Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if a game is having framerate slowdowns, does that mean i have to burn at a higher speed or a lower speed? For example in the beginning of metal gear solid twin snakes the framerate drops significantly when you are being chased by the guards and the camera is at the side of snake. I burned it at 8x.

steam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
if a game is having framerate slowdowns, does that mean i have to burn at a higher speed or a lower speed? For example in the beginning of metal gear solid twin snakes the framerate drops significantly when you are being chased by the guards and the camera is at the side of snake. I burned it at 8x.
pretty sure the answer to this is lower speed...i had one/two games stutter and even crash...then went from 8x to 4x and performance improved. ..in fact, now i burn at 2x/3x with imgburn and games run like retail disks

Posts merged

thanks for the all the replies people!

joenels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi…I have failed trying to dongrade/install gamma loader.I have fw 3.4u and installed HBC fine,went to wad manager and installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad with no errors and rebooted,went to custom WM and ran cios_fix.wad with no errors and rebooted.when I go to IOS DOWNGRADER V1.1,I press load and it goes to black screen and locks up.I also now get the black screen lockup on wad manager.I am able to run custom wad manager but uninstalls of anything give me a error 1017 although reinstalls of cios fix and ios16 run fine with no errors.I have attempted to use anytitle deleter to delete ios249 but i get an error on startup of anytitle deleter also 1017.games still play fine on thewii but I cant go forward or back on the downgrade.any ideas?

craig2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
is there any way to play movie dvds in the wii? iv installed softmii and it dosent have this in with it.... basically i want to put a movie in... and then go into the wii disc channel... and then start the wii movie.. any way of this?

scooby74

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. Total noob looking for some answers please, have searched but cannot find what i need to know.

my wii is 3.2e was 3.4e. followed djtaz's Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma with 002 fix tut 23rd Dec 08 (thanks djtaz)
also installed safe update 3.3
i have installed starfall today and chose the last 3 options.
prior to installing starfall i used IOS patcher and WiiBrickBlocker on all my backups

what i would like to know is;
1. Can i use all the original preloaded channels like the weather, mii and shopping, and also wii fit channel and pokemon ranch which were downloaded.
and
2. Can i still play all my original games on the disc channel.

hawker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
scooby74 said:
Hi guys. Total noob looking for some answers please, have searched but cannot find what i need to know.

my wii is 3.2e was 3.4e. followed djtaz's Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma with 002 fix tut 23rd Dec 08 (thanks djtaz)
prior to installing starfall i used IOS patcher and WiiBrickBlocker on all my backups

1. Can i use all the original preloaded channels like the weather, mii and shopping, and also wii fit channel and pokemon ranch which were downloaded.
and

hI

We have a similar setup, and original WiFit and it works fine. Also have more originals than other type and not had a single issue as of yet with any original game loaded through the disc channel.

scooby74

Trophies
XP
Country
hawker said:
scooby74 said:

and

hI

We have a similar setup, and original WiFit and it works fine. Also have more originals than other type and not had a single issue as of yet with any original game loaded through the disc channel.

thanks for that hawker, do you, or anyone else, know if it's the same for pokemon ranch channel (i think it's wiiware) because that channel connects and updates once a day every time you load it.

sorry should have made it more clear. is it safe to connect to the internet to use pokemon ranch and weather channel etc

Nada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Nada said:
ether2802 said:
Nada said:
Hi everyone

I know this question has been asked a lot, still I am at a loss what to do next.

Wii was and is now 3.1E (Mario Kart Update if I remember correctly), PAL, no wifi (atm).
HBC 1.0.1 installed through twilight hack without a problem from 2GB Sandisk.
Next I installed cIOS_Installer (rev 7 it said on Wii) with files I got from WiiGators Blog (17 Files, in Folder 00000001 than folder 00000024 than folder v1042 on root of SD card). Worked fine.
Next I start Backup_Launcher, 0.3 Gamma (no 002 fix). Said IOS249 at the bottom of screen.
ISO Files are PAL, 4.37 GB (unpatched) nothing done to it. 2 totally different games, both are green without comments on PAL & NTSC in the compatibility wiki.
Burned with ImgBurn, tried 16x and 4x on Emtec DVD-R. Burn with verify successful.
Error Code from Backup Launcher 324 (the common one:/).
Original Zelda launches from Backup Launcher without a problem.
Tried 0.3 Gamma with 002 fix. Now I get an error code 349 (which weirdly enough seems to be the same as error 324...?)
Tried a DVD+R, didn't work. Last things I can think of is getting some Verbatin DVD-R, updating my firmware to 3.2 or 3.3 (not quite sure what that should matter as my ISO is older than Mario Kart) or messing around with the IOS (I keep reading tips about deleting it etc. but I don't really feel like that, as I read nothing of the sort in any serious guides...).

If anybody can think of anything, I would be interested to hear:) Thanks in advance already!

Well I know exactly what your problem is and I'll quote it:
QUOTE.....16x and 4x on Emtec DVD-R......

That's it, use the BEST brands of DVD's (Sony Verbatim Tayo-Yuden) and if you use DVD+R remember to set the book type to DVD-ROM, believe it or not the quality of the media it is very very very very very important here, unless you use a ModChip, check the Disc ID of your DVD's on ImgBurn and compare it with Da' List, you can only use all the 1st class media, and some 2nd class media, not all...!!
smile.gif

Thanks a lot for your fast reply. I didn't know that site or the info about the disc manufacturer. Now as I said, I will still try buying some verbatim. Out of interest I used imgburn to check the manufacturer id of my Emtec discs - according to imgburn, it is MCC 03RG20. This means, if I read that site you posted correctly, that I am burning on a 1ST CLASS MEDIA disc by Mitsubishi, which should work?
So I am a bit afraid that my verbatim purchase will be for nothing:/

On a side note, I quoted on word (disc id) in your post bold - because I have a value there too from Imgburn, but as far as I can understand from the site you posted, I need the manufacturer (they call it media) ID? Hope I am not misunderstand you.

For people who find this post via the search button and need an answer to the same problem: Buying Verbatim DVD-R (produced in india) solved the problem. The price of those DVD-Rs for 10 is 25% higher than 25 Emtec, but they work. Lesson learned: 1. Don't just look at the manufacturer ID on your disc 2. Disc quality differences do exist:)

jdwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this is a super noob question, but how do I install wads of different types? I got some old games I d/l'ed as part of a pack with a bunch of game wads. (Original Zelda N#S.) Can I just use wad manager to install these, or is there another safe process to use?

Also, when I install them, do they then come up on the wii menu as channels, or how do I go about playing them? I just thought I'd ask to make sure that wad games are common, and not just some internet crap I d/l'ed. Thank you for any advice ahead of time.
smile.gif

Sajiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a quick question...

Does anyone know where I can find the emulators for the homebrew channel? I have GameCube Homebrew dics that has Sega, SNES, NES, Turbo Grafx, etc on them but they only work with WiiKey modded Wii, they didn't seem to work on the SoftMii'd Wii.

So I just want to play some old school games, wondering where I can find emulators since my GC Homebrew disks don't work on the new SoftMii'd Wii.

Also when adding games can I burn them to disc or will they have to be loaded on a memory card?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sajiko said:
I have a quick question...

Does anyone know where I can find the emulators for the homebrew channel? I have GameCube Homebrew dics that has Sega, SNES, NES, Turbo Grafx, etc on them but they only work with WiiKey modded Wii, they didn't seem to work on the SoftMii'd Wii.

So I just want to play some old school games, wondering where I can find emulators since my GC Homebrew disks don't work on the new SoftMii'd Wii.

Also when adding games can I burn them to disc or will they have to be loaded on a memory card?
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators
some, but not all support loading from DVD

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best cmios for gamecube backups to run from the disc channel? Right now I'm using waninkoko's cmios but whenever I launch a gamecube game from the disc channel i get a green screen for a brief second, the same thing even happens to legit gcn games. I'm tried wiigator's but everytime i launch it from the disc channel the tv loses video with the wii for a brief second and the wii restarts. What do i download and install for gamecube games and backups to launch normally without the green screen?

