heidi2986 said:
timishu said:
Ok, so I am currently using this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446

to downgrade my Wii.

But before looking at this guide, I used this guide:

http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112945

to change my Wii's IOS.

Because I have the downgraded IOS, what do I have to downgrade my Wii to 3.2? The main reason I'm posting here is because no seems to respond to that thread anymore. (Preemptive apologizes to afif95, I am still stuck)

Here are my Conflicts:

I have already installed both IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and cIOS_fix.wad.

I have already ran the IOS downgrader.

I have already ran Shop Install IOS51.

I have an original copy of Animal Crossing City Folk, but I do not know what I need to do to play it.

Which apps do I run in what order?
Hi there,
Thank you so much for the info you provided here, I have managed to get my Wii Backup Launcher working, it has installed the correct IOS files to allow cIOS installer to do its work.
But just wanted to ask, if you have an original copy of a game, this should work on your Wii unless its for a different region. Is it? or do you mean it is a copy of an original? (backup)

Anyway I cant thank you more for providing the links you did, as I have spent days trying to get my Wii to work as I wanted it to!!!!

If it is a Backup you are trying to play, just let me know and I will point you in the right direction to get the files and instuctions.
Just for your info, this was the instrcutions I followed, and it seems to have the downgrade info on too:

I/WE TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY WII’S THAT GET BRICKED DURING THE PROCESS. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Step 01 - Let's assume, you have already updated your Wii to the latest firmware (3.3v2+).
Step 02 - If you don't have it already, install "The Homebrew Channel" onto your Wii.
(For installation instructions, please visit the homepage here: http://hbc.hackmii.com/)
Step 03 - Add the contents, of the RAR file, onto the root your SD Card.
Step 04 - Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "WAD Manager v1.3".
Step 05 - Press "A" on the WiiMote once.
The Wii should detect a SD Card.
Press "A" again, to see a list of WADs on the SD Card.
Use the "D-Pad", to select "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad".
Press "+" to install the WAD.
Once installed, press the "Home" button, to restart you Wii.
Step 06 - Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "Custom WM IOS16" (This is the custom WAD Manager designed to work with IOS16).
Now, using the same method as in "Step 5", install the "cIOS_Fix.wad".
Once installed, press the "Home" button, to restart you Wii.
Step 07 - Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "IOS Downgrader".
Don't worry, we're not really going to downgrade; we need this for "Step 08".
Just follow the instructions, and wait until it finishes installing the necessary IOSs.
Step 08 - Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "Install Shop IOS51".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install "IOS51", by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install the IOS Patch, by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "No", and DO NOT install the "Wii Shop Channel".
(It shouldn’t matter if you install "Wii Shop Channel", but it won’t make any difference, since this was installed in "Step 01".)
Step 09 - Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "WAD Manager v1.3".
Step 10 - You should now be able to install your favorite Homebrew WADs!

Optional Step
If you want to downgrade to the Wii Firmware v3.2X, perform the following.
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "AnyRegion Changer" and perform the 3.2x downgrade.
Using "The Homebrew Channel", open "Install Shop IOS51".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install "IOS51", by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install the IOS Patch, by pressing "A".
Use the "D-Pad" to select "Yes", and install the "Wii Shop Channel".
(After a downgrade you need to install "Wii Shop Channel", or it will not work.)

MISSION COMPLETE! Good Job Commander! YEAH!

Nekkoru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay, this might have been asked before, but I honestly don't have the time to parse through 42 pages of replies, so here's my problem:

I can't run a backup of RE4 with the Backup Loader (0.3g). Here's what I do:

First, I download the ISO and patch it. It's the PAL version.
After that, I burn it under ImgBurn (2x speed, Verbatim DVD-R)
Then, I run it under Homebrew Channel (in the Backup Loader, of course).

I have IOS 249 installed, but I get a DVD read error (324). I probably need to install some cIOSes or burn it differently - anyway, a list of what should I install would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nekkoru said:
Okay, this might have been asked before, but I honestly don't have the time to parse through 42 pages of replies, so here's my problem:

I can't run a backup of RE4 with the Backup Loader (0.3g). Here's what I do:

First, I download the ISO and patch it. It's the PAL version.
After that, I burn it under ImgBurn (2x speed, Verbatim DVD-R)
Then, I run it under Homebrew Channel (in the Backup Loader, of course).

I have IOS 249 installed, but I get a DVD read error (324). I probably need to install some cIOSes or burn it differently - anyway, a list of what should I install would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
don't patch it

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Son of a crap, now my VC games don't want to work. Mega Man 2 and The Legend Of Zelda are legitimate, when I start them, the TV can't decode the video mode they're being output in, when I hit the home button the menu comes up but when I leave it, it goes back to black

judgedee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am trying to play hotd: overkill with 002 fix gamma wiigator version

but when i get to the push a+b button my game freezes?

any fixes?

Glittermoongdes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a million posts on DVD Drives on here.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of some of the top models as of 2009!? (most posts are 2007 or earlier)

I need one that will be good to burn Wii games (DVD-R) but will also burn Xbox 360 games (DVD+R DL is best as far as I can tell by reading...)
So I need:
DVD+/-R
DVD+/-R DL

preferably has the ability to rip either Wii games or xbox 360 games using firmware. I know the LG 816#b's are supported on RawDump, but I don't think that they burn DL.

Nekkoru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
While I remember, did anyone try to install Ocarina of Time through the WAD Manager? I always get an error, no matter what version of the manager I use...

Glittermoongdes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey JD while i have you here, thanks for the link! and can you answer this... when I buy dvd media is the speed listed on the disc important? Is 16x better than 8x or does it depend on your drive? They look about the same price and I can't really find an answer in other posts.

Glittermoongdes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not a boy thanks. 8x discs are still being made for the same price, and I saw a lot of posts that said something about if your dvd writer was low speed then to get low speed discs (but not on these forums and I only really trust this place).
But thanks for ruining it just a little for me.

j0shuakane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im running 3.4u, i installed the ios16 and cios249, when i try to install the ios/cios downgrader i get " ERROR! = -116 "

i can not find anything about it, could anyone please help?

Maji4578

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm having this really bizzare error that I havent encountered before and havent seen anything posted where I've looked.

For several months I was running the backup (gamma .3, etc etc) loader both as a channel and homebrew app with no problems but today I started it for the first time in awhile and it would load up fine but no text or options would show up, basically locking the system up, requireing a hard reset. I replaced my .dol files with fresh copies and even reinstalled the custom cIOS to no avail. Same thing happens with GeckOS, both as a channel and homebrew app.

Does anyone have any idea of what I could do to fix this.

Image is what I get, though why it is all stretched out I have no idea. Any help is appreciated.

errorhh8.jpg

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
unplug any GC memory card...!!
smile.gif

Gamma really needs an update: At the screen you get if you have a memory card in slot 2, it should say, "Remove the memory card in slot 2". Oh and the same for all patchmii clones.

chrislive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N00b here
rolleyes.gif

I have installed Softmii 0.9 on my NTSC 3.2 Wii

Before i go and possibly waste a DVD DL i was wondering has anyone confirmed that SSBB does work with Softmii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...