NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by richglix, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Ol-Phart

Ol-Phart Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2018
    Canada
    In a prior post I'd mentioned that several years back I installed HBC but couldn't remember the particulars. I can't update via the system menu. When I try a system update I get error 32004 due to HBC already being installed.

Yan3 likes this.
  2. scooby74029

scooby74029 "fake coder"

May 7, 2010
    United States
    oklahoma, USA
    so reset wii hold reset button until priiloader starts then under settings turn off the one foe block updates and then it should work

Ol-Phart and Yan3 like this.
  3. Ol-Phart

Ol-Phart Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2018
    Canada
    Thanks Scooby, most of my issues have come about due to lack of understanding the concepts. Once I took a good hard look at ModMii and got a bit more comfortable in the driver's seat I realized that I didn't need to rely on the system menu to upgrade anything. Hacks applied and system menu is up to version 4.3U now.

Is there such a thing as a "top ten" or "must have" list of system utilities that should be found on everyone's SD cards?

scooby74029 likes this.
  4. scooby74029

scooby74029 "fake coder"

May 7, 2010
    United States
    oklahoma, USA
    well personally i use an emunand for all saves and wiiware/vc with gc/wii loading and channels with lastest usbloadergx and other wii has uneek +Di r194 original but i custom made the uneek myself and added game covers and little things that werent in original but it is for playing rock band so i can use all the dlc lol

but back to ur Q.

a good wadmanager
    and showmiiwads for emunands
    really thats all u really need after a good install with modmii anymore all the devs have everything built into most of the loaders now that i have used so it makes it really nice

not sure if u use the themes fro system menu but my kids love to change it on their wii all the time, i have 70 themes they can choose for and a really easy to use installer for them that has built in brick protection so u can mess up the wii lol my kids have tried to lol

Ol-Phart likes this.
  5. Ol-Phart

Ol-Phart Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2018
    Canada
    This is the result of a sysCheck I just ran. Would someone be so good as to take a look and let me know if there is anything I need to be concerned about please?

Warning: Spoilers inside!

6. Illuminaticy

Illuminaticy GBAtemp Fan

Oct 6, 2018
    United States
    Is there something that's not working? If everything is working I'd personally leave it as is.

If something is broken however, and it has to do with Wii backup loading, IOS 249 and 250 need to change. But if there's nothing wrong, leave it the way it is.

7. scooby74029

scooby74029 "fake coder"

May 7, 2010
    United States
    oklahoma, USA
    only thing i would change would be to update 249 to beta10 r52 and 250 same in modmii

Yan3 likes this.
  8. Ol-Phart

Ol-Phart Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2018
    Canada
    Thanks Scooby. The sysCheck.csv content I posted is the result of running the latest ModMii on this wii. I'll look into those updates you mentioned.

Illuminaticy-
    This wii I'm doing is for my wife to use for fitness, or so the story goes. As such, I'm not really sure why I'm bothering with any of this. Being an old hack from way back, sometimes it's just not possible to leave well enough alone.

Last edited by Ol-Phart, Jan 6, 2019
  9. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    That's pretty much the same as v8 final. No point in my opinion to do this

scooby74029 likes this.
  10. JerrySmith

JerrySmith Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2019
    Canada
    Why is SMGExtractor taking 4+ days ?

11. Rulerofthefreeworld

Rulerofthefreeworld Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2019
    United States
    Hey guys, looking for a little help with my wii setup. I have wiiflow latest version on my emunand with uneek+di neek2o rev 96 on my usb 120gb hdd. When i boot into neek i can get into wiiflow just fine and even play wii and wiiware titles no prob but when it comes to gamecube (nintendont) games or any of my emulator plugins(nes snes n64 etc) they just hang on black screen. I cant figure this one out been working on it for a week. Any help is appreciated.

Syscheck

Last edited by Rulerofthefreeworld, Jan 11, 2019
  12. Yan3

Yan3 The guy nobody knows

Aug 23, 2018
    Canada
    I think your syscheck has a problem man.
    Take the latest version here : https://gbatemp.net/threads/posting-a-system-check.300279/

Last edited by Yan3, Jan 11, 2019
  13. Rulerofthefreeworld

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2019
    United States
    New
    Syscheck.

Last edited by Rulerofthefreeworld, Jan 11, 2019
  14. Orome

Orome Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2019
    Croatia
    Hi all

A week ago I purchased a premodded wii.
    Now from what I managed to learn is that I have HBC, Configurable usb loader, USB Loader GX and NeoGamma installed as full channels (wii was bought without an sd card).

The Wii is on version 4.3E and I made a NAND backup via bootmi that I ran from an SD card.

Now I'd like to remove full channels for those 3 preinstalled loaders and setup: USB loader GX + Nintendont as a channel (forwarder) with SNES and GBA emulatoros also as channels (forwarder).

As I don't know how the wii was hacked and modded I'm posting my syschecker log file before I try anything further:

Help is appreciated :)

15. Rulerofthefreeworld

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2019
    United States
    Go to wii settings, than channels you should be able to delete them from there. Than just install latest usb loader gx, nintendont, snes9xgx and vbagx to sd/usb and install forwaders with a wad manager. I Usually use yawmm. Im pretty sure usb loader gx has a plugin mod that can launch snes gba etc right from there if that interest you. I use wiiflow so im not 100% on that part. Hope this helps!!

16. Yan3

Yan3 The guy nobody knows

Aug 23, 2018
    Canada
    If you want to remove all traces of those channels from your wii, you need the original wad, but if you just don’t want them on the menu, you can delete them from the settings.

Then for USB GX you have 2 options, install it directly on your wii (exactly like the one you got, not the latest version) or a forwarder. USB GX only supports gc games but you can still ask cyan to add it (even if I highly doubt he will do it)

So for snes games you install snes9xgx with forwarder and for gba games you have visual boy advance gx with forwarder.

17. Orome

Orome Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2019
    Croatia
    What are pros/cons to removing all traces of those full channels? How do I go about finding the "original wad" files? By version names in description of the launchers themselves? Which app do you recommend to use to remove those wads?

USB Loader GX v3.0c

Configurable USB Loader

NeoGamma

Does a newer USB Loader GX version need Nintendont to be able to run GameCube game backups or is Nintendont not needed?

Whatever I decide what is the current stable version of USB Loader GX that can be used as a channel forwarder?

btw. I browsed thru Cyans "Wii hacking explained" tutorial and it was great. Haven't found any tutorials explaining the hardware and software on that level. Alas... my situation with installed full channels are not covered yet. I hope he resumes writing it further.

Attached Files:

Yan3 likes this.
  18. scooby74029

scooby74029 "fake coder"

May 7, 2010
    United States
    oklahoma, USA
    just remove channels with the settings in wii and u will have no problems

use modmii (sticky topic) to get lastest GX and forwarder and nintendont

yes u need nintendont to play GC game from usb

19. Orome

Orome Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2019
    Croatia
    Channels removed thru wii settings can be restored gain from wi settings if for some reason I want to display them again (I haven't tried removing channels)?

20. Rulerofthefreeworld

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2019
    United States
    Hey again. Im still looking for help with my wii setup using uneek+di with neek2o rev 96. Basically i want to run all my games stored on my usb hdd with wiiflow (wiiware, wbfs, gamecube and emulators). What im having trouble with is when i boot into neek than wiiflow i can load my wbfs files fine and my wads installed by modmii work fine too but i cant get any gamecube games using nintendont to work or any of my emulator games(snes nes gbc etc) either. They all just hang on black screen. Everything works fine from real nand just trouble with neek. Any suggestions?