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
1) If I install VC or WW games through the Twilight Hack by using a wad installer (like Wad manager), then I use a wad uninstaller later to delete it later, will that erase any trace left that would prove I installed the VC/WW game? I mean, if I uninstall them every time I go online, then will Nintendo be able to tell I had them installed?
2) Same about the HBC. Can it be uninstalled without leaving any trace, returning my Wii to the state it was before I installed it?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
GameGeek said:
1) If I install VC or WW games through the Twilight Hack by using a wad installer (like Wad manager), then I use a wad uninstaller later to delete it later, will that erase any trace left that would prove I installed the VC/WW game? I mean, if I uninstall them every time I go online, then will Nintendo be able to tell I had them installed?
No trace will be left behind if you uninstall WW/VC with the wad manager or any title deleter
2) Same about the HBC. Can it be uninstalled without leaving any trace, returning my Wii to the state it was before I installed it?
just delete it in the wii data management and it will be gone

joenels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joenels said:
Hi…I have failed trying to dongrade/install gamma loader.I have fw 3.4u and installed HBC fine,went to wad manager and installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad with no errors and rebooted,went to custom WM and ran cios_fix.wad with no errors and rebooted.when I go to IOS DOWNGRADER V1.1,I press load and it goes to black screen and locks up.I also now get the black screen lockup on wad manager.I am able to run custom wad manager but uninstalls of anything give me a error 1017 although reinstalls of cios fix and ios16 run fine with no errors.I have attempted to use anytitle deleter to delete ios249 but i get an error on startup of anytitle deleter also 1017.games still play fine on thewii but I cant go forward or back on the downgrade.any ideas?

nobody?games play fine but want to use my backups...getting black screen/lockup in wad manager and ios downgrader and dont know how to fix it!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
JJBro1 said:
What is the best cmios for gamecube backups to run from the disc channel? Right now I'm using waninkoko's cmios but whenever I launch a gamecube game from the disc channel i get a green screen for a brief second, the same thing even happens to legit gcn games. I'm tried wiigator's but everytime i launch it from the disc channel the tv loses video with the wii for a brief second and the wii restarts. What do i download and install for gamecube games and backups to launch normally without the green screen?

Use the legit MIOSv8 and use legit GC copies, I do too have that brief green screen before loading any game...!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
mrgarrison said:
Hi all. i didn't want to take up space with another pointless thread, so i will ask in here. I read on here a while back that there is a way to make backups play from the disk channel instead of having to boot into HBC and use softchip. Anyone know where it is? i keep lookin i'm just coming up empty handed. Thanks
smile.gif

Softmii.org

QUOTE said:

Try re-formating your SD and eject it properly so no corruption is involved, try using the cIOS downgrader first instead of the IOS downgrader, and try installing the cIOS249_r.wad instead of the cIOS_fix, try starting over cause at some point you did something you shouldn't...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
is there any way to play movie dvds in the wii? iv installed softmii and it dosent have this in with it.... basically i want to put a movie in... and then go into the wii disc channel... and then start the wii movie.. any way of this?

there is no way of starting a DVD movie from the disc channel, but you can put the app in your SD and install a forwarder channel to MPlayer_CE and that is the nearest as you can be to load a movie from the Disc Channel...!!
smile.gif

thanks for that hawker, do you, or anyone else, know if it's the same for pokemon ranch channel (i think it's wiiware) because that channel connects and updates once a day every time you load it.

sorry should have made it more clear. is it safe to connect to the internet to use pokemon ranch and weather channel etc.

To update the Wii you need to go to the settings and perform an UPDATE, the channel can and will update itself if there is info involving Wi-Fi, like the music store in GH:WT, so resuming, the only only only only only way to UPDATE the Wii's firmware (Eg. 3.2 - 3.3 - 3.4) you need to do it from the Wii Settings

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
jdwo said:
I know this is a super noob question, but how do I install wads of different types? I got some old games I d/l'ed as part of a pack with a bunch of game wads. (Original Zelda N#S.) Can I just use wad manager to install these, or is there another safe process to use?

Also, when I install them, do they then come up on the wii menu as channels, or how do I go about playing them? I just thought I'd ask to make sure that wad games are common, and not just some internet crap I d/l'ed. Thank you for any advice ahead of time.
smile.gif

Use Wad Manager 1.3 to install this files, they will install as channels in your main menu, make sure they are region free or your same region and you have a back door to fix the Wii if they are corrupted and brick your console, preloader is the most recomendable..!!
smile.gif

joenels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try re-formating your SD and eject it properly so no corruption is involved, try using the cIOS downgrader first instead of the IOS downgrader, and try installing the cIOS249_r.wad instead of the cIOS_fix, try starting over cause at some point you did something you shouldn't...!!
smile.gif

reformatted and ejected properly,cios downgrader gives same black screen/lockup.havent found cios249_r.wad but will look for it.only app that seems to work now under homebrew is custom wad manager...can I use that to install the cios249?I wish I could just start over...cant due to not being able to get into wad manager.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o