Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I finally have MPT on disc, but I already started a game. Which is on VETERAN now, because of USB loading. But I would like to play further on NORMAL, which is possible because of the disc.
But, my savegame is already on VETERAN, can I hack my savegame to put my Metroid Prime 1 game on NORMAL?

D

Deleted-220713

just wanna know if the PSP can play UMD GAMES online via wi-fi with a WPA encripted router.
i know the ds/dsi can't and 3DS can.
just want to play with some friends over the internet.
thanks in advance for replies.

Posts merged

just wanna know if the PSP can play UMD GAMES online via wi-fi with a WPA encripted router.
i know the ds/dsi can't and 3DS can.
just want to play with some friends over the internet.
thanks in advance for replies.

r3lay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
d3monsting said:
Would one need to UNINSTALL priiloader v0.4 if they wanted to install the BETA afterwords? Or do you not have to uninstall priiloader first?

I have a problem, but perhaps an answer to this question might answer mine. I just updated HBC to 1.07 today and I was looking to upgrade priiloader from v4 to the latest beta so that I could once again get to HBC from the priiloader menu, but whenever I try to install the latest priiloader beta it gives me some error about ES_Diversify and that it might be risky to continue with installation. If somebody could help me out that would be good.

I had the same issue, so i loaded ios36 using multi-mod-manager 13.2 and then launched priiloader from the mmm app manager and voila, it installed ok.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
New Wii with Wii Sports, 4.2E. Got a 2 GB SD card.
Tell me what to do so I can softmod it, then recommend a way to play backups from either a USB flash memory or an external HDD (possibly without formatting the HDD, I have plenty of things in there).
I'm also wondering if there's anything special about burning backups to a DVD.

Deathmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Riley said:
There is no reason to update since there is NO NEW FEATURES. You also wont be able to use bannerbomb anymore which means you will need to buy SSBB or indiana jones if you decide to mod your wii again. You dont need to remove anything just press Wii System Update. The update will remove HBC.
yh I don't care much about the hacking scene Unless there's a homebrew that can do away with the pesky update notifications when I buy a brand new game, then I'm happy to keep it.

MLRX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deathmore said:
Riley said:
There is no reason to update since there is NO NEW FEATURES. You also wont be able to use bannerbomb anymore which means you will need to buy SSBB or indiana jones if you decide to mod your wii again. You dont need to remove anything just press Wii System Update. The update will remove HBC.
yh I don't care much about the hacking scene Unless there's a homebrew that can do away with the pesky update notifications when I buy a brand new game, then I'm happy to keep it.
its called priiloader. use the hack to block updates from discs

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to softmod a used wii I bought but I am having trouble following and making sense of the tutorials. I installed the homebrew channel and BootMii (to boot2 and IOS) without any trouble, and then I made a nand backup.

Next I tried to install cIOScorp. But, since I hadn't installed cIOS yet, it wouldn't install. It was stupid, but I thought maybe I should install some of the cIOScorp extras because maybe one of them was cIOS itself (I now know this is of course wrong). So I installed the DVDx, IOS201, WiiGator, and DIP 14 wads, and they seemed to install ok.

Then, I found a cIOS installation tutorial: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...-0-4-1-wii.html . This seemed to work ok when I was loading IOS36 in Trucha Bug Restorer. I believe it was on the next step (IOS15) that it gave me some error about the existing IOS being more recent than the one trying to install, and TBR quit.

So, I wasn't sure what to do but I thought I probably messed things up somehow, and I decided to restore the nand from my backup. This went fine with no errors, but now when I go back and try to use TBR, there is no option for loading IOS36 at the start. The default is IOS31 or something, and IOS36 isn't an option at all.

I tried googling to figure out what to do now, but the only suggestion I've seen is to update. But, I am not sure how to selectively update, or even if it is possible with a wii at this stage of being cracked (no cIOS etc). And, I'm worried about updating because I'm afraid I will go too far and permanently lose the ability to do things, like use bootmii at boot2.

Can anyone tell me how to proceed? It is really overwhelming reading through all these guides and trying to figure everything out. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I forgot to say, my system is only at firmware 3.0u right now

SweetIvy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been lurking trying to find a answer to what I'm about to ask...

To save space on my wii I moved all my game saves to my SD card

Now USB Loader GX it wont read the saves on the SD only ones on the wii system memory.

What should I do to be able to read game saves off of SD?

Goobis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm still new to this scene,. I've only purchased and modded my Wii a month and half ago. I figured this would be the best place to post this question.

I've just started to make some channel fowarders for a couple of games on my usb drive(in the NTFS parition), so I don't have to go through homebrew everytime. Due to the fact the extra wii remote I got to use in peripherals so I don't have to keep trying to take out the one with the wii plus on it everytime, goes wonky when you boot up the homebrew channel. Anyhow I used Crapv3.3b to make the channel wads and Multi-Mod Manager to install. Now believe it or not everything went fine a granted little smoke but no actual fire(it was the grilled cheese baking on my 360, don't judge!:sleep:) The fowarder channels fuction as should, and I haven't run into an actual problems just a inquiry.

