Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I haven't used my Wii since 2012 or so and it still runs 4.0E complete with the Homebrew Channel and everything. Can I update the Homebrew Channel with the 1.1.4 Open Source one on a real Wii?

DBZFan102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alexander1970 said:
If you like,you can post a sysCheck from your actual Wii´s Status/cIOS Installation,so we can have a Look on it and maybe help you if you want.:)

I would do that, but sysCheck is freezing on IOS30, and I don't know how to fix it. I added a line saying <arg>--skipIOS-30</arg> in the appropriate section, but it did nothing. What am I missing?

Last edited by DBZFan102,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you.:)

I would do that, but sysCheck is freezing on IOS30, and I don't know how to fix it. I added a line saying <arg>--skipIOS-30</arg> in the appropriate section, but it did nothing. What am I missing?

Did you used the Version from the Link ? (I think so,you have used the Troubleshoot Guide from there,correct ?)

Maybe you can try ModMii to Update your Softmod.:unsure:
You can use the first Option to use the Wizard.
On the Question "Is this your first time softmodding your Wii?" you can answer with NO because your Wii is already modded but have some Issue or is outdated.

Please read the following Pages/Options in calm and piece and decide for you,what "Things" really you need.
ModMii downloads then all (WAD Files) for you and then you have to install this WAD Files with an WAD Manager like Multi Mod Manager/WiiMOD Lite or YAWMM

Good Luck
Thank you.:)

Reactions: jeannotte

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can Cleanrip handle multiple partitions? I have a external HDD that's formatted as exFAT, if I make a second FAT32 or NTFS partition, will CleanRip see it?

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can Cleanrip handle multiple partitions? I have a external HDD that's formatted as exFAT, if I make a second FAT32 or NTFS partition, will CleanRip see it?
Hello,

you can make a single partition in FAT 32 (recommend), and you can put the Wii and Gamecube games on the same partition.

then use "" wii backup manager "" to manage your games. ==>http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/downloads.html

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,

you can make a single partition in FAT 32 (recommend), and you can put the Wii and Gamecube games on the same partition.

then use "" wii backup manager "" to manage your games. ==>http://www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk/downloads.html

Ah thanks but I just needed a drive to dump a few games I forgot before, Dolphin does the managing for me, I found a 32gb SD card so I'm good though :)

hawkmoon_2six9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Apologies if this has been asked before but I spent a lot of time searching for my specific scenario and couldn’t find anything.

Wii Model: Japanese, bought in 2007
Modchip: Wiikey (not sure which version but was modded back in 2007 when Wii was bought)
Firmware: 4.3u

The problem:
Until recently, it allowed me to play burned games on DVD -R but now all the burned discs seem to have stopped working. It either
1) gives a read error with the black screen OR
2) the game art shows up on the games channel but when you launch it, it doesn’t work

Note:
  • ORIGINAL US Wii discs all seem to be working
  • When the burned discs were working the firmware was already at 4.3u so I’m reasonably certain it’s not a firmware update that has led to this
Question:
1) What can I do to get it playing burned discs again OR
2) Is there a softmod I can apply given my specs (ie Japanese Wii from 2007 with 4.3U and probably a 1st gen Wiikey) that will allow me to achieve the same outcome with external HD based backups?

Reactions: Alexander1970

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Apologies if this has been asked before but I spent a lot of time searching for my specific scenario and couldn’t find anything.

Wii Model: Japanese, bought in 2007
Modchip: Wiikey (not sure which version but was modded back in 2007 when Wii was bought)
Firmware: 4.3u

The problem:
Until recently, it allowed me to play burned games on DVD -R but now all the burned discs seem to have stopped working. It either
1) gives a read error with the black screen OR
2) the game art shows up on the games channel but when you launch it, it doesn’t work

Note:
  • ORIGINAL US Wii discs all seem to be working
  • When the burned discs were working the firmware was already at 4.3u so I’m reasonably certain it’s not a firmware update that has led to this
Question:
1) What can I do to get it playing burned discs again OR
2) Is there a softmod I can apply given my specs (ie Japanese Wii from 2007 with 4.3U and probably a 1st gen Wiikey) that will allow me to achieve the same outcome with external HD based backups?
Hello ,

look over here, and see with Modmii ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

hawkmoon_2six9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hello ,

look over here, and see with Modmii == [\Quote]

Thanks so much. Did a quick scan of the main page and the usage page - while they talk extensively about how it will work with any softmodded Wii - they don’t mention those with chip mods (like mine) - would you happen to know if it does work with such cases?

Last edited by hawkmoon_2six9,

hawkmoon_2six9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
use the dvd player, the lens wears out faster.

it will work, and use an external hard drive in fat 32.

You can of course make your Chip and SoftMOD coexist
Cool, so what I’m understanding is that as long as I follow all the instructions for Modmii, it should work and having the Wiikey chip shouldn’t make a difference. That sounds great. Thanks for your help!

Bwangster12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question... I followed Wii.Guide initially and I installed BootMii to Boot2 months and months ago, and for the most part everything has been fine. For a little while now, I have been noticing that when I power on the Wii, BootMii loads on the screen, I have it set to do a 4 second countdown and advance itself... but then SOMETIMES the Wii will just power off. I then have to manually power on the Wii again, it goes through the BootMii countdown again and this time it is fine.

This doesn't happen every time, and I haven't really been able to replicate it. I was thinking it might be related to when I do a full shutdown vs a standby... but not sure.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Question... I followed Wii.Guide initially and I installed BootMii to Boot2 months and months ago, and for the most part everything has been fine. For a little while now, I have been noticing that when I power on the Wii, BootMii loads on the screen, I have it set to do a 4 second countdown and advance itself... but then SOMETIMES the Wii will just power off. I then have to manually power on the Wii again, it goes through the BootMii countdown again and this time it is fine.

This doesn't happen every time, and I haven't really been able to replicate it. I was thinking it might be related to when I do a full shutdown vs a standby... but not sure.
Hello,

Do you have the Bootmii folder on your SD card?

noobita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, I'm new here and I want to ask for advise on my just resurrected Nintendo Wii.

Some background info is in pictures below because I don't have sd card so I can't give you my syscheck.
I buy this machine from local games store and it's already softmoded.
I can play my old games but I cannot play Just Dance and new games that I just added to my usb-hdd with WiiBackupManager. Usb-hdd is in wbfs formated disc.

I think what I need is an update but I don't know what to update and how. Maybe wii system menu update from 3.2U to 4.3U ? but I read somewhere updating korea machine from 3.2 to 4x will brick the machine. Maybe re-softmoded using modmii or hackmii or bootmii or else ? I don't have nand backup, I don't know whether brick protection (priiloader?) is installed or not. I also cannot find just sd card, every sd card is micro sdhc and I read in forum version 3.2 and below cannot read sdhc only version 4x can (with sd adapter?), but I will keep looking for regular sd card.

I need your wise advise. step-by-step noob paradise style. thank you.

Korea region?System menuHomebrew channelNeoGammaWaninkoko's USB LoaderOld game still workingMy Problem

1. 0001.jpg
  2. 0002.jpg
    0003.jpg
  3. 0004.jpg
  4. 0005.jpg
  5. 0006.jpg
  6. 0007a.jpg
    0007b.jpg
    0007c.jpg
  7. 0008.jpg
    0009.jpg

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Don't do an official update or u will get a 003 brick, wii looks Korean. You can safely update to 4.3 using MODMII though. Using ModMii will also update your softmod allowing newer games to work, and it will also support fat32 formatted hard drives which are generally preferred to its wbfs format predecessor.

Croesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello, big thanks to @XFlak I softwood my wii with modmii.

Now I want to translate Wii Fit to my language but I really couldn't figure out where should I start. I have legit physical copy of wii fit, I read some people create translation patches for other games, is anyone know where should I start ? I need to translate it because my little sister loves this game but cannot understand English, Since Turkish alphabet can also understandable with English characters probably I am not gonna have font problems at all.

If someone can give me advice or help me, I will be happy ^^

Thanks for reading

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30