Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Lemeshianos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks razorwing. I'll first install the cios and then wait for things to clear a little before choosing one of the loaders.
Do all loaders comply with the compatibility list for devices?

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUESTION???
---------------

I have a hard drive connected to my wii for use with usbloader which works fine but my problem is i also want to be able to store roms for emulators , music and films.

So i made 2 partitions one with fat/fat32 and the other wbfs for wii games , the wbfs partition works fine with out any issues but the fat/fat32 partition doesn't work!

When ever i try to run snes or nes or media players it just can't find the usb, But if i connect my other h/d which has only 1 partition in fat/fat32 it works fine on all emulators and media that support usb!

So my question is this: Can you have 2 partitions on 1 h/d and run wii games and also emulators/media from it and if so what have i done wrong for it not to be working?

The fat/fat32 partition does work on my pc and the wbfss partition also works on my pc through WBFS Manager 2.5 so any ideas?

cheers, paul

dazz159

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing i could suggest m8 is try the fat/fat32 partition as the first partition if you havent done already, as that is what ive got and it works with emulators, mplayer, usbloader.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lemeshianos said:
Also I want to ask if I have to remove the cIOS that I already have install before installing v10 or if it's not required.
just install rev10 it will overwrite the previous

Posts merged

QUOTE(omanish @ Apr 23 2009, 08:25 AM) Using a NTSC Wii and was wondering when a backup game loads and flashes green when booting is that an indication of anything?

(Note the game still boots up goes to title screen etc and works perfectly)

all games do this when using the backup loader.Its just what it does.

I get purple flashes as well as green on some games.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Also I want to ask if I have to remove the cIOS that I already have install before installing v10 or if it's not required.

Just update no need to remove anything!

QUOTEThe only thing i could suggest m8 is try the fat/fat32 partition as the first partition if you havent done already, as that is what ive got and it works with emulators, mplayer, usbloader.

Ok ill try that but its going to be a pain with 50+ wii games on there! any suggestions to moe the partitions around without having to reformat and add all those wii games again?

cheers... paul

Qlczas

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
afif95 said:
I don't think there's an exploit for 4.0. Else, there'd be gazillions of topics regarding the new exploit. I think you might be talking about Twilight Hack (A hacked Zelda save).

There ain't no exploit about Zelda - NES or Mario - NES.

And there ain't no Twilight Hack for 4.0. Wait for bannerbomb ( A true, confirmed exploit)

I was talking about the bannerbomb,
but what about it functionality?

so what are these?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bCi0flUyDU

and the files with zelda from NES
http://wiihomebrewonfirmware40.12see.de/

and how to use the above:
buy zelda from nes,
move it to sd card,
on pc - exchange the zelda with files from the link,
and start the zelda from SD menu in your Wii - this should start the HBC instalation

but console says that "this channel cannot be launched"
it's because your wii has other "key value" in the bin file

and the same thing but whit mario bros:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tojj3jyoktt/I_AGREE_sd.rar#

Canuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
afif95 said:
Directed at Canook btw.

Cioscorp allows you to boot backups through disc channel, but a few downsides:

1)Speed is limited in 3x (Before you ask, it won't be fixed, it can't) (And yea, 3x makes FMVs stutter)

2)It is not region-free (Which is bad because there are certain exclusives)

What I would recommend is getting both
wink.gif
(Modchip and Softmod). Then you'd play with USB Loader (Which is cool). Then you'd be just like me
biggrin.gif

Thanks, I think I will do both

Cue2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you might be able to tell I'm new to all this. So I've been reading through the guides and have got as far as having the HBC up and running.
Before I start experimenting any further I want to protect myself from getting bricked.

I wanted to ask about cIOS and IOS's because there are some things I still don't understand.

Questions

1) does more than one IOS, cIOS co-exist on a Wii system?
2) what is the difference between cIOS v36r10 and v37r3 (which should I hunt down)
3) are system menu version and IOS version independent.
4) I have read that preloader provides some form of protection because it loads before the system menu so if your system menu fails to load you can still recover somehow. What should I never mess with once I have preloader set-up or am I free to experiment on my wii to my hearts content without fear.

Thanks in advance

PS: why does the FAQs link on the main page not work for me
unsure.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Cue2 said:
1) does more than one IOS, cIOS co-exist on a Wii system?
There are many different IOS on the system, and they all have a different purpose
2) what is the difference between cIOS v36r10 and v37r3 (which should I hunt down)
As I said in 1: they have a different purpose. cIOS36 is for backups and IOS37 for something else (at least i think)
3) are system menu version and IOS version independent.
Every sytemmenu has its own IOS. As long as you have the IOS, you can load the systemmenu (if its not corrupt)
4) I have read that preloader provides some form of protection because it loads before the system menu so if your system menu fails to load you can still recover somehow true. What should I never mess with once I have preloader set-up or am I free to experiment on my wii to my hearts content without fear.
There isn't really something that preloader itself will do, but don't mess to much with the settings

Cue2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks tj_cool, that clears some things up.

As for the second question, the reason I asked was because I had read that I needed cIOSv36 or higher and thought that cIOSv37 was its successor making cIOSv36 obsolete. I guess I will just hunt down both then. Thanks again.

1 more question does this then mean if I perform an official firmware update it will overwrite some IOSs and even some cIOS or simply create new ones?

Geddes321

Trophies
XP
Country
I've got stuck between 3.4 and upgrading to 4.0. The system shows 3.4e but I can't get HBC to work - when I run HBC it boots back to system menu. From reading one of the other guides it mentions that it might be due to a missing IOS file.

I've run anytitle deleter and got a list of IOS's can anyone tell me if I'm missing a file or if there is a guide to downgrading back to 3.2 without running HBC?

List of IOS's

5 16 254 51 10 50 36
28 22 14 37 33 35 34
31 20 30 21 17 15 13
12 11 9 4

Other stuff title deleter shows (in case it's a root of my prob!)
mios
bc
sysmenu

WinstonWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings. I just got into the rom/emulator thing a couple of weeks ago with my DSi.

I have already upgraded to 4.0, I did it before I knew I shouldn't. I have a couple questions for Wii emulation:

1. If I buy a new Wii, will it still have 3.4?
2. Can I xfer VC games from my current Wii to my new one?
3. Can you still play games online with 3.4 or do you have to upgrade?
4. Can you buy games from the VC with 3.4, so you don't have to upgrade to 4.0?0
5. Is there any other way to "downgrade" now other than getting a new Wii at the store?

Thanks in advance for your help, this is a great site.

WW

toastert2003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm going to get a swift ass kicking for this, but here goes nothing:

I was pretty up on things w/ the twilight hack and wads and things, all the way up through gamma and the gamecube loader. However, I have been busy playing games and working and I just recently found out that there is usb loaders available. Where in the world do I start? Seems like there are a million of them, and I'm not sure how to go about it. I would like the most stable version/best one out there but it seems, from reading up on some of them that they all seem to claim to be "the best".. Can someone point me to a good one, that has a good readme/walkthrough and has a list of what i'll need?

Thanks in advance, I know this has to have been asked a million times, but I just keep finding more questions and less answers.

xr_rider

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very new but a good grasp on Wii software modifications.
This is my issue:
2 days ago downgraded from 3.4U to 3.2U and all went well. Installed Homebrew 1.0.1 and currently has IOS36 V12.18. I installed backup loader and able to play backedup games and use many other applications.

I'm trying to install SDUSB_loader_v1.5, dvdx and Mplayer (tried mplayer-ce, mplayer-wii). Anyway I've tried to do it I get errors. For example:
DVD stub Installer v0.2
Error - 2011 installing DVD stub ticket
Error - 2011 installing stub

In the WAD folder there are the following installed wads:
IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
IOS38-64-v3609.wad

Maybe I'm going about it all wrong and any help would be appreciated. My goal is to be able to (1) Play Origional DVDs from the dvd drive (backup up DVD-r would be even better) and (2) Use my 30gb FAT usb drive to store movie files and play them through the Wii. I would be REALLY impressed If I could use my 1TB FAT drive to play movies of different formats and be able to store and play my backed up games from it?

I read many how to's and watched many Youtube videos (which is how I learned to downgrade the Wii and install the homebrew channel) and I doesn't seem to go as smoothly as the videos show.

Thanks

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Does anyone know how to patch Metroid Prime Wii de Abosu JAP to english? Or can anyone direct me to a topic that discusses this? I tried searching for it, but I couldn't find a thing
frown.gif

RamsusXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I have a softmodded Wii with 3.2U. I merely want to access the Wii Shop channel, which as of the 4.0 update, I cannot do so. I don't really care for the SD channel as I do not have any large SD cards anyway.

What exactly do I need to get access to the Wii Shop without updating?

If it helps I only have IOS16, 38 and 55.

Edit: And if I did want the SD channel what would I have to do for that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1