My question is that there seems to be a small discrepancy(like 2 or 3 blocks) in the wii system memory block number after I install them.

Example if I had the following,
2090 blocks before installing anything.

I install 3 channels that take up 17, 16, and 16 blocks
Channel 1: 17
Channel 2: 16
Channel 3: 16
A total of 49 blocks used

Then my internal memory should be 2041, but instead comes up like 2038. 3 blocks disappear somewhere. It's not just channel fowards though, I tested it with a couple of wiiware games(channel & dlc) also and also loose like 2 or 3 blocks. Even if I move the channels temporarily to a sd card the blocks are still gone, never to be seen again. I'm missing about 12 blocks or so total now.

Is this normal? I'm assuming the missing blocks are the actual wads themselves on the memory? Or am I totally wrong and it's something else? Am I imagining it because I forgot to take my medication today? Or do I have a gremlin in my Wii
blink.gif

D-an-W

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Folks, been AFW (Away From Wii
wacko.gif
) for a while and was wondering what is the current best option for USB HD loading?

I have a dual CycloWiz / External YAOSM fitted and the system is currently 4.1E.

I updated BootMii and HBC last night to their latest but would welcome advice as to what to do next...

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
parvulus said:
So, I wasn't sure what to do but I thought I probably messed things up somehow, and I decided to restore the nand from my backup. This went fine with no errors, but now when I go back and try to use TBR, there is no option for loading IOS36 at the start. The default is IOS31 or something, and IOS36 isn't an option at all.

Can anyone tell me how to proceed? It is really overwhelming reading through all these guides and trying to figure everything out. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I forgot to say, my system is only at firmware 3.0u right now

Grab a retail copy of a newer game, and let your system update from that to something later than 3.0.

That should give you the IOS36 you need, although if you could get TBR to see it before the NAND restore, then it should be there after the restore??

Once you have done the update, contine to Mod it to 4.2 and then hack it. Just use Xflaks NUSAD as stickied at the top of the section. NUSAD might also help you with the mod right now at 3.0? Says its compatible.

WARNING: DO NOT Update via the WiFi, that will take you to 4.3, and too many headaches.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D-an-W said:
Folks, been AFW (Away From Wii
wacko.gif
) for a while and was wondering what is the current best option for USB HD loading?

I have a dual CycloWiz / External YAOSM fitted and the system is currently 4.1E.

I updated BootMii and HBC last night to their latest but would welcome advice as to what to do next...

Update your cIOS's to Hermes V5 (or 4 for what its worth 202/222/223), upgrade V249 to V19 or if your brave V20.

I use CFG Loader (configurable USB Loader).

Get a Drive and format as FAT32, and your on your way.

May also want to install all the latest (as of 4.2) IOS's.

You can use NUSAD for all the above.

Also, you should install Priloader if you have not already done so.

Would pay to read up a tad on some of this.

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old laptop that is currently unusable unless I attach it to an external monitor.

It is just sitting in the house and I want to put it to use. It's a very old laptop... around 45 GB, enough to store some games.

Is it possible to turn my laptop into a USB loader or whatever?

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:
Grab a retail copy of a newer game, and let your system update from that to something later than 3.0.

That should give you the IOS36 you need, although if you could get TBR to see it before the NAND restore, then it should be there after the restore??

Once you have done the update, contine to Mod it to 4.2 and then hack it. Just use Xflaks NUSAD as stickied at the top of the section. NUSAD might also help you with the mod right now at 3.0? Says its compatible.

WARNING: DO NOT Update via the WiFi, that will take you to 4.3, and too many headaches.
Ok, I'll do that later and see if I can get everything working. Thanks a lot for the information and advice

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently, I was playing SMG 2, and I was at the last bowser galaxy, and everytime I finish off the Hammer Bros, it says the disc could not be read.

It is an sort of AP Patch?, or it is just my wii?

I can go an play any other world, but when I come back to the last bowser galaxy, after I finish the Hammer Bros, it just says the disc could not be read
frown.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
naruses said:
Recently, I was playing SMG 2, and I was at the last bowser galaxy, and everytime I finish off the Hammer Bros, it says the disc could not be read.

I can go an play any other world, but when I come back to the last bowser galaxy, after I finish the Hammer Bros, it just says the disc could not be read
frown.gif
Looks like a disc problem. Try reburning.

Nick™

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
naruses said:

frown.gif
I hate this error. Anyway, there are few things you can do, such as reburning your DVD or the easiest way that it will work for any game: Use a USBloader with a hard drive. This will throw away almost all your problems.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok ive used the NUS downloader to mod my Wii (thx FlackX!) and I think ive got it all good .. postive actually

but i just popped in MH3 and after select a char it goes all funky on me with sounds and crashing etc

im an idiot on this and I found some stuff with ios36 52 and god knows what else ... i have no clue what that mumbojumbo actually means

All i wanna know is how do i make MH3 work?

Also im having an issue with MKA aswell, it shows what controllers i can use then just goed black and crashed ... any help would be appreciated

Im using the NeoGamma loader and its a backup disc not USB

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @rqkaiju2, happy early birthday +1