easier solution is to find someone who already made a patch with a gameconfig.txt file, or learn more about it.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody messed up with the SD card encryption, that's all. It's using the individual key to encrypt/decrypt it.
Just put it back on real NAND, use BlueDump to create a Wad from it (faster) or make a new NAND dump (slower) and use a NAND/wad manager to put it back to EmuNAND.

By Custom stuff, I suppose you are talking about the mods created for Riivolution.
If the modification are only swapped files, instead of using Riivolution to replace them in real time, you will have to edit your ISO to replace the files permanently.
If it's memory patching, it's harder and if you don't know how to do it I guess the easier solution is to find someone who already made a patch with a gameconfig.txt file, or learn more about it.

Interesting, so it's a lot more complex than Brawl. I'll just use the game. No biggie.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You mean Brawl+ for loading files from SD?
Brawl use a modified version of the internal game function developed by Nintendo to read/write screenshot to redirect any files.
Other games don't have any read/write function to access the SD card natively, so you need to replace the files manually in the ISO if you don't use Riivolution.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean Brawl+ for loading files from SD?
Brawl use a modified version of the internal game function developed by Nintendo to read/write screenshot to redirect any files.
Other games don't have any read/write function to access the SD card natively, so you need to replace the files manually in the ISO if you don't use Riivolution.

I'm just gonna use Riivolution and the disc, can't be that hard can it?

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada

In that case, it'd probably be faster to just re-download the wads.

CapnJimby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* I guess I have to stop being a lurker for my questions.

I decided to set up my Wii using USB Loader GX with the latest d2x betas for my Wii games, DIOS MIOS for my GC, and (the thing I'm very new to understanding) an emuNAND on my SD card, built by ModMii after creating a sneek+di setup.

My initial idea, since I don't much understand the whole emulated nand / sneek thing, was that I wanted to run my entire setup off a sneek installation. This did not end up letting me run near anything. Since then, I've given up this idea and just want all my VC/WiiWare and forwarders installed to my emulated nand (while running off the internal nand anyway), to be launched via USB Loader. I have everything displaying correctly after setting nand emulation to partial and changing the nand path in the menu, and I got VC games working, but forwarders don't even try and just crash the system.

Any help for my noobishness?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The forwarders are located on Real or EmuNAND?
They forwarder to what?

If they are located on the Emulated NAND and are forwarding to homebrew located on SD or USB, I guess that's why it's not working.
The Emulated NAND works by redirecting the NAND access to the device where your emulated NAND is located.
For example, if you have your /nand/ path on SD, then the Wii think the SD card is the internal memory of the Wii. You can't access other data on the SD card.
So, if your forwarder try to access the SD card, it's inexistent and unmounted for the current setup (the Wii think the SD is the real memory, not an SD slot)

If you want to launch something located on your SD or USB (homebrew?), you can install the forwarders on your Real NAND, and choose to display "Channels on Wii" too.

NAND Emulation has two settings in USBLoaderGX:
Save (for the Wii game saves) and Channels (for installed channels on EmuNAND).
They can share the same path without problem, but there are two settings for more user's control.

NAND Emulation (Saves): It's for Wii games and Channels on Real NAND.
Disabled: All is loaded from the Real Wii's NAND.
Partial: Save/load Wii savegames from the Emulated NAND path, but still use the config, Mii, channel data, from the Real NAND.
Full: Everything is read/written from the Emulated NAND Path (Wiimote setting, Internet config, Mii, etc.)

NAND Emulation (Channel): It's for Channels on EmuNAND only.
Partial: (sorry, never tested it yet).
Full: default setting. You should use this one for channels installed on EmuNAND, as it requires to access data located in different folders from the EmuNAND, not only the save folder.
There's no "disabled" as this is a setting for the channels located on emulated NAND, it's not using real NAND.

Partial redirects only the /title/ folder (where the savegames are located)
Full redirects all paths.

CapnJimby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iiiiinteresting. I guess I'm just too inexperienced with emulating NAND. Each of my installed forwarders should be forwarding to my USB drive to various apps, though it's possible they may be checking for an SD card first. I'm not sure I understand why a forwarder stored in emulated NAND can't simply redirect to the USB drive as one stored in the real NAND.

My ideal setup was essentially going to be having whatever I would normally have in my real NAND, and then USB Loader would basically be backup loading and app forwarder central.

Dr4c0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I left the wii about a year ago. I am now coming back and bought a new wii. What has changed? any new developments (I am sure there are)? I use to use an external hdd with games on that. Still doable on newer wii's? Any problems with the red wii?
Developments I wouldn't even know where to start. Wii homebrew has made leaps and bounds.
Developments as far as Wii hardware, not sure how long ago you actually BOUGHT your first Wii but a REALLY new Wii (the ones that lay flat and don't come with a stand) don't have GameCube ports (a red one, though, should be old enough) and fairly new ones (this includes anything that's not white and ... mostly anything that comes with motion+) can't read DVD-R disks but the HDD option is still fine.
Okay some shit is going down with my wii (I haven't been here in forever, sup GBAtemp?)

So I have HBC installed basically for Project M (which I run though Gecko), mplayer, and wadmanager.

I wanted to install the netflix channel, and whenever I do so, wadmanager freezes on a certain part every time (if you need to know which part specifically I can check).
So this is problem number 1.

I was considering removing all traces of HBC and stuff from my wii and doing the official update so I can install netflix from the wii shop channel like a normal person (i'm okay not having a modded Wii anymore, especially since there is a HBC-free version of Project M), but my Wii freezes whenever I go to the channel management screen. It doesn't necessarily freeze, but no channels load, and I can't go back. I can use the curser, but I have to manually restart my wii to get out of the screen.

Any suggestions? Part of me thinks that my wii is fucked (especially because I don't have Bootmii installed) but I thought that I would come here just to make sure.

Thanks!
SUP
Anyway, I would not really recommend upgrading officially, causes too many problems. Also, wouldn't recommend manually REMOVING any softmod stuff. Also likely to cause problems.
BUT
The easiest way to get stuff from the shop channel is to JUST upgrade the shop channel (I actually have 4.2U installed but I installed the 4.3U shop channel and it works fine.)
You can get that from DOP-Mii or just get the WAD to install it from ModMii for Windows. While you're at it you can also install give it your syscheck log and have it download everything you need to upgrade the parts you really need AND create a guide to tell you how to do it, thus getting all the benefits of 4.3 without the problems.
Sounds awesome. So what kind of leaps and bounds in homebrew? any ones I should go find and try out? I love messing with homebrew and playing with the different tools and games. Should I just check on the homebrew browser? or anything specific?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ok I am a noob to this. If I want to mod my wii to play back up .wad games what do I have to do? I want to play them off an sd card.
ModMii for Window's the best for that. It'll download everything you need and tell you how to use it.
It can help you hack your wii from scratch
AND
install a USB Loader (I'd suggest WiiFlow) or SNEEK to be able to play those games from the SD card

inni786

Trophies
XP
Country
Evening all,

Been away from the wii mod scene for a long time and needed to sort out my wii.
Saw this great util - Modwii so thought best to use this.
My wii was already hacked on 4.1e and I had usb loader v70 already installed.
Prior to doing all this my usb loader - usb loader config was giving me problems where it would just freeze on the splash screen where it shows the version no etc so thought ill just re hack the wii and do that option.
I went through modwii and used the very first option (modwii wiz and chose basically to do re hack your wii.
I chose usb loader in the option as well along with wiiflow.
All went through fine but here is the problem - Im back to sqaure one where I just cant get usb loader or even wiiflow to work, they just freeze on the splash screen.
I dont think its the HDD I use as this worked fine before and was able to load games fine a while ago until recently where I just get the freezes.
Any ideas whats going on and how I can get these loaders to work?
oh yeah, I did unplug the usb drive and usb loader config opened up fine and started looking for the drive - I plugged it in, found it and then just hung again - could it be the HDD?
Any help will be appreciated - sorry for the long post just trying to give as much info as I can
If you need the syscheck file its below -

sysCheck v2.1.0b18 by Double_A and R2-D2199
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.1E (v450)

Drive date: 2007.02.13
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS58
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 110366058
Boot2 v3
Found 109 titles.
Found 53 IOS on this console. 4 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug NAND Access
IOS202[60] (rev 65535 Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 4 Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS223[38+37] (rev 4 Info: hermes-v4): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535 Info: hermesrodries-v6): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS236[36] (rev 65535 Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS245[37] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS246[38] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS247[53] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS248[55] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS249[56] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS251[58] (rev 21008 Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v5
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2013/10/13.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Evening all,

Been away from the wii mod scene for a long time and needed to sort out my wii.
Saw this great util - Modwii so thought best to use this.
My wii was already hacked on 4.1e and I had usb loader v70 already installed.
Prior to doing all this my usb loader - usb loader config was giving me problems where it would just freeze on the splash screen where it shows the version no etc so thought ill just re hack the wii and do that option.
I went through modwii and used the very first option (modwii wiz and chose basically to do re hack your wii.
I chose usb loader in the option as well along with wiiflow.
All went through fine but here is the problem - Im back to sqaure one where I just cant get usb loader or even wiiflow to work, they just freeze on the splash screen.
I dont think its the HDD I use as this worked fine before and was able to load games fine a while ago until recently where I just get the freezes.
Any ideas whats going on and how I can get these loaders to work?
oh yeah, I did unplug the usb drive and usb loader config opened up fine and started looking for the drive - I plugged it in, found it and then just hung again - could it be the HDD?
Any help will be appreciated - sorry for the long post just trying to give as much info as I can
Sounds like a problem with the hard drive (or a maybe a game on the hard drive). Your syscheck looks fine. Do you have another hard drive (or even a USB flash drive) to test? Have you changed or added any files on the hard drive since when it was working properly? Added any new games or anything?
And, just to let you know, it's ModMii, not modwii. Also, your wii is a year ahead. Just thought you should know.

BTW guys, have I missed anything new or exciting in the year or so that I have been away from the Wii scene?

inni786

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply.
Yes it seems like it is the HDD, tried another HDD and it went into the loader no problem - havent put any games on it yet but it read the drive fine.
Shouldve been able to tell it was the HDD tbh, everytime I plugged it into the laptop I could hear a strange noise when it tried to recognise it.
Appreciate the reply:)

alirezay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant install apps from hombrew channel.....when i put a app to apps folder i can see it from hombrew channel but without picture and when i run them my wii freezes on a black screen.heeeeeeeeeelp

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i cant install apps from hombrew channel.....when i put a app to apps folder i can see it from hombrew channel but without picture and when i run them my wii freezes on a black screen.heeeeeeeeeelp
What app are you trying to run? Could you post a syscheck? (Although that may be difficult if you can't get the syscheck app to run)

alirezay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What app are you trying to run? Could you post a syscheck? (Although that may be difficult if you can't get the syscheck app to run)

I cant........I wanted to install priiloader cause my wii is black and I cant install bootmii as boot2

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cant........I wanted to install priiloader cause my wii is black and I cant install bootmii as boot2
Have you tried other apps, do they act the same way? Try the syscheck app, download the zip, and copy the apps folder to the root of your sd card. If it asks to merge or overwrite, choose yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They should've just made it a movie at 50 minutes
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    No from Paramount Plus or whatever it is
    +1
    Psi now has access to every streaming and cable channel out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eh I'd rather just download and delete is it already up on paramount?
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn