natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sweenish said:
I recently tried out some wiiware wads. i used wad manager 1.4 to install them. i moved the channels to my sd card, where i found out that they won't work.

i learned that they can't be played or loaded from the sd card (only system memory, i'm hoping for that feature to be added), but the issue is that when i tried to move them back to uninstall them, they wouldn't get transferred. so i just deleted them from my sd card.

the question is whether i have to run anything to make sure they're fully gone. there aren't any ghost channels or anything like that.

ntsc U wii, menu 4.0
serial: LU33--------

You need to patch your IOS 60 in order to play WAD installed games off SD card.
Google cIOS60 and install it and you should be good

NightKry

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When I use preloader to change my IOS to 60, it says my systemmenu is corrupt (when i try to go to my system menu). I'm currently running on IOS 30 w/ 4.0U

If so, how do i play wiiware from my SD card?

hypnotikbutterfl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm a total noob and am at a loss.
I tried my best to search everywhere here but my head is poundin'.
I have a 4.0U LU65 Wii.
I just installed the homebrew channel using bannerbomb.
I've been trying to follow this tut for downgrading:
http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...no-cios-10.html

I'm getting stuck on step 6 and upon researching, it seems that my Wii can't use wads or be downgraded.
Is that true?
I really want to be able to run backup games.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
smile.gif

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hypnotikbutterfly said:
Hello. I'm a total noob and am at a loss.
I tried my best to search everywhere here but my head is poundin'.
I have a 4.0U LU65 Wii.
I just installed the homebrew channel using bannerbomb.
I've been trying to follow this tut for downgrading:
http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-g...no-cios-10.html

I'm getting stuck on step 6 and upon researching, it seems that my Wii can't use wads or be downgraded.
Is that true?
I really want to be able to run backup games.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
smile.gif

That tutorial will not work with LU65, you need to use one like this:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158171

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new to Wii softmods and seeing as Bannerbomb doesn't require LoZ:TP I thought I'd give the softmod a try. I'd like to ask if these steps will work and I don't think this deserves its own thread, if it does please let me know.

Wii Serial: LU57
Firmware: 4.0U

My Plan of Action:

1. Bannerbomb
2. HBC
3. Bootmii
4. Preloader (Is this needed after Bootmii install?)
5. WAD manager 1.4
6. CIOSrev10

And that should leave me compatible with most homebrew/loaders as well as brick protection?

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Senbonzaku101 said:
Hello, I'm new to Wii softmods and seeing as Bannerbomb doesn't require LoZ:TP I thought I'd give the softmod a try. I'd like to ask if these steps will work and I don't think this deserves its own thread, if it does please let me know.

Wii Serial: LU57
Firmware: 4.0U

My Plan of Action:

1. Bannerbomb
2. HBC
3. Bootmii
4. Preloader (Is this needed after Bootmii install?)
5. WAD manager 1.4
6. CIOSrev10

And that should leave me compatible with most homebrew/loaders as well as brick protection?

i like steps 1-3. Hopefully you can install bootmii into boot2, nintendo fixed that bug sometime around LU57 so it may or may not work. If you can, backup your NAND.
Preloader. Do you have any use for this? Personally I don't have any use for it and if you have bootmii in boot2, preloader is worthless as brick protection.
As for steps 5-6, follow the offline section of this tutorial to do that correctly: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
natemckn said:
Senbonzaku101 said:
*Removed to save room.*

i like steps 1-3. Hopefully you can install bootmii into boot2, nintendo fixed that bug sometime around LU57 so it may or may not work. If you can, backup your NAND.
Preloader. Do you have any use for this? Personally I don't have any use for it and if you have bootmii in boot2, preloader is worthless as brick protection.
As for steps 5-6, follow the offline section of this tutorial to do that correctly: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835
No use for Preloader, to be honest I just wasn't sure if Bootmii had the anti-brick features that Preloader claims to have.

In regards to that tutorial, my understanding is that HBC can be used instead of running BB from the SD card each time, and assuming BB would install HBC, can I skip BB and run boot.dol from HBC after creating the apps/WAD manager/ folder?

If someone else answers, I want to thank you natemckn for the help you've already given.

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Senbonzaku101 said:
natemckn said:
Senbonzaku101 said:
*Removed to save room.*

No use for Preloader, to be honest I just wasn't sure if Bootmii had the anti-brick features that Preloader claims to have.

In regards to that tutorial, my understanding is that HBC can be used instead of running BB from the SD card each time, and assuming BB would install HBC, can I skip BB and run boot.dol from HBC after creating the apps/WAD manager/ folder?

If someone else answers, I want to thank you natemckn for the help you've already given.

After you follow steps 1-3 (preparing the SD card) it says "If you already have the Homebrew Channel you may skip steps 4-8 follow steps A-B". Its in nice big red text. So you dont have to use bannerbomb again, just use the homebrew channel to run boot.dol

klallen1991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
klallen1991 said:
I installed Bit-Trip Beat which I'm pretty sure was the right region (NTSC). Everything was working fine beforehand, until I tried to play the installed channel. It installed fine through my WAD manager, the channel's banner loaded fine, then I tried to play, up until the second logo it was fine but after this the screen went black and reverted to the Wii menu.

I tried to install Majora's Mask VC title, but the WAD manager wouldn't load next time. I can't get any of the applications to run through the Homebrew Channel. I had installed a Wii game back-up loader too, but it's now gone off my Wii menu. I can't install another one or boot the back-up loader as an application. I tried booting more apps on a different SD card but it had the same problem: the progress bar begins to to appear but it never exceeds 0%. The Homebrew Channel is beta 8 and the cursor gives the middle finger (if that's relevant), and when I try to exit from this back to the Wii menu it fades out, but not completely, and freezes.

The Wii's at 3.2U, and hasn't updated since as far as I know (it still says that). I haven't paid attention to development of homebrew since the Gecko back-up loader was first made a standard, around when people started making various custom banners for the same program. I can't think of anything else that could have caused it.

I don't know what other information anyone would need to help me. Would someone be able to please help me?

No one has replied at all, and I can't play anything as my games all want to update the firmware. Any ideas?
unsure.gif

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
natemckn said:
sweenish said:
I recently tried out some wiiware wads. i used wad manager 1.4 to install them. i moved the channels to my sd card, where i found out that they won't work.

i learned that they can't be played or loaded from the sd card (only system memory, i'm hoping for that feature to be added), but the issue is that when i tried to move them back to uninstall them, they wouldn't get transferred. so i just deleted them from my sd card.

the question is whether i have to run anything to make sure they're fully gone. there aren't any ghost channels or anything like that.

ntsc U wii, menu 4.0
serial: LU33--------

You need to patch your IOS 60 in order to play WAD installed games off SD card.
Google cIOS60 and install it and you should be good

excellent, thank you very much.

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Minho said:
What is an IOS/cIOS?
How can I check which ones I have/installed?

IOS are like wii system files that the Wii OS runs off of. Kinda like windows dlls. There are sixty something of them and they all do various thing and different games use different ones. Here is a page with more details on them.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS
cIOS (custom IOS) is an IOS that a hacker took apart and fiddled with it. Wiis with a cIOS installed can run backup discs, boot games from a usb drive, and other features that Nintendo did not implement.
If you have not hacked your wii, you do not have any cIOS. The Program AnyTitleDeleter allows you to view (and delete) all of the IOSs on your Wii. BEWARE: DO NOT DELETE AN IOS OFF YOUR WII UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING. MISSING IOS CAN BRICK YOUR WII

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shatter said:
what are backups

are they burnt games or are they downloaded games
and how do u get games in ur usb loader

Backups are burnt games. Here on this forum we do not advocate piracy, so all of the backups we refer to are ones that we own and backed up our self, though it would be possible for one to download and burn a game and have it work on a backup loader.
Transferring games to your USB loader can be done one of two ways. If you have a .iso file on your computer, you can use one of many WBFS manager programs (found here, scroll down a bit) to transfer that iso directly onto your usb hard drive. If you have the disc, you can put it in your wii and find the option in your backup loader to rip the game to the hard drive.

Minho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
natemckn said:
Minho said:
What is an IOS/cIOS?

IOS are like wii system files that the Wii OS runs off of. Kinda like windows dlls. There are sixty something of them and they all do various thing and different games use different ones. Here is a page with more details on them.
cIOS (custom IOS) is an IOS that a hacker took apart and fiddled with it. Wiis with a cIOS installed can run backup discs, boot games from a usb drive, and other features that Nintendo did not implement.
If you have not hacked your wii, you do not have any cIOS. The Program AnyTitleDeleter allows you to view (and delete) all of the IOSs on your Wii. BEWARE: DO NOT DELETE AN IOS OFF YOUR WII UNLESS YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING. MISSING IOS CAN BRICK YOUR WII

ok i see, thanks...
now i was reading various threads and now i have more questions, but ill ask one for now.
What is a NAND?

natemckn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Minho said:
natemckn said:
Minho said:
What is an IOS/cIOS?

ok i see, thanks...
now i was reading various threads and now i have more questions, but ill ask one for now.
What is a NAND?

"The Wii contains 512 MiB of NAND flash storage, which is used to store "system software", channels (including Virtual Console titles), game saves, and system settings."
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NAND
Wiibrew.org is a very useful site for learning about the basics of the wii system

Minho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
natemckn said:
Minho said:
natemckn said:
Minho said:
What is an IOS/cIOS?

ok i see, thanks...
What is a NAND?

"The Wii contains 512 MiB of NAND flash storage, which is used to store "system software", channels (including Virtual Console titles), game saves, and system settings."
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/NAND
Wiibrew.org is a very useful site for learning about the basics of the wii system

xD all right ill check it out before coming back here, thanks

drSTRIFE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Is it worth installing the IOS version of Bootmii if you can't install it on boot2 to prevent bricking wii? Doesn't bricked wii prevent you from running IOS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow