NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by richglix, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Elgur85

Elgur85 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2018
    Sweden
    Thank you! I connected to Wifi and got a message about an update, denied it. Not I can finally download covers. :D

2. delta nite

delta nite Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2010
    United States
    Hello! Is there any Wii Homebrew that tricks the Wii into thinking one type of controller is another? For instance, make the Wii believe a Classic Controller is a Wiimote to play Mega Man 9/10 and the same for using a Classic or Gamecube controller instead of the Guitar peripheral in Guitar Hero 3 (the way it controls on PS2 usin a DS2 instead of the guitar).

3. BrineBlade

BrineBlade Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2016
    United States
    I don't know how, but I was able to get the HBC to install. Thank you so much GreyWolf, for helping me through this.

4. AnonA

AnonA Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2018
    India
    When I try to unscrub my ISOs (using Ultimate Unscrubber), I get the message - No redump match found. The ISO cannot be restored. What does that mean? Are my ISOs bad?

5. EuroMIX

EuroMIX Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    From what I can tell Cyan seems to recommend v8 of d2x, but the guide I followed recommended v10 beta53-alt, and that seems to work okay for all the games I've tried. Is there any advantage to me "downgrading" to v8?

6. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Nope, and beta53 is not recommended as it can cause problems with some drives and game titles. It is not useful unless you have to use the second USB port for some reason. (like your port 0 is broken, etc.)

7. EuroMIX

EuroMIX Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    In that case, what should I be using?

8. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Guru

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Just use v8 on a regular Wii unless it doesn't work with your drive, then try v10-beta52.

EuroMIX likes this.
  9. ReyVGM

ReyVGM Game Endings Master

Oct 26, 2002
    Now that the eshop is not allowing purchases and since I'm not going to be able to buy some titles I want, I decided to hack my Wii.
    I haven't started the process yet, but I would like to know, if I install what needs to be installed (homebrew I guess?) for me to be able to inject Wiiware titles, if I then delete the homebrew channel, will I still be able to play those injected games or does homebrew have to be present at all times?

10. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.

GBAtemp Patron
    x65943 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    You can delete the home brew channel and the titles will stay. However, why would you want to do that? It's a very useful channel.

11. ReyVGM

Oct 26, 2002
    Thanks for the reply.

Just asking. Maybe one day if I don't want to use homebrew anymore I can still be able to play those wiiware titles I injected into the system.

By the way, what I mean by "delete homebrew" I mean completely uninstall / remove from the system while still keeping the injected titles. That's what will happen, correct?

Last edited by ReyVGM, Mar 26, 2018
    x65943 likes this.
  12. x65943

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    Yes - they will still work even if you do that.

ReyVGM likes this.
  13. ReyVGM

Oct 26, 2002
    Cool, thanks for the reply!

x65943 likes this.
  14. x65943

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    If you're worried about selling a hacked system down the road. 1. Most people would prefer a hacked sytem, and 2 the resale value of the Wii is so abysmally small that you shouldn't worry about it.

Last edited by x65943, Mar 26, 2018
    ReyVGM likes this.
  15. ReyVGM

Oct 26, 2002
    Nope, I don't sell my systems, so that wasn't on my mind. I just didn't want to depend on an "app" to play the games I inject :)

x65943 likes this.
  16. Dcep1501

Dcep1501 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    So I got a 1TB Toshiba Canvio HD (probably need to exchange after I read the compatibility list smh), and i'm using a mac. I want to put movies on for WiiMC as well as backups on it for USB Loader GX. will FAT32 work for BOTH media types (movies and games)? Or do I have to partition, or do something else?

17. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    United States
    Riverside, CA
    I've used it that way on my Original Wii. However I do notice the Wii had not been that great as a media player, so I don't really watch movies off it (choppy at times) so I really just use it for music if nothing else is around. Not really sure if it's the Wii itself or WiiMC that's lacking.

18. Dcep1501

Dcep1501 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    The movie files need to be 720p max, otherwise the WiiMC, (moreso the Wii), starts the choppy playback. Okay one more question. What if I want to run other emulators off of the HD like Mame, for example. Will FAT32 still be the way to go?

19. ca032769

ca032769 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    United States
    Riverside, CA
    Yes, FAT32 for everything. Most Homebrew only works off FAT32 so that's the way to go.

banjo2 likes this.
  20. Dcep1501

Dcep1501 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2018
    United States
    Awesome! Thanks for the help!