Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to unstall preloader and reinstall it so i can get something enabled... but i got a question.

press + then - to delete the system menu app used by preloader 0.29 for system menu 4.0 only

i did follow the online guide of the ultimate wii system menu... so should i say yes or no to this?

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835 also that's the guide i'm talking about...

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has any CIOS Rev been able to fix the USB problem? I'm really looking towards The Conduit, and I want to be able to use the external and Wii Speak at the same time. Thanks in advance.

j4122002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my wii is using 3.2u by default (did not do a downgrade)
I was able to do the TP hack without any issues
I was able to load the homebrew channel without any issues
I then found a package file that contained the following wads (by the way i can run wad manager without any issues)

cios_5
cios_7
DVDX ( I installed this when i installed homebrew channel but installed it again)
wiigators gamma loader 0.1
wiigators gamma loader 0.3
softchip loader

After attempting to play my first back up (Boom Blox: Bash Party) on gamma loader 0.3 i got a black screen and after waiting a few minutes i powered down the wii.

I then searched the fourm and found some people are suggesting to install cios_13a or cios_13b i installed cios_13b it was defaulted to 249 and installed it

When i run Softchip loader it says that it finds 249 correctly but when i press A to launch the game i get an error (think its loctl error)

I tried re burning the game at the speed of 2x. I do not get any burn errors and im using IMGBurn with verbatim DVD-R

My question is should i just try another game or am i missing a vital step?
In searching i came across preloader and in that you can insert a Remove diag disc check do i need to do this as well?

Thank you for any suggestions

WizardOfOdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WizardOfOdd said:
Would anyone mind taking a look at this USB HDD and telling me if it's any good to use with any of the Wii USB loaders?

And also, what's the current state of the USB loaders? Are they running most things? I can run pretty much anything (including Indy and Ghostbusters) from disc at the moment so is it worth switching to USB?

Thanks!!

Anyone?

Cheers.

rom_hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WizardOfOdd said:
WizardOfOdd said:
Would anyone mind taking a look at this USB HDD and telling me if it's any good to use with any of the Wii USB loaders?

And also, what's the current state of the USB loaders? Are they running most things? I can run pretty much anything (including Indy and Ghostbusters) from disc at the moment so is it worth switching to USB?

Thanks!!

Anyone?

Cheers.

Well what is your usb hdd?
I use USB loader by waninkoko 1.5. with a 2.5 WD passport.
USB loader for me is perfect so far - no hiccups or anything, yet faster loadups - Id switch to USB anyday and I retired my SSBB disc which is scratched to hell from constant abuse.

Posts merged

QUOTE(rom_hunter @ Jun 18 2009, 03:50 PM)
Hi guys, i'm new here.
Obviously my post reflects my noobity, so here's my question:

I have a wii with custom 4.0 updater, preloader and hbc.
After, I have installed CIOScorp (in which I had to reinstall preloader as a result).
However, I now want to uninstall CIOScorp, because I have never used a backup from the disc channel (only originals have been through there).
I have searched all over GOOGLE and there are so many different methods I don't know which to trust. I am looking for a reply from someone who has done it properly and so can guide me through (or better yet, make a guide, since I feel there are more people out there like me).

So, considering the condition of my wii - how do you uninstall CIOScorp - it is the last thing installed.

Note: I wish to maintain everything else, such as the custom 4.0, preloader and hbc, unless a sacrifice must be made (in which I hope hbc isnt one of them)

Anyone?
Im so far guessing I need to downgrade and upgrade to 4.0, but won't that erase my HBC and all my other stuff. Bannerbomb might not even work with this version :S

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
rom_hunter said:

rom_hunter said:
Hi guys, i'm new here.

After, I have installed CIOScorp (in which I had to reinstall preloader as a result).
However, I now want to uninstall CIOScorp, because I have never used a backup from the disc channel (only originals have been through there).
I have searched all over GOOGLE and there are so many different methods I don't know which to trust. I am looking for a reply from someone who has done it properly and so can guide me through (or better yet, make a guide, since I feel there are more people out there like me).

So, considering the condition of my wii - how do you uninstall CIOScorp - it is the last thing installed.

Note: I wish to maintain everything else, such as the custom 4.0, preloader and hbc, unless a sacrifice must be made (in which I hope hbc isnt one of them)

Anyone?
Im so far guessing I need to downgrade and upgrade to 4.0, but won't that erase my HBC and all my other stuff. Bannerbomb might not even work with this version :S
you could use the ultimate 4.0 guide (offline part) to downgrade and upgrade again. You shouldn't lose preloader or HBC. (If you want to be sure make a bootmii nand backup)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

rom_hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
rom_hunter said:

rom_hunter said:
Hi guys, i'm new here.

Anyone?
you could use the ultimate 4.0 guide (offline part) to downgrade and upgrade again. You shouldn't lose preloader or HBC. (If you want to be sure make a bootmii nand backup)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Oh wow. So basically, I dont need to ever go online with this?
I can choose which firmware to be on (say 4.0 again - and i guess it must be 4.0E since the wii is European) and Id still get preloader? still get HBC? but just no more CIOScorp
WOW! why didnt i see this b4?

EDIT: Alright i think i finally got rid of CIOScorp - anyway of how to know for sure?

rom_hunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
silvershadow said:
quick question, if twilight hack still works for me, should i just use it since im familiar with it? or is it better to use bannerbomb now?

Yeah stick with TP hack, though I'd still recommend you to at least try out bannerbomb if you feel like it- it is far much more easier to use than TP hack.

The whole point of both, for the majority of us, is to install HBC and they both do it well.

j4122002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I should have stated this first but this is my first crack at it so any info would be helpful

j4122002 said:
my wii is using 3.2u by default (did not do a downgrade)
I was able to do the TP hack without any issues
I was able to load the homebrew channel without any issues
I then found a package file that contained the following wads (by the way i can run wad manager without any issues)

cios_5
cios_7
DVDX ( I installed this when i installed homebrew channel but installed it again)
wiigators gamma loader 0.1
wiigators gamma loader 0.3
softchip loader

After attempting to play my first back up (Boom Blox: Bash Party) on gamma loader 0.3 i got a black screen and after waiting a few minutes i powered down the wii.

I then searched the fourm and found some people are suggesting to install cios_13a or cios_13b i installed cios_13b it was defaulted to 249 and installed it

When i run Softchip loader it says that it finds 249 correctly but when i press A to launch the game i get an error (think its loctl error)

I tried re burning the game at the speed of 2x. I do not get any burn errors and im using IMGBurn with verbatim DVD-R

My question is should i just try another game or am i missing a vital step?
In searching i came across preloader and in that you can insert a Remove diag disc check do i need to do this as well?

Thank you for any suggestions

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rom_hunter said:
silvershadow said:
quick question, if twilight hack still works for me, should i just use it since im familiar with it? or is it better to use bannerbomb now?

Yeah stick with TP hack, though I'd still recommend you to at least try out bannerbomb if you feel like it- it is far much more easier to use than TP hack.

The whole point of both, for the majority of us, is to install HBC and they both do it well.

thanks for the reply. its exactly what i thought, but yah, if bannerbomb is easier, im gonna try it:) not saying tp hack was hard or anything, lol.

and ofcourse, all i use it for is to install hbc, the rest is done through hbc:)

Volxcomsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. So heres the details of my situation. I have a 4.0u thats older than LU64 and have installed the Homebrew Channel without any problems. Now, when I go to install Softmii Prelauncher, I get error 1035. I'm following this guys tutorial on youtube www.youtube.com/watch?v=TayLByk6QBc and am on his Part 2 video. He gives a link to a "solution" to fixing error 1035 but that "solution" requires me to downgrade my wii and then upgrade again. I dont wanna have to do that because my brother has lots of time spent playing Animal Crossing and you cant save that game data to the SD card. Now that I already have the homebrew channel working good on my wii. Is there any tutorial I can follow from here on out that will fully mod my wii without having to downgrade? I'd greatly appreciate any helpful replies. Thanks.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im sorry i cant help u directly, but first u have to ask urself why do u want Softmii Prelauncher.

i honestly havent even heard of that, yet i play all my snes roms, nes roms, install wads of vc games (n64), and also use usb loader as well as can play burnt backups.

Volxcomsurf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silvershadow said:
im sorry i cant help u directly, but first u have to ask urself why do u want Softmii Prelauncher.

i honestly havent even heard of that, yet i play all my snes roms, nes roms, install wads of vc games (n64), and also use usb loader as well as can play burnt backups.

haha Thats the thing. I dont even know what Softmii Prelauncher is! I was just following the video tutorial. I have the homebrew channel up and running. So I just wanna know what I have to do from this point to make it be able to play burnt backups and usb loader games. Theres gotta be a tutorial that starts from the Homebrew Channel on.

This is as far as I've got into this guys tutorial.

Guide:
Download this http://rapidshare.com/files/238999106/Softmod_Tools.rar

1. Run BaNNer BomB on your wii (this is the first program in the video)

2. Configure Bootmii to install all items (Homebrew Channel, DVDX, and Bootmii of course!)

And now I have the homebrew channel.

Now my question is, what do I need to do next! haha. Cause this guys tutorial obviously isnt working past this point

loony747

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I updated my CIOS to 38-13a. Everything works fine, except that only one USB port seems to work for my HDD. Anyways, is the other port unuseable? Or is it just not detecting HDDs? I want to buy WiiSpeak to use alongside my HDD.

If it is unuseable, is there a way to make it work?

Answer, please. Thanks in advance.

wuher69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a used wii, it is 3.4U and I would like to drop it to 3.2U. What is the safest way to do so? Is it as simple as using AnyRegionChanger? I already have HBC up and running

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if anyone cared to read my 'help post' 2 pages ago, but i still got no help regarding the problem of getting boom blox 2 ntsc to work on ntsc 4.0 wii. ive burned the game twice, assuming the first burn was a bad burn, but the 2nd one was just as worst as the 1st.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo