Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Another Madworld question. OK, I have a wiikey2 installed, it runs perfectly when I try to play it through normal game channel means, but when I try to use Ocarina with it, I get error 002. So I looked around and found that my Wii needed IOS55, except I (think) I have it after it got installed from Sonic and the Black Knight.

So does anybody else have any ideas?

EtanSivad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've tried searching the posts for an answer to this, but haven't really found anything that answers the question.
I have a launch Wii and started with Ios 3.2u.
installed hombrew channel.
Installed the most recent Cios
Installed the 0.3 gamma channel.

everything works great for running backups. (Thanks djtaz for the easy to follow guide!!
biggrin.gif
)

I put in my retail disc version of Mario Kart and I noticed that it's not reading as fast. For example the movies that play behind the menu text stutter a little bit. Or if I whip through selecting characters, the karts will show up as ? marks for the first 5 seconds.

I'd kind of expect slower read speeds with backups, but not retail discs. Is this normal, or is my drive on it's last legs?

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
joenels said:
QUOTE said:
Hi…I have failed trying to dongrade/install gamma loader.I have fw 3.4u and installed HBC fine,went to wad manager and installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad with no errors and rebooted,went to custom WM and ran cios_fix.wad with no errors and rebooted.when I go to IOS DOWNGRADER V1.1,I press load and it goes to black screen and locks up.I also now get the black screen lockup on wad manager.I am able to run custom wad manager but uninstalls of anything give me a error 1017 although reinstalls of cios fix and ios16 run fine with no errors.I have attempted to use anytitle deleter to delete ios249 but i get an error on startup of anytitle deleter also 1017.games still play fine on thewii but I cant go forward or back on the downgrade.any ideas?

Try re-formating your SD and eject it properly so no corruption is involved, try using the cIOS downgrader first instead of the IOS downgrader, and try installing the cIOS249_r.wad instead of the cIOS_fix, try starting over cause at some point you did something you shouldn't...!!
smile.gif

I fail.all applications in HBC other than custom wad manager or anytitle give me black screen lockup including cios uninstaller.not sure where I went wrong but have no idea how to start over if it wont let me run any homebrew apps.

Ah is your Wii new? Like around last christmas new?
It could be that, or it could be something else.

Check this thread here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=139977&st=15
Tell us if this is the problem you are encountering

Infection

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys,

Very newbie-ish question here. I've been using Wiikey 1st gen and my Wii is 3.3U, but I noticed that I kept having Disc Read Errors with new games like Sonic Unleashed, etc, so I'm keen to try out the softmod.

I'm planning to use the Twilight hack, but just wondering.. do I really need to have the ORIGINAL disc of TP, or can I just use a backup disc instead? From where I'm living, it's hard to get old original games like TP.. unless there are other alternatives?

D

Deleted User

Time for noob-time!!!:

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquilty freezes at certain parts. There's like, two backups (Of which I bought, I live in Malaysia) already.

If you asked, yes, I have IOS 38, 53 and 55.

I got the latest cIOS.

Anyway, to get to the problem, it happened when I pressed the "+" button (which is the button accessing the map), it happened when I accessed the bookshelf too.

I'm running on a modchip and softmod.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
So....after my wii was taken away for about 3 months, i was noobified and did not have a chance to follow the scene

the point: i own a hardmodded wii but i would want to have some of the feautures of softmod ones.

if i install softmii, or whatever is the best will my backups work 6x?

and will i have no more error 001/ 002 through the disc channel?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
squall23 said:
Another Madworld question. OK, I have a wiikey2 installed, it runs perfectly when I try to play it through normal game channel means, but when I try to use Ocarina with it, I get error 002. So I looked around and found that my Wii needed IOS55, except I (think) I have it after it got installed from Sonic and the Black Knight.

So does anybody else have any ideas?

instead of using Ocarina, I would recomend to use the Gamma Launcher, and install the latest cIOS36_r8, that info about IOS55 needed is wrong..!!
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
I have a "noob" question. What's trucha021?

Trucha Signer is a tool that lets you open an .iso file to extract or change info in it

QUOTE said:
So I've tried searching the posts for an answer to this, but haven't really found anything that answers the question.
I have a launch Wii and started with Ios 3.2u.
installed hombrew channel.
Installed the most recent Cios
Installed the 0.3 gamma channel.

everything works great for running backups. (Thanks djtaz for the easy to follow guide!! )

I put in my retail disc version of Mario Kart and I noticed that it's not reading as fast. For example the movies that play behind the menu text stutter a little bit. Or if I whip through selecting characters, the karts will show up as ? marks for the first 5 seconds.

I'd kind of expect slower read speeds with backups, but not retail discs. Is this normal, or is my drive on it's last legs?

It really shouldn't be doing this, are you using the disc channel to launch your retail discs..?? still if not I had no problems at all, maybe your discs are a little dirty or scratched

Is there any solutions to play dvd9 brwal using gamma? I use cIOS 36 r8 but still get read error. thank you

the read error should be fixed with cIOS36_r8, maybe it is your media or burn

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
Hi guys,

Very newbie-ish question here. I've been using Wiikey 1st gen and my Wii is 3.3U, but I noticed that I kept having Disc Read Errors with new games like Sonic Unleashed, etc, so I'm keen to try out the softmod.

I'm planning to use the Twilight hack, but just wondering.. do I really need to have the ORIGINAL disc of TP, or can I just use a backup disc instead? From where I'm living, it's hard to get old original games like TP.. unless there are other alternatives?

Well the disc read errors on softmod is because of bad media or burn, but if you're sure you're using the right media/speed, then do the softmod using a copy of the zelda TP, no need for a retail disc

QUOTE said:
Time for noob-time!!!:

Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquilty freezes at certain parts. There's like, two backups (Of which I bought, I live in Malaysia) already.

If you asked, yes, I have IOS 38, 53 and 55.

I got the latest cIOS.

Anyway, to get to the problem, it happened when I pressed the "+" button (which is the button accessing the map), it happened when I accessed the bookshelf too.

I'm running on a modchip and softmod.

I think this is one of those games that change of IOS on the fly, so It will be better to use your ModChip'd Wii and run the update in it

So....after my wii was taken away for about 3 months, i was noobified and did not have a chance to follow the scene
the point: i own a hardmodded wii but i would want to have some of the feautures of softmod ones.
if i install softmii, or whatever is the best will my backups work 6x?
and will i have no more error 001/ 002 through the disc channel?

Yes your backups will run at 6X from the disc channel if you have a ModChip, and the error 001 is because the game detects a ModChip, fixed with GWP1.2, or using a newer ModChip, error 002 is when the game is not being readen by the IOS requested by the game itself, this can be fixed either using a 002fix launcher, installing the IOS requested or GWP1.2 too, some launchers will need a cIOS, try installing the latest cIOS36_r8...!!
smile.gif

squall23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ether2802 said:
instead of using Ocarina, I would recomend to use the Gamma Launcher, and install the latest cIOS36_r8, that info about IOS55 needed is wrong..!!
wink.gif
Umm, why should I use Gamma Launcher when I have a wiikey2? Does the Gamma Launcher run Ocarina codes as well?

joenels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MicShadow said:
joenels said:
QUOTE said:
Hi…I have failed trying to dongrade/install gamma loader.I have fw 3.4u and installed HBC fine,went to wad manager and installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad with no errors and rebooted,went to custom WM and ran cios_fix.wad with no errors and rebooted.when I go to IOS DOWNGRADER V1.1,I press load and it goes to black screen and locks up.I also now get the black screen lockup on wad manager.I am able to run custom wad manager but uninstalls of anything give me a error 1017 although reinstalls of cios fix and ios16 run fine with no errors.I have attempted to use anytitle deleter to delete ios249 but i get an error on startup of anytitle deleter also 1017.games still play fine on thewii but I cant go forward or back on the downgrade.any ideas?

Try re-formating your SD and eject it properly so no corruption is involved, try using the cIOS downgrader first instead of the IOS downgrader, and try installing the cIOS249_r.wad instead of the cIOS_fix, try starting over cause at some point you did something you shouldn't...!!
smile.gif

I fail.all applications in HBC other than custom wad manager or anytitle give me black screen lockup including cios uninstaller.not sure where I went wrong but have no idea how to start over if it wont let me run any homebrew apps.

Ah is your Wii new? Like around last christmas new?
It could be that, or it could be something else.

Check this thread here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=139977&st=15
Tell us if this is the problem you are encountering

Just bought it last Friday.And that is the problem I am having...will read through that post and add my name to the list.I'm guessing there is no solution yet?

steam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is it possible to rip retail wii game to say a usbkey?..

cannot rip wii game in your PC dvd drive?...(put wii game in computers dvd drive and use some program to rip..)

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really quick questions.

What's the latest version of the Wii Backup Launcher?
Is it capable of playing copied games (like, get an original copy and burning it onto a blank DVD) without patching it?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
steam said:
So is it possible to rip retail wii game to say a usbkey?..

cannot rip wii game in your PC dvd drive?...(put wii game in computers dvd drive and use some program to rip..)

as I told you you can either to your PC via Wi-Fi or to the SD in the Wii, the USB is having troubles ATM, yes you can do it in your PC, but you need certain LG drives to read the Wii Optical Disc format (.wod) and a tool to extract the .iso...!!
smile.gif

QUOTEReally quick questions.

Is it capable of playing copied games (like, get an original copy and burning it onto a blank DVD) without patching it?

The latest version of the launcher is called Gamma 002fix and the cIOS needed is cIOS36_r8, if by patching you mean decrypting the .iso then no, the decrypting it is obsolete since november last year when 0.3beta came out, and there is a pack of apps that even makes your Wii run backups straight from the disc channel called softmii or MiiWii, they both are the same, but softmii team is now more dedicated to do themes for the menu..!!!
smile.gif

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
QUOTE said:
Really quick questions.

The latest version of the launcher is called Gamma 002fix and the cIOS needed is cIOS36_r8, if by patching you mean decrypting the .iso then no, the decrypting it is obsolete since november last year when 0.3beta came out, and there is a pack of apps that even makes your Wii run backups straight from the disc channel called softmii or MiiWii, they both are the same, but softmii team is now more dedicated to do themes for the menu..!!!
smile.gif

Wow, I'm so outdated right now. I'll be downloading the new Gamma 002fix but what exactly is cIOS? I keep hearing this, but I never really researched it. I'm going to downgrade my Wii to 3.2 as soon as I get home and install Gamma 002fix onto my Wii but how do I install the cIOS?

Sajiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a quick question with reference to Emulators. I've loaded them all on my SD card but I want to boot a FULL list of games from a DVD disc. I read that they have to be in ISO9660 format? I don't exactly know what that means... I cannot just burn the games to the disc and play them? The DVD has to me made a special way? Any help is greatly appreicated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But you said pine apple...