Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NoFate said:
Hello,

i am new to this

i have a wii with 3.4 with a wiikey v2 , i recently installed cios 249 rev 14...

but now i see everywhere about cios53?? is this a new version? do i need this for like the new mario bros?

sorry , but i am new to all this?

or do i need to stay with the current version? whats the difference?

for example , mario bros works with neogamma , but not from the disc channel...
STAY with what you have.

cIOS249 rev14 is fine.

you don't have to use cIOS53.

I haven't heard of cIOS53, and I'm not sure if it is a new version.

If New Super Mario Bros. Wii works in NeoGamma, use it.

Amadeviant

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I soft-modded my wii thinking that the mod I used was the way to go. Now that I'm reading gbatemp threads its sounding like there's different ways to soft-mod. Example: cioscorps vs. gamma loading etc...

I don't remember what I did to my wii, all I remember is that I patched dols or some nonsense and the ui for the patching program had a chibi street fighter character or something. I installed dvdx, I messed with some ios' to make them cios'.

My question is, IF there are multiple soft-modding methods, is it damaging to overlap them?

I can load my backups from my hdd using usbloader, I can burn backups and play the dvds, if that helps.

Thnx for any help.

Also, is there any surefire way to find out exactly what soft-mods my wii is sporting?

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PabloACZ said:
W hat said:
How do I get a non stubbed IOS 249?

If you're in 4.2, it can be done by patching the IOS36 with TBR, using the AnyTitle Deleter DB to delete the stubbed version and using the cIOS Installer under the recently patched IOS36 to install the original IOS249 from Waninkoko.
I updated to 4.1U with waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.1. It seems I only need a wad of the real IOS249 to install cIOS14. I already have homebrew enabled, and cIOS9.

67birdman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Guys
tongue.gif

I'm new to this wii hacking stuff.
My system firmware is 3.4u, and I want to install the homebrew channel on it.
That isn't a problem, however, I want to play "backups" on it.
I'm considering using gammaloader or watever, but I just want to know if I can get bricked this way?
Like, I know for one that you can get bricked for playing out of region games, but is there any other way?
Also, can anyone explain this region stuff to me again?
Thanks
grog.gif

NoFate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ok , 1 question so i can change my topic title from "confused" to "up to date" ;-0

i have now cios 249 rev 14 , with wiikey 2

So if i want to play games like mario from the channel menu , i have to update my cios249 to ios53 with the trucha sign bug with the method : DOP-IOS

if i understand correctly from the wikipages ,

- if i do this i have 2 different ios on my system? so the games knowes wich ios to use?
- Or if i install ios 53 , it will update my cios249 ?

is it advisable to update to ios53? advantages/disadvantages??

ps : i have system menu 3.4 with wiikey2 ...

Thnx!!!!

pzyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a usb hard drive with ~500GB wbfs partition on it and some unpartitioned space.

is there a way to partition the remaining space? or do no partition managers recognize it?

samhush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is hardmodded (Wiikey v2).

I followed xzxero's guide to safely update to 4.2, modify 4.2, and then the last part to downgrade to 4.1 (so I can run my out-of-region games from the disc channel).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it should now be possible to run trucha discs (like GUITAR HERO customs) from the disc channel. Isn't that what the trucha bug restorer is for?

I'm confused, is there a way to run trucha discs from the disc channel w/ a modchip and 4.1?

Thanks for any help!

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Teclo said:
Do you need 4.2 to go onto the Nintendo Channel and use other online functions of the Wii?

Yes, and no.
The online functions will automatically ask you to update to Menu 4.2.
If you don't, Ninty will not let you use Shop, Nintendo, and other channels that use online services.

BUT! If you use WiiSCU, you can update the shop channel. (YOU CAN'T UPDATE THE NINTENDO CHANNEL!)

WiiSCU: WiiSCU - WiiBrew.org

~modmystuff~

WARNING! STAY AWAY FROM IOS60 IN WIISCU!!!!! IT WILL MOST LIKELY CAUSE A BRICK!!!

Edit: Make sure your Wii doesn't turn off while updating the Shop Channel! If it does, you are screwed.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, this might be a dumb question, but I'm not ashamed to ask.

I'm on 3.4U. Is DOP-IOS mod safe to use on the sys menu IOS (IOS-50) for trucha patching? I thought I had read that Nintendo stubbed it in 4.x. So I don't want to end up with a stubbed sysmenu if it downloads a new IOS50 from the server.

cc2918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello/ my first time posting ^^;

I have no idea how wii work at all =/ although I have experience with xbox36.0.
I will be greatly appreciated if you could answer my basic and newbie questions.

1. is there any hardware limitation in WII for softmodding?(just like xbox where certain models weren't able to mod back then)
2. what version of FW will I mostly get if I order 1 now?
3. any advice or warning i should know about before i order 1?

thanks in advance.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
NoFate said:
ok , 1 question so i can change my topic title from "confused" to "up to date" ;-0

i have now cios 249 rev 14 , with wiikey 2

So if i want to play games like mario from the channel menu , i have to update my cios249 to ios53 with the trucha sign bug with the method : DOP-IOS

if i understand correctly from the wikipages ,

- if i do this i have 2 different ios on my system? so the games knowes wich ios to use?
- Or if i install ios 53 , it will update my cios249 ?

is it advisable to update to ios53? advantages/disadvantages??

ps : i have system menu 3.4 with wiikey2 ...

Thnx!!!!

No. Every console has at least 30 system IOS, as each one is used by games and titles (excluding the stub ones). The cIOS (custom IOS) is just a modified version of an existing IOS that installs itself on a different slot than the original one (in this case, 249). Each IOS is independent, so if you modify one, the others won't be affected. Just install a trucha bugged version of the IOS 53 with Dop-IOS and I think you'll be fine. If not, try to load the game with NeoGamma.

samhush said:
My Wii is hardmodded (Wiikey v2).

I followed xzxero's guide to safely update to 4.2, modify 4.2, and then the last part to downgrade to 4.1 (so I can run my out-of-region games from the disc channel).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it should now be possible to run trucha discs (like GUITAR HERO customs) from the disc channel. Isn't that what the trucha bug restorer is for?

I'm confused, is there a way to run trucha discs from the disc channel w/ a modchip and 4.1?

Thanks for any help!

Nope. The TBR is only used in softmod guides to patch the IOS 36 and allow the load of apps that require the trucha bug to install and wirte contents to the NAND. If you want to load modified games through the Disc Channel, just be sure that the IOS the System Menu uses (in this case, the 60) is trucha bugged. You can do this with Dop-IOS.

QUOTE(mysticwaterfall @ Nov 10 2009, 02:14 PM)
So, this might be a dumb question, but I'm not ashamed to ask.

I'm on 3.4U. Is DOP-IOS mod safe to use on the sys menu IOS (IOS-50) for trucha patching? I thought I had read that Nintendo stubbed it in 4.x. So I don't want to end up with a stubbed sysmenu if it downloads a new IOS50 from the server.

Yep, it does work. It prevents the install of the most recent versions of the IOS used by the System Menu that right now are stubbed.

ryohayabusa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone
sorry this will sound annyoing and desperately n00bish but i 'd really need help
so far i never used to load my back up via usb but via disk(verbatim).however since now i'm trying to play the new mario game i 'm trying to boot it.i have downloaded the wbfs converter program called wbfstool v20(from here of course) and the sdusbloader cgf 45.now i'm stcuk because even though i have the 4.6g iso on my desktop i don't don'know how to cobvert it on a wbfs file.i'm using a pendrive of 4 G where i created a wbfs folder but i don't know what else to do.how can i convert the ISo file?where do i put it after converted?could anyone help?please?

Posts merged

Hi everyone
sorry this will sound annyoing and desperately n00bish but i 'd really need help
so far i never used to load my back up via usb but via disk(verbatim).however since now i'm trying to play the new mario game i 'm trying to boot it.i have downloaded the wbfs converter program called wbfstool v20(from here of course) and the sdusbloader cgf 45.now i'm stcuk because even though i have the 4.6g iso on my desktop i don't don'know how to cobvert it on a wbfs file.i'm using a pendrive of 4 G where i created a wbfs folder but i don't know what else to do.how can i convert the ISo file?where do i put it after converted?could anyone help?please?

Ancalagon1989

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My Wii has a SerialNumber starting with LEH5 .. I can't any information about that kind of SerialNumber.
Can anyone tell me what works and what doesn't?
Thank you very much, EeZeEpEe!

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ancalagon1989 said:
My Wii has a SerialNumber starting with LEH5 .. I can't any information about that kind of SerialNumber.
Can anyone tell me what works and what doesn't?
Thx
You can hack pretty much any Wii. Serial numbers don't matter too much anymore. It's all about when the Wii was actually purchased. Just read up and follow the Complete Softmod Guide. There's even an explanation as to the importance of serial numbers.

dosacoustic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wanted to know how you can restore your wii back to its original form. For some reason it will not read gamecube games after installing homebrew. I thoght possibly just going into the wii menu and formatting could work but not sure.

exfatal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello i;ve looked around but i couldn't find my answer so i'm bringing the question here. I jsut downloaded Wii scrubber but no matter what iso i open up i get bad partition for all of them, and i can click the +'s i had wii scrubber b4 and i never had this problem. pleeasse help what am i doing wrong i got the key and everything is there something im missing? Pm me if it cant be said on forum or soemthing

samhush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@PabloACZ

In regard to my earlier question...

I was able to successfully "dop" IOS 60 but I am still getting the "An error has occured" black screen when trying to load custom GH discs from the disc channel.

Is there something else I am missing?

Keep in mind, I did update to 4.2 using xzxero's guide before downgrading the system menu and IOS 60 wads.

Hope you can provide further help, thanks...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1