keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wode and homebrew support.

Is there a setup I can use to have wode and a homebrew usb loader share a backup directory on a Fat32 Usb HD.

Problem I am running into is the WODE looks at /ISO and CFG Loader looks at /WBFS. It looks like I can't change either to look in the other directory. Solution?

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
keine said:
Problem I am running into is the WODE looks at /ISO and CFG Loader looks at /WBFS. It looks like I can't change either to look in the other directory. Solution?
thoughts (in order of desperation):
wode is linux -> try making /iso a symlink to /wbfs

both support ext2/3/4 -> switch to that and make all files hardlinks
cfg's ext is readonly though

both support ntfs -> maybe one use junction points
thin time wode's ntfs is readonly iirc

look for their souce, change and recompile

... whatever else coz the last one is a real nasty

make the fat32 directory entry of both dirs point to the same address
and do NOT run any filesystem checkers

if you get stuck on one after researching them just ask me for help

bad_freddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi all,

I have a 4.2E Wii that I softmodded about 2 years ago when I bought it and everything works fine with games etc.
After a long time of not using it (must be over a year) I am looking forward to use it again but I'd like to know what's the (simplest) way to "update" any files needed in order to play the latest games like DK or anything else and where to find them.
I am quite noob at this so I'd really like a noob-friendly / step by step guide or instructions to keep my wii updated.
Thanks in advance

bad_freddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
zizer said:
update usb-loader and install cios d2x base 56
use modmii
So with a quick search I did in here,
Using modmii I have to download usb-loader files (full v249 CFG loader) and Waninkoko 249dx56 & 250dx56 files? Just these two or all of them?
Another question, modmii is used just to download the files or it is used to install them too?

bad_freddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
zizer said:
Download cios d2x base 56 and install in slot 249 (not waninko)

for install use MMM or wadmanager
Sorry for the so many noobish questions I just want to be sure about what to do.
So in other words shall I just follow the instructions in the topic of "cIOSX rev21d2x" and install through MMM as it says and I'll be updated?
As I said my Wii is working fine I just want to update it. Will this procedure going to erase any data, savegames or anything?
Thanks once again

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bad_freddy said:
So in other words shall I just follow the instructions in the topic of "cIOSX rev21d2x" and install through MMM as it says and I'll be updated?

update=re-install
you have old version cios in slot 249
now you rewrite new version

QUOTE(bad_freddy @ Sep 17 2011, 04:58 PM) Will this procedure going to erase any data, savegames or anything?

no

bad_freddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
zizer said:
bad_freddy said:

update=re-install
you have old version cios in slot 249
now you rewrite new version

QUOTE(bad_freddy @ Sep 17 2011, 04:58 PM) Will this procedure going to erase any data, savegames or anything?

no
Last question, I promise!
I don't have to download/install the rest d2x cios that appear in modmii list? Only "cIOS249[56]-d2x-v6" and install?

WalkerD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Alright guys, it's been a while since I've done anything to my Wii, or kept up with the scene at all. So I've got a multitude of questions that I hope you can answer.

1. I see that a modified version of preloader, called "priiloader", is all the rage now. I'm currently on preloader v0.29, how easy would the upgrade process be? Could someone give me a quick rundown of what needs to be done to get this up to date? I intend to install postloader after I get my preloader all sorted out.

2. As far as backup running goes, what has changed in the past year or so? I believe my wii is on system menu 4.0u, so if say I wanted to play Skyward Sword when it came out, am I still aptly prepared?

Thanks in advance guys. Good to see there's still an alright helpful community here.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok unless I am noob, I used ModMii to grab a copy of the ios70 wad and installed that, made no different. My Wii system menu still freezes after no more than 2 seconds and puts out an annoying *buzzzzzzzz* sound.

Sys check can be found in my previous post, here

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
Ok unless I am noob, I used ModMii to grab a copy of the ios70 wad and installed that, made no different. My Wii system menu still freezes after no more than 2 seconds and puts out an annoying *buzzzzzzzz* sound.

Is Priiloader set to autoboot into the System Menu? What hacks do you have enabled?

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
DaFees said:

Is Priiloader set to autoboot into the System Menu? What hacks do you have enabled?

Priiloader is currently set to autoboot postloader 2, which if I don't interact with that, that then autoboots CFG. As for hacks enabled I have: Block Disc Updates, Region Free Wii Discs, No Copy Protected saves, Region Free Channels, Auto Press A, Block Online Updates.. Maybe I needn't all those on? I turned the region free stuff on because I know that within CFG I've played a couple PAL discs on my NTSC-U Wii so it seemed like something I might want on, perhaps I'm wrong.

EDIT - Seems disabling the region free hacks solved my problem.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
JoostinOnline said:
DaFees said:

Priiloader is currently set to autoboot postloader 2, which if I don't interact with that, that then autoboots CFG. As for hacks enabled I have: Block Disc Updates, Region Free Wii Discs, No Copy Protected saves, Region Free Channels, Auto Press A, Block Online Updates.. Maybe I needn't all those on? I turned the region free stuff on because I know that within CFG I've played a couple PAL discs on my NTSC-U Wii so it seemed like something I might want on, perhaps I'm wrong.

EDIT - Seems disabling the region free hacks solved my problem.
Those region free hacks aren't very stable. I also suggest you disable No Copy Protected Saves, since it's useless. It only allows you to copy from the Wii to the SD card, but not back to the Wii. Use Savegame Manager GX for saves.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Those region free hacks aren't very stable. I also suggest you disable No Copy Protected Saves, since it's useless. It only allows you to copy from the Wii to the SD card, but not back to the Wii. Use Savegame Manager GX for saves.

Good to know, I will disable that one as well. Thank you for the help.

felix123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have a Wii that I haven't touched in a while. It is hard modded with Wiikey. I already have the Homebrew Channel installed. Is there anything I should know before I upgrade it to System Menu 4.3?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: