Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help with CTGP!!

Im having a problem figuring out how to get my Custom Characters to show.

I have a bunch of .szs files and a driver.szs file. I put them in the folder labeled My Stuff in ctgpr folder.

I did enable the My Stuff option in settings also, but they dont show.

What am I missing?

Regular Wii by the way.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
sssssssssss
Need help with CTGP!!

Im having a problem figuring out how to get my Custom Characters to show.

I have a bunch of .szs files and a driver.szs file. I put them in the folder labeled My Stuff in ctgpr folder.

I did enable the My Stuff option in settings also, but they dont show.

What am I missing?

Regular Wii by the way.
You're playing the game and not just viewing the character select screen, right? Iirc further modifications are required for them to appear differently on the character select screen.

Griffballchamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sssssssssss

You're playing the game and not just viewing the character select screen, right? Iirc further modifications are required for them to appear differently on the character select screen.
What do you mean? Ive played the game, yes, but not with custom characters. How can I play with a custom character if it doesnt appear in the character select screen?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With not touching my wii console in like 10 plus years. What would be my easiest way to look at softmodding the console? Im looking to see if it will run gc games at full speed since my gc disc is giving me issues and I thought this might be a suited way to enjoy the game.

Yan3

The guy nobody knows
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With not touching my wii console in like 10 plus years. What would be my easiest way to look at softmodding the console? Im looking to see if it will run gc games at full speed since my gc disc is giving me issues and I thought this might be a suited way to enjoy the game.
Modmii would be a great way, in my opinion, if you don’t want to learn everything about softmodding again to do it.

ZenXero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Alright, so I got a question and not sure if I can make it as clear as I want it to be but...

What exactly is installed in the SD Card? I mean, I know the channels you installed won't run without it, but is there anything else besides that? I haven't really been up to date on literally anything and I know for a fact that most the things I have installed is outdated.

So, I followed Maui Frog's softmod guide from way back when and considered it a done deal. After years I had a couple of kids and wanted to pass the Wii down to them but it seems one of the Wiimotes is having issues with keeping on and also happens to be what is "favored" by CFG Loader which makes it rather difficult.

I learned that it was an issue with the version of CFG Loader and all I needed was to update it but the SD Card inside seems to be bugged and comes out as write protected so I basically can't update CFG Loader. I tried everything out there to fix the SD Card but nothing works -- no 3rd party software, CMD hax, Disk part, DLSRs...just nothing.

So the only option I have now would just go out and buy another SD Card but the problem I face is what exactly do I need in it to keep everything running smooth? For one, I know I need an updated version of CFG Loader but the rest I'm not too sure. I followed Maui Frog's softmod guide to a point (the old guide, which was new at the time because of Smash stack) and because it's been updated over the years, I'm not sure what the end layout of SD Card should look like it in terms of the files in it. Is simply redownloading what I already had and putting it the new SD Card work straight out or what? This is the wall I ran in to.

Apologies if it isn't clear, but I just want to know what I can do.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

@ZenXero

For the SD, try to reformat it. Or watch if the little "Lock" on the side of the SD is not write blocking.

Otherwise get yourself a 2 GB SD and follow this guide (Modmii) to update your hack ==>https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

@ZenXero

The 2GD SD card is only needed if you're on a lower firmware. What firmware are you on?

If you're on 4.2 or 4.3 already you can use any size card as long as it's formatted FAT32 32k. As an example my main Wii is on 4.3U using a 256GB SDXC card formatted to FAT32 32k cluster size. I did have to use a 2GB card on it originally because it was on something like 3.4U, but once modded with ModMii (linked above) I was on 4.3 and was able to just copy the contents over to a larger card.

Not sure about 4.1 firmware though, that might not have been able to read larger cards. Most Wii's I mod theses days are already on 4.3 and I just use a 16GB card on them to get them going using ModMii. BTW always use ModMii, none of those other guides. It's the easiest and I'm now push about 40 installs using it. Thanks @XFlak !!

The issue is that the lower Nintendo Wii firmware just can't read the larger card sizes. Once updated to the higher firmware all card sizes work, even to mod them for the first time.

Edit: When you're ready, just use ModMii and choose that it's your first time installing when asked in the menu. It won't hurt anything and doesn't matter what you've already modded it with, it'll just overwrite things and put your Wii as it should be.

Last edited by ca032769,
Reactions: XFlak and Yan3

bikerspade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With my stock unmodified launch Wii console running on 4.3U, I moved many Virtual Console purchases to the SD Card Menu and have been able to play those from the SD Card Menu without issue. If I were to install a verified VC WAD (e.g. Castlevania ReBirth, SHA-1 731139ACD908361E585149F30961F22163882694) to the real NAND with YAWMM on a modded wii, and then move that channel to the SD Card Menu, would it be possible to still play it as an SD Card channel?

ZenXero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@ZenXero

The 2GD SD card is only needed if you're on a lower firmware. What firmware are you on?

If you're on 4.2 or 4.3 already you can use any size card as long as it's formatted FAT32 32k. As an example my main Wii is on 4.3U using a 256GB SDXC card formatted to FAT32 32k cluster size. I did have to use a 2GB card on it originally because it was on something like 3.4U, but once modded with ModMii (linked above) I was on 4.3 and was able to just copy the contents over to a larger card.

Not sure about 4.1 firmware though, that might not have been able to read larger cards. Most Wii's I mod theses days are already on 4.3 and I just use a 16GB card on them to get them going using ModMii. BTW always use ModMii, none of those other guides. It's the easiest and I'm now push about 40 installs using it. Thanks @XFlak !!

The issue is that the lower Nintendo Wii firmware just can't read the larger card sizes. Once updated to the higher firmware all card sizes work, even to mod them for the first time.

Edit: When you're ready, just use ModMii and choose that it's your first time installing when asked in the menu. It won't hurt anything and doesn't matter what you've already modded it with, it'll just overwrite things and put your Wii as it should be.

Thanks. I'm not entirely sure what my FW is but I'm guessing it's on 4.2 since that's pretty much the guide I followed way back when. As much I as I wanted to avoid using other procedures, if you all say it's safe then I'll go right ahead and do that. Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +1