Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
JoostinOnline said:
Spongeroberto said:
Having a (softmodded) PAL wii, is it safe to make a backup of an NTSC version of a game? I know it will work, but I'm worried that maybe the game speed will be a bit wrong (framerate?)

Of some games, however, buying an NTSC version online is cheaper... so yea I'm curious if there is any downside.
As long as you force the video to whatever your TV is, it should be fine.

Just to add: Lcd and plasma panels generally have NO trouble displaying, different signals.
Natively they are Progressive. Most games Ntsc or PAL can be displayed in P.
( you'll have to have component for it to work.) They give a better picture.

Progressive scan in NTSC or PAL is the same.
Framerate isseus are a thing from the past.
Without having to go in detail, it has something to do with your country's current frequency and the Components in OLDER TV's.

whiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another question... the USB Loader forwarder channel on my System Menu. I opted not to install the USB Loader (since I don't really intend to use one), so what does it do now? I know it's good to have one in case you need to boot something else, but I have a couple of other channels instead (Riivolution, WiiMC), so can I uninstall the USB Loader one? If I start it now, does it do anything, since it won't find any "usbloader" (or whatever sub-folders it looks for) on my SD card...

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
whiz said:
Another question... the USB Loader forwarder channel on my System Menu. I opted not to install the USB Loader (since I don't really intend to use one), so what does it do now? I know it's good to have one in case you need to boot something else, but I have a couple of other channels instead (Riivolution, WiiMC), so can I uninstall the USB Loader one? If I start it now, does it do anything, since it won't find any "usbloader" (or whatever sub-folders it looks for) on my SD card...
You can uninstall it, just make sure you use a wad manager (and the original wad of course) to do so. Deleting the channel from Data Management could potentially lead to some problems.

If you were to launch it now, you would get and error and/or it would return the the System Menu.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Hielkenator said:
Just to add: Lcd and plasma panels generally have NO trouble displaying, different signals.

Without having to go in detail, it has something to do with your country's current frequency and the Components in OLDER TV's.
My lcd tv is very recent... so it should be safe, then? Even without setting the display method? Great!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Spongeroberto said:
Hielkenator said:

My lcd tv is very recent... so it should be safe, then? Even without setting the display method? Great!

Yep, but some games need to be setup right to work with the region your Wii is from.
Your tv should'nt give you any problems.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I have a question. I made a wad with wadder, (Packed the .dol files, from Buzbee's AR 1.14 Loader) and when I try to install it I get ERROR (ret = -1029) I tried googling this number with no results. I am using Wad Manager 1.4 is that makes any difference.
Note : When 1.4 tells me to select IOS I just leave it at 249.

EDIT : Another question, what is Sneek/Uneek?

Mainly I want to know what Sneek is. Thanks
smile.gif

EDIT2 : When I try to launch Bootmii It loads Multimod Manager... What's wrong? I remember this was part of the install but I forget how to remove it... Any ideas?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
jonthedit said:
I have a question. I made a wad with wadder, (Packed the .dol files, from Buzbee's AR 1.14 Loader) and when I try to install it I get ERROR (ret = -1029) I tried googling this number with no results. I am using Wad Manager 1.4 is that makes any difference.
Note : When 1.4 tells me to select IOS I just leave it at 249.

EDIT : Another question, what is Sneek/Uneek?

Mainly I want to know what Sneek is. Thanks
smile.gif

EDIT2 : When I try to launch Bootmii It loads Multimod Manager... What's wrong? I remember this was part of the install but I forget how to remove it... Any ideas?
You are most likely getting the error because 249 doesn't have the needed patches. You could try different cIOS's until one works, but MMM launching through bootmii is actually a solution.

When you load bootmii, it's launching MMM through cboot2. With it you can install the wad you made. Just load it up, go to Wad Manager, and select the wad file to install it.

When you are done, delete the bootmii folder in your SD card, download the hackmii installer, put the boot.elf file in "SD:\apps\hackmii\", and run the installer from the HBC. Just reinstall bootmii.

SNEEK/UNEEK allows you to emulate the Wii's NAND on an SD card or USB drive.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Jquiizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Jquiizzy said:
i have used this guide http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...ny-4-2-wii.html i have gottem to step three and i am getting a problem when i try to do "Restoring The Bug Into IOS36" i keep getting a ticketed 2011 error...what is going onnnn please help me
hate2.gif
Don't post the same question twice. You were given an answer in the thread you made earlier. Besides, if you have a problem with a wiihacks guide, ask for help at wiihacks, not here.
A. i was clueless coming into this and just googled it, wiihacks happen to come up, it is in no way my prefrance nor did i realize they had a forum.i came here a realized that the knowledge was suppierior a figured to ask my question, and give a source so the peple helping would know what i was doing(because i don't quite)
B. I understand to reinstall and use the modmii, i just asked if anyone knew the exact reason this was happening, not trying to step on anyones toes or be a bother, and appologies if i did/am

Mnazzama

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone. My girlfriend just got a secondhand wii that was chipped. Not knowing anything about wiis hacked or otherwise we updated the firmware last nite and now it won't play any games. I think the chip was for pirated games but we only have legit ones but none work since the update. It just says unable to load disc when we click the disk channel. No idea what chip is on it. Any idea of what's gone wrong or how to fix it?

Mnazzama

Trophies
XP
Country
Either way I can apparently get it fixed At the Market for under $50 I'd just rather attempt to do it for free and at the same time learn a little bit about hacking somit other than mobile phones lol

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lol 50$ to get a chip removed?

simply find someone to swap wii or drive with
some ppl seek drives that can read burned media
maybe make some bucks along with it

harry_merkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have a bit of an issue. I softmodded my brother's Wii about a year ago, but did something wrong. I don't remember what it is, because I just gave up. I have a few questions. How hard is it to get it back to a virgin state? Is it only possible with a NAND backup?

It isn't bricked or anything, it functions just fine. I just fucked up somewhere in the modding process, and there's no way I can remember all the modifications I did to it in the process. If I try to mod it now, will the changes I made before cause it to brick?

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
harry_merkin said:
So, I have a bit of an issue. I softmodded my brother's Wii about a year ago, but did something wrong. I don't remember what it is, because I just gave up. I have a few questions. How hard is it to get it back to a virgin state? Is it only possible with a NAND backup?

It isn't bricked or anything, it functions just fine. I just fucked up somewhere in the modding process, and there's no way I can remember all the modifications I did to it in the process. If I try to mod it now, will the changes I made before cause it to brick?

If you use modmii you can go through the wizard for a virgin wii and you'll 're-mod' your Wii, overwriting all (relevant) previous modifications. If you did weird stuff the first time modding you could have some mods in weird slots but you say it functions just fine so you can pretty much ignore those.

So, modmii wizard, tell it your wii is a virgin and you'll be up and running in no time.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Something bad happened to my Wii...
I don't really know what caused it, and I don't know how long its been there... But whenever I press minus/plus on a channel to switch channels, It gets the "System Menu Files Are Corrupt" I am currently on ModMii's Dark Red Wii Theme 4.3U. (I am on 4.3U) What should I do?

What I think caused this : I recently used cIOSX_rev20b_Installer.dol as an app. It installed fine and I was once again able to play my Black Ops Backup with Cheats (NeoGamma is the only USB Loader that I've found that can change Hook types)

Any ideas? was it the cIOSX?
---------------------------------------------

Question 2 : During the modding process, I did "prepare an SD card" like it told me to, but I never actually clicked "Install Bootmii as IOS" Is that okay? When I goto priiloader and click Launch Bootmii I get an error... Slightly worried if my Wii ever bricks. :x

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not the cIOS...it's a known problem...my MPlayer Forwarder channel does this too if i +/- my way there in full channel view mode.... i think it's caused by channel size (or complexity: multiple animations happening at once); if the size is big (or is complex), it takes longer to load than the wii allows for and gives the corrupt massage....

most people just don't go from channel to channel on the full screen...

hope this helps...

EDIT: Question 2: bootmii/IOS is automatically installed when using hackmii installer v0.7 and up. also, if you're using priiloader v0.4, the launch bootmii doesn't work because it's coded for HBC 1.0.6 (which uses a different title id)...to solve this, either use launch title ID and choose HBC, or install a later version of priiloader (v0.5 or later)--but make sure you are connected to the internet, or you risk brick due to the HBC initialization bug....(this bug is why Modmii still uses priiloader v0.4, which is stable)

leoszt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUESTION:

Can I download IOS58 using modmii and then install it safely using MMM on a 4.2 wii?

I mean, it is a 4.3 IOS after all eh?

leoszt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hmm ok

DUMB QUESTION:

never got it... what in fact is a stub? english is not my native language, maybe thats why i dont get it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: