Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
I think this site is a little better for emulators:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators

and wtf wiibrew.com ??

I prefer Homebrew Browser which can be loaded off the Homebrew Channel itself if one does not wish to mess with outdated versions and non-working tools/games. Wiibrew.com links directly to the Wii section of Brewology.com, what of it...?

arose1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings folks,

True noobie here at least when it comes to this forum. So, I have a Wii 3.2 and have yet to jump into the homebrew family. I was hoping that the Twilightless exploit was real so I wouldn't have to rent/buy the game but most likely it isn't. I have tried finding the best tutorial in this forum for installing the homebrew channel, the USB loader, Gecko, and how to install wads but truly I am lost. I cannot seem to find a tutorial with an actual link to any installer. So if someone could be so kind and patient as to help a noobie out in finding this information I would be grateful.

Thanks

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd help Yuu, but I can't. No cIOS files allowed, but you can easily find it on other sites, such as wiibrew.org. Yuu do need to rent/buy the game to get HBC working on a Wii other than 4.0U/4.0J/4.0E, sorry.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Knyaz Vladimir said:
I am new to hacking the Wii, so I ask people. Where can I start making Wii homebrew? I had HBC installed for about 2 weeks.
Do you want to make Homebrew, or install some homebrew? If its the first thing, you'll need devkit pro. If its the second you want, you'll have to be a bit more specific in what you want and what not. Theres a lot you can choose:

-emulators
-wii backups (with launcher/disc channel)
-gc backups (also launcher/disc channel)
-usb loader

QUOTE(arose1980 @ Apr 18 2009, 07:45 PM) Greetings folks,

True noobie here at least when it comes to this forum. So, I have a Wii 3.2 and have yet to jump into the homebrew family. I was hoping that the Twilightless exploit was real so I wouldn't have to rent/buy the game but most likely it isn't. I have tried finding the best tutorial in this forum for installing the homebrew channel, the USB loader, Gecko, and how to install wads but truly I am lost. I cannot seem to find a tutorial with an actual link to any installer. So if someone could be so kind and patient as to help a noobie out in finding this information I would be grateful.

Thanks
The exploit without the twilight hack IS real, only its not done yet (you can decide to wait or use the twilight hack now)
Installing the Homebrew channel is not difficult
All files are at http://hbc.hackmii.com
Copy the twilight hack (beta1) of your region to your wii. Put the Homebrew channel installer (boot.dol) in the root of the sd card. Then start twilight princess, talk to the guy you see and the hack will do the rest (follow on screen instructions)

If you have the Homebrew channel, you can run all the apps you want with it. Just place the apps on your sd card in the 'apps' folder
Files needed for usb loader are at http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko
Install cIOS36r10 (or r9 if you dont need SD loading), then run the usb loader from the Homebrew Channel

igboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I originally meant to post this here, but I messed up and posted it as a new topic.

I've been using a 2GB SD Card for my Wii, but now I'd like to transfer all my VC stuff to a larger card.

Can I just directly copy the files from the old card to the new one, or do I need to transfer through the Wii menu?

Thankx,
igboo

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings, I have finished installing the new System 4.0 guide with CIOSCORP version 2, how do I get other region games to work?

I have Preloader .29 but the hacks included don't have more than just ignore update.

EDIT: I found .29 preloader hacks like region free and the out of region backups don't show up on the disc channel. I have a USA Wii.

Geddes321

Trophies
XP
Country
Noob problem here
ohmy.gif

I ran into a problem with the ultimate guide to upgrading to 4.0 and the homebrew channel has stopped working. Can't remember at what point it stopped working but now when I click start it reboots the wii menu before getting to the app list.

I thought no problem I'll reinstall HBC, but when I got to the reinstall I got a warning from HBC that said:

I'm running under IOS34 12.15
You have wii system menu version 386 (v24 EUR) installed
Homebrew channel has only been tested with wii system menu 354 (v22) and below

I've been running 3.4E for a while and on the wii menu it still says 3.4E, but I assume I'm halfway between versions.

Any tips for getting back to a point where I can get back to running HBC, and possibly downgrading to 3.2 so I can complete the upgrade? I've seen the front end of zelda enough times in the last couple of hours to last a lifetime.

GizmoDVD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running a modded Wii (old Wiinja 2 chip) with Wii Firmware 3.3u and already have the Homebrew channel installed to the latest version (1.0.1 IOS26 V4.18). How do I get my Wii 'up to date' on all the new stuff? My Homebrew channel only lists CIOS37 Downgrader, Wad Manager, xyzzy and Starfall.

Thanks
smile.gif

Savestheday

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of noob questions:

1) Finally got the downgrader to work, and subsequently the usb loader to work. Now can I delete all the downgrader crap from my memory card? All I need to leave is the emulators, usb loader, and homebrew channel right?

2) How do I safely update my firmware so I can play current games? Is going through Nintendo ok now since I have the hbc installed?

Sorry if the questions are stupid, the only other console I've modded was a psp, and you can't get the firmware update from sony.

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Savestheday said:

1) Finally got the downgrader to work, and subsequently the usb loader to work. Now can I delete all the downgrader crap from my memory card? All I need to leave is the emulators, usb loader, and homebrew channel right?

2) How do I safely update my firmware so I can play current games? Is going through Nintendo ok now since I have the hbc installed?

Sorry if the questions are stupid, the only other console I've modded was a psp, and you can't get the firmware update from sony.

1. Ya just delete the downgrader folders

2. Yes but make sure you install CIOS first ( there is ways to update without, but its just alot of work ). ( cios36 rev 9 or rev 10 )

Sportsmaniac1322 said:
I have another question. When installing cioscorp on 4.0, the ultimate guide says to "install the cios wads". Should these be installed with the cioscorp 1.01 installer, or should each one be individually installed with wad manager?

It doesnt matter. I think the cios installer is faster though.

QUOTE(igboo @ Apr 18 2009, 12:54 PM)
Hi, I originally meant to post this here, but I messed up and posted it as a new topic.

I've been using a 2GB SD Card for my Wii, but now I'd like to transfer all my VC stuff to a larger card.

Can I just directly copy the files from the old card to the new one, or do I need to transfer through the Wii menu?

Thankx,
igboo

Just use the computer, it works fine

D

Deleted User

igboo said:

Thankx,
igboo

WAD or the "private" folder?

If it's WAD, just copy the wad folder and paste it into the bigger one.

If it's the "private" folder, just copy the folder (along with its contents) into the bigger SD Card.

MrBubbles said:
Greetings, I have finished installing the new System 4.0 guide with CIOSCORP version 2, how do I get other region games to work?

I have Preloader .29 but the hacks included don't have more than just ignore update.

EDIT: I found .29 preloader hacks like region free and the out of region backups don't show up on the disc channel. I have a USA Wii.

I don't think there's "Region Free" hack as of yet.

Keep on waiting, Softmii is coming (Before you guys go and flame me, it allows region-free backup loading from disc channel)

Sportsmaniac1322 said:
I have another question. When installing cioscorp on 4.0, the ultimate guide says to "install the cios wads". Should these be installed with the cioscorp 1.01 installer, or should each one be individually installed with wad manager?
Hmm.... I think you should try cioscorp 1.01 installer first. If it fails, install individually with WAD Manager.

Geddes321 said:
Noob problem here
ohmy.gif

I ran into a problem with the ultimate guide to upgrading to 4.0 and the homebrew channel has stopped working. Can't remember at what point it stopped working but now when I click start it reboots the wii menu before getting to the app list.

I thought no problem I'll reinstall HBC, but when I got to the reinstall I got a warning from HBC that said:

I'm running under IOS34 12.15
You have wii system menu version 386 (v24 EUR) installed
Homebrew channel has only been tested with wii system menu 354 (v22) and below

I've been running 3.4E for a while and on the wii menu it still says 3.4E, but I assume I'm halfway between versions.

Any tips for getting back to a point where I can get back to running HBC, and possibly downgrading to 3.2 so I can complete the upgrade? I've seen the front end of zelda enough times in the last couple of hours to last a lifetime.

About that warning, just install it. Your Wii got back to 3.4E, so just install it.

Then, follow one of the downgrading guides here.

Posts merged

QUOTE(GizmoDVD @ Apr 19 2009, 05:53 AM)
I am running a modded Wii (old Wiinja 2 chip) with Wii Firmware 3.3u and already have the Homebrew channel installed to the latest version (1.0.1 IOS26 V4.18). How do I get my Wii 'up to date' on all the new stuff? My Homebrew channel only lists CIOS37 Downgrader, Wad Manager, xyzzy and Starfall.

Thanks
smile.gif

Depends on what you want with the 'up to date' since there's anti-bricking app, new emulators, new games, etc etc.

QUOTE(Savestheday @ Apr 19 2009, 07:31 AM)

1)Yes, you can.

2)No, don't do the update from Nintendo. Use the ultimate 4.0 guide.

Had to double post, more than allowed words D:.

Tybalt1212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I very recently bought a second-hand wii from someone who had received it as a christmas gift in 2008. After sealing the deal and bringing it home, I found, to my horror, that the 4.0 firmware had already been installed. I've lost hope that either the Twilight Hack or the Bannerbomb will come to fruition for 4.0, and the wording found in several sites leads me to hope that installation of the HBC might somehow be possible in 4.0 through the use of modchips. Is this the case? Many thanks in advance.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to what folder on the SD card are the games stored in that are put into the sd card channel? cause when i put the sd card in my wii, the wiiwares that show up are world of goo, LIT, and bomberman blast. when i insert it into the computer though, the wiiwares that appear in the [sd/mmc drive]=>G:\wad\ are bomberman blast, LIT, lostwinds, tetris party, toki tori, and world of goo. how come the wads that are shown in this folder do not appear in the sd card channel and what can i do to make it happen?

hawker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Thanks for the help getting USB Loader installed, have down that, now my next question:

I have USB Loader V1.5 installed
cIO36_Rev10 installed

Okay the USB Loader successfully formatted my 1 gig usb pen, tried dumping a Wii Sports to it but it sat at 0.01% for ages so I looked and suspected the pen was just too slow. So I used WBFS in windows to load the iso onto the pen. When I load USB Loader it finds the game fine,asks me if I want to load it, and when I choose yes it starts but just keeps saying Please Wait...

Is it normal or is it as I think my pen speed is just too slow and it would take forever to load?

Also anyone from the UK who has bought a USB drive that works, could they point me to where they got it and the model, jsut the links in the compatable list, the ones I have looked at anyway, when I look at a UK site they do not seem to look the same, can't afford to buy the wrong thing.

Cheers Everyone in advance, all help greatfully appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...