Thanks very much mate, pretty sure im ready to give it a go now
biggrin.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys, I had BootMii installed as boot2 on my 4.0U Wii, then I updated my Wii to 4.1U, now BootMii doesn't boot anymore... does anybody know the problem?

BTW i used waninkoko's updater

nvm fixed it somehow, i uninstalled and reinstalled BootMii, the HBC, and DVDX, then I installed all of the disc updates from my backups (they're NTSC-U)

chunky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WOW i just started the 4.1 wanin it started then failed with an error i tried again and another error ret or something and now i belive i am bricked i turn my Wii on and just black screen lol. As i am typing this its doing the backup nand i just have my fingers crossed i can save it,. it seems very slow.
in other threads i have read you can update the original way is this practice safe if not al be leaving it on 3.2 . al post back if its recovered

its recovered think al be leaving it alone for now do some proper reading

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chunky said:
WOW i just started the 4.1 wanin it started then failed with an error i tried again and another error ret or something and now i belive i am bricked i turn my Wii on and just black screen lol. As i am typing this its doing the backup nand i just have my fingers crossed i can save it,. it seems very slow.
in other threads i have read you can update the original way is this practice safe if not al be leaving it on 3.2 . al post back if its recovered

its recovered think al be leaving it alone for now do some proper reading

Did you not free up space on your Wii before doing it?

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure a stupid question. But there is no way to navigate Bootmii with the Wiimote yet, right? It's just getting a little tiring hit my GC controller to enter the system menu through Bootmii everytime I start the Wii.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
h8uthemost said:
I'm sure a stupid question. But there is no way to navigate Bootmii with the Wiimote yet, right? It's just getting a little tiring hit my GC controller to enter the system menu through Bootmii everytime I start the Wii.

Just set it to autoboot. Use the bootmii configuration editor app if you find it any easier or just open up the bootmii.ini file in the bootmii folder and get rid of the # sign before AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU and BOOTDELAY=5 and then it will autoboot to the system menu after 5 seconds.

You can also change the SYSMENU to HBC if you want to boot directly to the homebrew channel and change the number for bootdelay to adjust the number of seconds it will autoboot after. 0 will make it directly boot.

Edit: Or to make it EVEN EASIER, rename the bootmii folder to something that is not bootmii and it will just skip loading it as well. If it makes it take a while to boot you could try the other methods though. Might speed it up a bit.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jst a quickie

After ive done the Zelda hack under v3.1 can I afterwards update to 4.0 without it affecting anything involving HBC etc? Or would i have to hack the wii again with something else?

Makoto0729

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright... I'm having the strangest issue here.

I had a 4.1 Wii Virgin. Used Bannerbomb, installed the Homebrew Channel. Put the WAD Installer on it.

Ran the WAD installer. Every time I do I get the same issue. It looks for the directory "wad," can't find it, gives the error ret=1, and ends the program.

The issue here is, I have a wad directory. I checked, it is named "wad," not "wads." It is in the root of the card. I tried running the installer with both one and multiple wads inside, tried reformatting the card to both FAT16 and FAT32, the works. It will not find that folder.

If I try to run the installer on another card, same directory? Nothing. The installer doesn't even appear in the Homebrew Channel.

I even tried different versions of the program. Tried both the .dol and .elf, and both the 2.0 and 2.1 versions.

Does anyone know what could cause this? I tried Google, I tried a search here, this program does not seem to be replicated anywhere...

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
Jst a quickie

After ive done the Zelda hack under v3.1 can I afterwards update to 4.0 without it affecting anything involving HBC etc? Or would i have to hack the wii again with something else?

The only thing updating will really get rid of is the trucha bug in all IOS's, CIOSCORP if you installed it, and preloader, if you installed it. If you install a cIOS from where you are now, that will have the trucha bug and will not be affected by updating so you will still have access to the trucha bug without having to restore it.

So basically, run the cIOS rev14 installer, then Waninkoko's 4.0 updater. (or 4.1)

QUOTE(Makoto0729 @ Jul 27 2009, 10:42 PM) Alright... I'm having the strangest issue here.

I had a 4.1 Wii Virgin. Used Bannerbomb, installed the Homebrew Channel. Put the WAD Installer on it.

Ran the WAD installer. Every time I do I get the same issue. It looks for the directory "wad," can't find it, gives the error ret=1, and ends the program.

The issue here is, I have a wad directory. I checked, it is named "wad," not "wads." It is in the root of the card. I tried running the installer with both one and multiple wads inside, tried reformatting the card to both FAT16 and FAT32, the works. It will not find that folder.

If I try to run the installer on another card, same directory? Nothing. The installer doesn't even appear in the Homebrew Channel.

I even tried different versions of the program. Tried both the .dol and .elf, and both the 2.0 and 2.1 versions.

Does anyone know what could cause this? I tried Google, I tried a search here, this program does not seem to be replicated anywhere...

WAD installer itself is an outdated application. Use Wad Manager 1.4 (or 1.5 was released earlier today.) Also you could try renaming your folder "WAD" with caps. Maybe it's picky like that. Even after you do get that sorted out I don't think you would be able to install many wad's anyways since you would need to get the trucha bug back first. What wad's are you trying to install? If they have anything to do with IOS's don't use them.

Just follow this video to use the Trucha Bug Restorer to downgrade IOS15, use that IOS15 to install an IOS36 with the Trucha Bug, then restore IOS15: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltrd3oq8hPc...re=channel_page

Then run the cIOS rev14 installer and have it use IOS36 and do a network install (if you have an internet connection on it) Then when you use Wad Manager 1.4 or 1.5 use IOS249 to install stuff.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
h8uthemost said:

Just set it to autoboot. Use the bootmii configuration editor app if you find it any easier or just open up the bootmii.ini file in the bootmii folder and get rid of the # sign before AUTOBOOT=SYSMENU and BOOTDELAY=5 and then it will autoboot to the system menu after 5 seconds.

You can also change the SYSMENU to HBC if you want to boot directly to the homebrew channel and change the number for bootdelay to adjust the number of seconds it will autoboot after. 0 will make it directly boot.

Edit: Or to make it EVEN EASIER, rename the bootmii folder to something that is not bootmii and it will just skip loading it as well. If it makes it take a while to boot you could try the other methods though. Might speed it up a bit.

Thank you for the help nabster. Very appreciated.

I think I'll rename the bootmii folder. Or, if that doesn't work too well I'll just do that 5 sec delay. By doing that Bootmii will still start up, but as long as I don't push any buttons on the GC controller or Wii then the System Menu will automatically pop in?

Thanks for the help.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
h8uthemost said:
nabster92 said:
h8uthemost said:

Thank you for the help nabster. Very appreciated.

I think I'll rename the bootmii folder. Or, if that doesn't work too well I'll just do that 5 sec delay. By doing that Bootmii will still start up, but as long as I don't push any buttons on the GC controller or Wii then the System Menu will automatically pop in?

Thanks for the help.

Yea, for autobooting it will be in the bootmii menu and then there will be 5 dots underneath either the system menu icon or the HBC that will tick down (depending on which is set to autoboot.) If you set the BOOTDELAY to less than 5, the 5 dots will just tick faster. If you press something on the GC controller or the buttons on the Wii itself in this period then it won't autoboot. Mine is set to 2 seconds bootdelay then autoboots the HBC. (Though I'm considering having it boot to the system menu and installing preloader and having that autoboot to my usb loader or something.)

dcoop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, did all the updating last night, seems to have worked. Updated to cIOS38_rev14 and then used the firmware 4.0 updater.

Only thing im currently having a problem with is when I go to the little SD card icon on the system menu, the wii freezes up completely..and if I go the Wii icon, then data management..then saves or whatever it is(not channels, the other thing)..it gave me an error message, came up kind of like a dos screen, a bit like when you get a code dump when using homebrew anyway.

Is this common?

I think I once read something about, if you left something on your sd card(something to do with bannerbomb maybe?) then problems could arise..but I dont know that for sure at all.

chunky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i am stuck any help would be great

i am on 3.2e i have rev14 mainly for my usb loader

i am putting the 4.1 wanin installer it gets near the end and says error ret 1036
what am i doing wrong
i did this last night and only got the black screen but i got it back with bootmii nand

i have read a few threads and i am so mixed up in one thread it says i need 4.0 in first, in others it says as long as you have rev14 go do the 4.1 easy

so am in need of some help

redsrule2500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chunky said:
i am stuck any help would be great

i am on 3.2e i have rev14 mainly for my usb loader

i am putting the 4.1 wanin installer it gets near the end and says error ret 1036
what am i doing wrong
i did this last night and only got the black screen but i got it back with bootmii nand

i have read a few threads and i am so mixed up in one thread it says i need 4.0 in first, in others it says as long as you have rev14 go do the 4.1 easy

so am in need of some help

I had that problem and went 3.2 > 4.0 > 4.1 just fine. I know that works.

chunky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i went down the path of wanin 4.0 1st and was gonna do 4.1 but my HBC just goes blank just a black screen is this normal ? I aint done the bannerbomb way but i am taking thats my next step to recover the HBC can anyone confurm cheers guys

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol