NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by richglix, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    United States
    Riverside, CA
    Not sure but maybe downloading the ZIP file for the latest version 6.4.8 will work for you.

Try getting it from this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/modmii/files/

Just unzip it into your ModMii folder on your PC and let it overwrite everything. That should give you the latest version.

Last edited by ca032769, Mar 9, 2018
    PepNYC likes this.
  2. PepNYC

PepNYC Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2018
    United States

It wasn't modmii. It was my .net. I downloaded the latest .net version, which I thought I had, from Microsoft and installed it this morning. After that modmii ran fine.

Thanks for your help ca032769. I'm going to mod my wii tonight. Hopefully everything goes smooth. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

3. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    United States
    Riverside, CA
    Should work just fine. I have 3 more tonight to do myself.

4. BrineBlade

BrineBlade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    Anybody able to help?

5. banjo2

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    USA
    Hmm, maybe... Try deleting the HBC via WiiMod/AnyTitleDeleter and LetterBomb (if it's there at all), then re-install it.

6. BrineBlade

BrineBlade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    Sadly, that did not work. If it helps at all, I attached the Exception that shows when the installer crashes 0304182312.jpg

7. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Unfortunately a stack dump isn't useful for the HackMii installer. It's not possible to trace the source of the error as no source code was ever released for it.

A SysCheck report from your current configuration might help, though.

8. BrineBlade

BrineBlade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    Just tried that, and SysCheck crashes when it is trying to be loaded through Letterbomb

9. jon_casey

jon_casey Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2013
    Hi all,

I successfully installed Letterbomb on my 4.3E Wii to give me the Homebrew Channel. I now can't figure out what I need to do to enable me to play Wii and Gamecube backups via USB. Am I looking at simply downloading these USBLoaderGX files "https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/latest" and putting them in the apps folder on the SD card, and that's it?

10. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You will also need custom IOSes to load Wii games for USB. Also, make sure you put the loader files in a directory on their own. e.g.: "/apps/usbloadergx/boot.dol" etc..

jon_casey likes this.
  11. jon_casey

jon_casey Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2013
  12. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    jon_casey likes this.
  13. BrineBlade

BrineBlade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    Specifically it also is a stack dump, so I think I might be modblocked

14. jon_casey

jon_casey Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2013
    thanks that looks easy to do, to update the iOS'.

Once ModMii has updated the iOS', is that and USBLoaderGX all I need in order to play Wii and GC backups via USB hard drive?

15. Altanic

Altanic Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2018
    United States
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but it deals with modifying Mario Kart Wii files. I can't seem to find any tutorials that demonstrate how to change voice files and CSS images and models. I would like to add the full Crash Bandicoot mod to my game, but I'm not sure how to go about changing anything else other than just the textures that you put into the "My Stuff" folder in the SD. I have SZS Modifier.

Sorry if this is the wrong place. Appreciate any help.

16. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You're in the wrong place. Try searching with your favorite search engine for what you're looking for and add "site:gbatemp.net" to the search. e.g.: "mario kart wii voice site:gbatemp.net"

17. Elgur85

Elgur85 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2018
    Sweden
    Noob here! :D
    I read somewhere that you should not connect your Wii to internet after softmodding it.
    True or not?

18. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    It should be fine. There have been no updates to the system menu in a few years. It depends on what you installed, though, for getting update prompts. Patched IOSes can trigger it but you can always decline the update.

19. lmbranco

lmbranco Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2007
    Little heads up, after using modmii to fix my system, i can finally play my backed up games. Yupii!! Thanks guys! Now i'll try to make it a bit more straightforward so that my 7 year old girl can start the games herself. Cheers!!!

XFlak likes this.
  20. BrineBlade

BrineBlade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    Completely untrue. The official game servers are mostly gone (I say mostly because there are a few games that didn't use Nintendo's servers), and the Wii Shop Channel is closing down next year. If you still want to play games online, you can use wiimmfi.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice