Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

kenh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how to change the name on a savegame. I have like many GH customs, and want the name showing in "data management" to be different for each version.
I have changed Title(ticket)-id so each custom has it own save-file.

Distahs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Distahs said:
hate2.gif

Ok every game that I have tried either locks up after 10 mins or will not load
at all resetting the wii. Also every ISO is only of games that I installed with
my discs. I have retried formatting and reinstalling the games to no avail even
tried another HDD.
Swapping USB ports didn't help either.

Specs:
Wii F/W: 4.0
USA
HDD: 1TB WDH1U10000N
Loaders: 1.1, 1.5, 1.0 Gx, Uloader, 4.7
cIOS: 222, 249,
V09, v10, v11

If anyone is willing to help pleas email me at
biohazard_65(at)yahoo(dot)com
hate2.gif

Use the Loader configurable by Oggzee, with cIOS249_r10, and disconect any other USB on the Wii (wiimote charger, cooler, LAN-USB, etc etc etc...) if the problem persist, then you may need to switch off the spindown function on the HDD...!!!
smile.gif

Sorry my goof
blush.gif
, the HDD that i have is a 1TB PHD10000USE-72 didn't find any info saying it has spindown.

in a last ditch effort i:
1 backed up my mii's and saves
2 formatted the wii system memory
3 followed this guide to the T http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/109-store...tem-menu-4.html
4 had to run cios uninstaller
5 got every thing installed including the Oggzee loader and cIOS249_r10 same as (cIOS36_r10)

still most games will not load i get:
1 green screen and kicked to the wii menu
2 green screen and system lockup (reset by holding power)
3 game loads and locks up.

For some reason carnival games and Wii sports work fine and there smaller ISO's

System model RVL001

MagicDrumSticks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright guys, I have an LU64 wii with 3.4 system menu installed stock. I realize that theres a fix and stuff but I looked around and I'm quite confused on how to mod these Wiis correctly. Someone please give me a good way to do it, all the softmod guides I read for that model dont help

ilnyc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hl23 said:
I saw on another source
some people said roll back to the older version of the homebrew channel
Yep, that is what I did, and everything is fine with HBC1.0.1. This whole HBC update turned out not for the faint of heart!

Now I am off to figure out a USB loader channel because it is just too annoying to have the update prompt on HBC.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reboot said:
Installation
Why does the installer say "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install"?

In most cases, however, this means you have installed some sort of "mod pack" which leaves your system in a damaged state that interferes with our system scan. In particular, "cIOSCORP" is known to be problematic because some idiot decided it would be smart to take some old version of IOS,

Thats from their FAQ
I get that error when trying to install it. So I assumed it was cIOSCORP since I dont have anything else unusual installed except wanin's 4.0u...
Any ideas?

rofl.gif
well I'm one the people involved in creating CIOScorp, the first part (WiiBlaster) are the IOSes 55 - 28 wich were dissemble, changed the 01.app (main.dol) and put there the 01.app from the cIOS_r7, the second part wasn't possible to do it like that (my part), so I changed the source of WiiPower's Multi_cIOS Installer, to make it able to install the IOS30 DIP patched with the r7 and installed in several slots (9 - 22) but it is technically the IOS30-64-v1039, and that's how CIOScorp was born quite a while ago now, if you have issues installing bootmii try runing IOS Downgrader, install bootmii and then re-install CIOScorp......if you like
rofl.gif

QUOTE said:
When I loaded the homebrew channel today it came up with a message saying there was an update to 1.0.3. I let it update but once it ran it said something like there was no IOS to use. Anyone?

EDIT: WTF, now my CIOSCORP doesn't work. This is just after installing cios36rev10(which i had before but ran it anyway) with this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

Also, when I tried to follow the next step to use IOS Downgrader, it didn't work, gave me error -1.

EDIT2: My gamma loader still works..

Re-install the cIOS and try runing again the IOS downgrader

QUOTE said:
Okay, so it took a bit of time to do, but my wii is now finally successfully back down to 3.2U.
Thanks to all for the help
NOW, though, since I have been messing with it, I am very curious about all about homebrewing.
Since my wii is pretty "fresh" again, what is the best homebrew stuff a n00b like me should have or try out? I would love to get into this scene and try out all these cool things I see.
I can't wait to see the recommendations and try them out

Well if you have bootmii and preloader installed, you might want to try thr softmii themes, there are some goods and some bads, and after that f you don't have a ModChip I recomend CIOScorp v1 and the Homebrew Browser, that's all....!!
smile.gif

i have had my wii hacked for nearly a year with twilight hack, i just upgraded to v4.0 of the wii menu, installed bootmii with bannerbomb and it has worked great. However, I am running a pal version of Animal Crossing Lets Go To THe City and my wii speak wont respond... do I need a certain IOS? it has worked before the 4.0 update. I used to be on 3.3U. I have a regular purchased version of AC that is NTSC and works great for wiispeak... but I play this version more right now.

I think it can be the Wii telling the WiiSpeak system that the Wii is NTSC and the game disc is PAL, so I think it can't work unless you get a NTSC copy and try it to verify this theory..!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
goku1980 said:
looking to extract cios from a wii any ideas how?

run FS Dumper and then use Waad Maker to pack the cIOS.wad...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Hi, new here, and very new to softmodding. I just had a couple of problems and was wondering if anyone could help a noob out?
Basically, i'm workin with a 3.2u wii, downgraded from 4.0 and i'm trying to utilize waninkokos usb loader 1.5
As far as I know, i'm up to date on ios and cios. I can boot Punch Out without any problems, however when i tried Twilight Princess and MadWorld I get the "Exception (DSI) Occurred" error and Animal Crossing hangs on a black screen. I installed ios 38,53 and 55 and according to wad manager they were successful. Anyone have any advice they can shoot my way? Would be greatly appreciated.

the "code dumps" are caused mainly by the app itself, but you need to confirm wich one is your case, install the cIOS_r10 and use the USB Loader configurable by Oggzee (latest version if possible), you don't need to install the IOSes 38-53-55 cause the loader only uses IOS249 (the cIOS), but they are OK to be installed don't worry, they just don't help you at all in this case...!!
smile.gif

First let me say thanks to everyone
So I installed
HackMii installer v2
bootmii as booot2
No problem that was succesful
I see the bootmii menu etc everything says succefull
BEFORE i installed I deleted the homebrew channel
Now when I a launch the homebrew channel either via a channel or using the boot mii menu
it goes black and never loads
Hence I still have the same issue
WIIkey
os 3.4
I also deleted all content on my sd card and tried again and did an uninstall
I have boot mii as a boot2
Any help is appreciate
as I do not have the homebrew channel working
(originally installed and working via the twilight hack)

Did you try installing the IOS60..??
huh.gif

rad.i.kal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
i have had my wii hacked for nearly a year with twilight hack, i just upgraded to v4.0 of the wii menu, installed bootmii with bannerbomb and it has worked great. However, I am running a pal version of Animal Crossing Lets Go To THe City and my wii speak wont respond... do I need a certain IOS? it has worked before the 4.0 update. I used to be on 3.3U. I have a regular purchased version of AC that is NTSC and works great for wiispeak... but I play this version more right now.

QUOTEI think it can be the Wii telling the WiiSpeak system that the Wii is NTSC and the game disc is PAL, so I think it can't work unless you get a NTSC copy and try it to verify this theory..!!
smile.gif

I tested it last night, it does work on an NTSC copy, just not on pal... so it probably wont work on a pal at all... no way to make it work?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nullifx

- If I go through all the steps to get the cios installed and get a usb loader working will I run into any issues when playing original copies of games? Will they try to install updates and if they do install an update what will likely happen?
no issues at all cause the cIOS gets installed as IOS249, wich is an slot not used by anything except for the cIOS, the updates will only install newer IOSes or newer versions of IOSes

- Is there any way of running backups currently (either burnt copies or from usb) without installing a cios or a hardware mod?
No

- I noticed most of the guides I read suggested to install cIOS36rev9 or 10 but I have also noticed that newly released is cios38rev12. Is one just an update of the other or are they completely different? If i was to install cios would I install cios36 or cios38?
the cIOS_r12 is based on IOS38, there is no cIOS38, the installer is called cIOS38_r12 tho, you can try r12, and if you get any issue, go to r10, and if any issue go to r9, I have r10 and have no issue at all...!!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
or a few days there has been an upgrade prompt on HBC. I googled a bit and didn't find any disasters so I went through with the online installation of ONLY the new HBC. I skipped the bootmii and DVDX. But after reboot the HBC channel stopped working. The channel is still there but after I clicked start, with no change of my apps on the SD card, the system will freeze.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I hope I don't have to do the twilight hack all over again.

OK, I guess the worst case I can try the banner bomb. But I suspect maybe some left over from the TH was causing the problem. Is the HBC entirely on the SD card or it is in the Wii memory? I have a boot.dol left on my SD card, which might be a silly thing to do. But I renamed it the problem is still the same. Hackmii installer did report that the new HBC was successfully installed.

I think you need to install the IOS60 or try reinstalling the HBC1.0.1 if IOS60 does nothing...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
This is bad, I thought banner boom will do it for me but from what you are saying this isn't going to help? Now does twilight hack require an original Zhelda or a backup will surfice?

Bannerbomb wont do shit if you don't do what's neccesary, the Zelda can be a backup if you have CIOScorp installed

QUOTE said:
Sorry my goof, the HDD that i have is a 1TB PHD10000USE-72 didn't find any info saying it has spindown.
in a last ditch effort i:
1 backed up my mii's and saves
2 formatted the wii system memory
3 followed this guide to the T http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/109-store...tem-menu-4.html
4 had to run cios uninstaller
5 got every thing installed including the Oggzee loader and cIOS249_r10 same as (cIOS36_r10)
still most games will not load i get:
1 green screen and kicked to the wii menu
2 green screen and system lockup (reset by holding power)
3 game loads and locks up.
For some reason carnival games and Wii sports work fine and there smaller ISO's
System model RVL001

did you check if your HDD is compatible...?? are your games same region as your ..?? cause that's teh only two things that can be the source of the problem as I can think off, sorry..!!
smile.gif

Alright guys, I have an LU64 wii with 3.4 system menu installed stock. I realize that theres a fix and stuff but I looked around and I'm quite confused on how to mod these Wiis correctly. Someone please give me a good way to do it, all the softmod guides I read for that model dont help

Well is it a little bit simple if you know what this apps are and how to use them:

Install HBC (Hoembrew Channel) with twilight hack or bannerbomb it doesn't matter at all
Use WiiPower's Wad Manager IOS Selectable to install IOS16-64-v257.wad
reboot the Wii and load Wad Manager, this time select IOS16 to hang off
Install a cIOS in .wad fomat (cIOS_fix.wad or ios249_r7.wad or ios249_r10.wad)
Use the cIOS36_r10 installer to get a newer cIOS
Use Firmware Downgrader and IOS downgrader to Downgrade to 3.2
do whatever you please from here...!!
smile.gif

becker2384

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been away for awhile and I've come back and tried to get back into the swing of things but I'm not really sure where to start. Well When I started doing this stuff I was @ 3.3U. I NEVER updated and have never had a problem playing any of my backups even Punch Out. But I can't put any Wii Points on my Wii for songs on guitar hero and such.

I using the gamma Wiigator backup loader and one of the origninal channels (WAD?) that came out for it. Since then the Gamecube boot loader has came out and passed me by
frown.gif
. along with a few updates and the such. I'd also like to know how to put multiple GC games on one disk to play.

Now I had like 20 channels of different VC stuff and Injected wads and homebrew but would rather use like a SNES channel and load from a disk or my SD. or even one of those forwardsers I read about.

Whats the Healthii REALLY do? How about Bootmii, or hackmii. Is any of this really nescessary. Probably not but I might like to do a custom system menu? How involved is that?

Sorry if there's too many questions because I let myself get too rusty but After reading the forums a FEW times I feel like I went around in circles a little bit. I just need a little direction! Any help is greatly appreciated!

rad.i.kal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
becker2384 said:
I've been away for awhile and I've come back and tried to get back into the swing of things but I'm not really sure where to start. Well When I started doing this stuff I was @ 3.3U. I NEVER updated and have never had a problem playing any of my backups even Punch Out. But I can't put any Wii Points on my Wii for songs on guitar hero and such.

I using the gamma Wiigator backup loader and one of the origninal channels (WAD?) that came out for it. Since then the Gamecube boot loader has came out and passed me by
frown.gif
. along with a few updates and the such. I'd also like to know how to put multiple GC games on one disk to play.

Now I had like 20 channels of different VC stuff and Injected wads and homebrew but would rather use like a SNES channel and load from a disk or my SD. or even one of those forwardsers I read about.

Whats the Healthii REALLY do? How about Bootmii, or hackmii. Is any of this really nescessary. Probably not but I might like to do a custom system menu? How involved is that?

Sorry if there's too many questions because I let myself get too rusty but After reading the forums a FEW times I feel like I went around in circles a little bit. I just need a little direction! Any help is greatly appreciated!

bootmii makes it so your wii loads without the wii menu! Its quite nice, makes it so you dont have to worry about what version your wii is and you can do whatever homebrew you want.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
becker2384 said:

I using the gamma Wiigator backup loader and one of the origninal channels (WAD?) that came out for it. New versions have 002fix, so if you don't have it, you can find some channels on the boards
smile.gif

Since then the Gamecube boot loader has came out and passed me by
frown.gif
. along with a few updates and the such. I'd also like to know how to put multiple GC games on one disk to play. Newest GC launcher is the GC backup launcher 2.0 by wiigator. For multidiscs use this

Now I had like 20 channels of different VC stuff and Injected wads and homebrew but would rather use like a SNES channel and load from a disk or my SD. or even one of those forwarders I read about. There are many nice channels on the boards. For example: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149966. Not all channels are animated. Some channels are forwarders. Check out the wii - emulation board

Whats the Healthii REALLY do? Replace your healthscreen (the one that says press A) with a custom one
How about Bootmii, or hackmii. Is any of this really nescessary. Probably not but I might like to do a custom system menu? How involved is that?
Bootmii is a program that can unbrick your wii and more. It is advised to install it. The Hackmii installer installs bootmii and HBC 1.0.3
To get a custom wii theme (cSM) you need the softmii tweak toy. Visit http://softmii.org for more info

muuh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I hope someone can help me...
I downloaded and installed the PAL Zelda Majoras Mask wad on my PAL system, but everytime I start it, I get sent back to the Wii menu. What do I need to do to fix this?

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Quick question.

I have a system with 3.2U firmware and preloader and starfall installed.

Will it work to install a NTSC-J Wiiware?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
muuh said:
I downloaded and installed the PAL Zelda Majoras Mask wad on my PAL system, but everytime I start it, I get sent back to the Wii menu. What do I need to do to fix this?
Did you install IOS53 ?

sonny615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Not sure if hacking the Wii for about two years now makes me a n00b but I was lazy to start a new topic for this.

Anyway, does the USB drive has to be formatted in FAT32 in order to play media files from the Wii? I'm not talking about games, for which WBFS is needed. Only media from, let's say, MPlayer CE.

Is there any way to make NTFS work?

muuh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tj_cool said:
muuh said:
Did you install IOS53 ?
No I didn`t... I didn´t know I had to do that as I couldn´t find a tutorial. So where can I get it?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sonny615 said:
Not sure if hacking the Wii for about two years now makes me a n00b but I was lazy to start a new topic for this.

Anyway, does the USB drive has to be formatted in FAT32 in order to play media files from the Wii? I'm not talking about games, for which WBFS is needed. Only media from, let's say, MPlayer CE.

Is there any way to make NTFS work?
nope only FAT(32)

muuh said:
tj_cool said:
QUOTE(muuh @ Jun 1 2009, 11:26 AM) Hi, I hope someone can help me...
Did you install IOS53 ?
No I didn`t... I didn´t know I had to do that as I couldn´t find a tutorial. So where can I get it?
Google for IOS53-64-v5149.wad download or use the NUS downloader (the codes are 0000000100000035 and v5149)

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
donchen said:
Quick question.

I also have a D2CKey installed if that helps.

If i have Region Free channels, does it mean my wiiware can be from any region?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
donchen said:
donchen said:
Quick question.

Yes, you can change your region. I dunno why you'd want that though. One mistake and its byebye wii (so make a bootmii nand backup)
You'll have to find a tutorial on how to do it
And yeah you have region free wiiware

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
tj_cool said:
donchen said:
donchen said:
Quick question.

Yes, you can change your region. I dunno why you'd want that though. One mistake and its byebye wii (so make a bootmii nand backup)
You'll have to find a tutorial on how to do it
And yeah you have region free wiiware

I think you misunderstand me. Or perhaps its because i phrased it badly. Sorry about it.

I meant i have a 3.2U Firmware wii with starfall, preloader and D2CKey installed.

Now, i have a copy of a wiiware that is of a Japanese region. So i am wondering if it is safe to install on my wii and will it be able to play or i need to change the region of the wiiware?

I DO NOT want to change the region of my wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp