Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.... Nintendont finally works (thanks!!!!)...

Any way that I can use dios mios? (Nintendont emulates memory card when I want to store it)

Sure, I think it has the same requirements, but it's no longer being maintained and isn't as compatible. (It doesn't play streaming audio from games, for example.)
You can use real memory cards with Nintendont, too, if you want to do that.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sure, I think it has the same requirements, but it's no longer being maintained and isn't as compatible. (It doesn't play streaming audio from games, for example.)
You can use real memory cards with Nintendont, too, if you want to do that.

Oh! So...basically there's no advantage with DIOS MIOS at all whatsoever

iOS ID

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m trying to create a GAME LOADER CHANNEL FORWARDER for the Wii games that are on my SD CARD. I’m using WiiGSC to create the WAD files, but the forwarders always point to the USB drive. I tried different options (WiiFlow, USB loader, etc.., but none of them will launch the games. Does anyone have any experience in successfully creating game forwarders that point to the SD card? I've spent hours in creating wads, installing them, testing, rebooting, deleting! :cry::cry::cry:

Screen_Shot_2016_01_26_at_11_30_33_AM.jpg

My games are located in a WBFS folder on my 128GB SD card. I’m using WiiFlow to successfully launch them, but I would love to be able to launch them directly from the Wii menu.

sjogro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Howdy noobs and overlords, here's my question: I have hacked my Wii successfully a few years ago. I think I used bannerbomb and all kinds of tutorials later I have a Wii with Homebrew Channel, PriiLoader, etc. I default boot to WiiFlow and there I have access to games on a USB drive. Everything works fine, except one game... When I run Zelda Skyward Sword it goes to the system menu to tell me to update my Wii system software. Like hell I will! But how do I get passed this? I don't want to mess up my working configuration as you understand.

[Edit: typo]

Last edited by sjogro,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy noobs and overlords, here's my question: I have hacked my Wii successfully a few years ago. I think I used bannerbomb and all kinds of tutorials later I have a Wii with Homebrew Channel, PriiLoader, etc. I default boot to WiiFlow and there I have access to games on a USB drive. Everything works fine, except one game... When I run Zelda Skyward Sword it goes to the system menu to tell me to update my Wii system software. Like hell I will! But how do I get passed this? I don't want to mess up my working configuration as you understand.

[Edit: typo]

You probably have an IOS that needs to be updated for Wii Motion Plus.

sjogro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You probably have an IOS that needs to be updated for Wii Motion Plus.

Hi GreyWolf, thanks for your reply. I have hit the jackpot with one lucky try. I read in some topics that IOS36 is relevant to this game. I must say I still have a hard time to comprehend the relation of IOSses to functionality and boot processes etc. But I've used Multi Mod Manager to update IOS36 using the Nintendo Servers and applying fakesign & other patches. It updated OK and now the game runs! Everything else seems intact as well. Super stoked! I wish however that I'd understand a bit better what I did, what it means and how it works out.

PlatinaKnife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hey, i have a save file from the dolphin Wii/GCN emulator. It's a called "MemoryCardA.USA.raw".
I tried putting it into the save files folder from Nintendont, first renaming it as the original save it had created.
But when i tried to load in the game. It said it needed to be formatted because the file was corrupted.

Do i use GCMM for this or is there something in the dolphin emulator i can use?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh yeah, does .gci work with nintendont? otherwise i'll try to use the converter inside Dolphin
[[NO HELP NEEDED]] i figured it out using the dolphin save manager

Last edited by PlatinaKnife,

Zroe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone could help me here...

I followed this tutorial() to get HBC going and put some of the common apps on my wii.

Somehow I ended up in another tutorial for the cios installation that had me using Base 56/248, Base 57/247. At this point I thought I was all set and went to load USB Loader GX and would get an "Exception DSI occured!" error and it would crash. Wiiflow just shows a few blips of colored pixels in the center of the screen and never finishes launching. These two only occured when I had a fat32 formatted external HDD in 32kb clusters plugged in to the leftmost usb port of the wii if it were standing up.

So I followed the instructions on https://code.google.com/archive/p/d2x-cios/wikis/How_To_Install.wiki and reinstalled d2x-v10-beta52.zip in base 56/249 and 57/250 and tried again.

Now USB loader boots into the application but nothing loads, just a white background with a bar at the bottom where I assume would have wii options/settings. Wiiflow does the same as before, just stays on a page flickering multicolored distorted pixels.

If I unplug the HDD USB loader loads fully displaying the apps on my homescreen as if there were no problem as does Wiiflow.

At this point I'm unsure where to go next. All I want to do is get this HDD recognized so I can start ripping my collection into it and play discless.

Can anyone give me some direction?

*Edit*

After plugging the HDD back in and attempting to load USB loader again, I'm met with the Exception (DSI) occured! message once again.

Last edited by Zroe,

Arimis777Saint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok everybody I have Dolphin the GC/WII emulator and several iso for both systems. And I am trying to create backups for the wii games. I have Verbatim DVD-R's and Imageburn software and Neogamma loaded on my Wii with HomeBrew. Neogamma says i need an installed cISO... so what is the cISO for? where do I dwnld it from? How do i install it? Do I really need it for DVD-Rs?
it also says drive to new fro dvd-rs what now?

Last edited by Arimis777Saint,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok everybody I have Dolphin the GC/WII emulator and several iso for both systems. And I am trying to create backups for the wii games. I have Verbatim DVD-R's and Imageburn software and Neogamma loaded on my Wii with HomeBrew. Neogamma says i need an installed cISO... so what is the cISO for? where do I dwnld it from? How do i install it? Do I really need it for DVD-Rs?
it also says drive to new fro dvd-rs what now?

That means your Wii's optical drive is a newer version that won't read anything except original discs. You'll have to use a backup HDD instead of burning your backups.

tobiaspet

Trophies
XP
Country
I normally use wii backup manager to convert ISO to WSFB and then place it on USB loader, but how do I add a file that is already WSFB? Meaning it doesnt need convertion from ISO

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I normally use wii backup manager to convert ISO to WSFB and then place it on USB loader, but how do I add a file that is already WSFB? Meaning it doesnt need convertion from ISO

Same way, but WBFS has a habit of getting corrupted when adding/removing titles from the partition. You would be better off converting it to FAT32. :)

ZeldaFreak420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, im a straight noob to softmodding my Wii. my intentions are to play Wii iSO files from my computer.......I followed Team TwiZZlers Letterbomb to the T. Everything downloaded on to the Wii perfectly. I also set up boot.mii, priiloader, d2x-cios, HBB, and usbloader gx. when i use usbloader gx and incert my 2gb cruizer mini usb with a "scruubed' pokemon battle revolution WFPS file and usb loader shows "Error USB device cannot be found now switching to channel list mode" i have seen many forms on here about and alot of replies......im guessing something is missing maybe an cios idk if i can get some help that would be awsome......idk how to do a Wii system check because i see people post their system checks so ya......P.S. THX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again