Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

AnneLane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should i be worried and should i do something about this?

okay, so i'm trying to hack my wii, i'm at the stepp where i have installed my homebreww and the bootmii and now i just need to back it up and make a the nand backup. so i launch bootmii and press power 3 times, reset 2 times, and now its making a back up. i see the green boxes that go from left to right. but as they go, i see that their was one black box. i think theirs a legend at the bottom that tells u what these boxes mean but i couldn't really stop anything. all i know was the legend sayed something about the black box that there was something wrong but i just waited until the back up was done downloading cause i couldn't really do much. then when it was almost done, i notice there were a total of 3, but then when it finished, all the black boxes disappeared and all the boxes were green. so i guess maybe it all turned out good. i'm not really sure, so i'm hopeing someone here knows what happend and if it fixed itself or if theirs a bug on that backup or something.

MorbidCharlie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, haven't used my Wii in awhile and I'm looking to "get back in the game". I used the SSBB exploit and am currently running Configurable USB Loader. I'm wanting to try out DIOS-MIOS, but I figure since I'm going to be jacking around with the Wii, I'll go ahead and see what else has come out. What's the best WAD manager right now? I understand I'll need NeoGamma to use DML, correct? Is there something better than CUSB Launcher?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, haven't used my Wii in awhile and I'm looking to "get back in the game". I used the SSBB exploit and am currently running Configurable USB Loader. I'm wanting to try out DIOS-MIOS, but I figure since I'm going to be jacking around with the Wii, I'll go ahead and see what else has come out. What's the best WAD manager right now? I understand I'll need NeoGamma to use DML, correct? Is there something better than CUSB Launcher?

You can use neogamma, postloader, wiiflow mod by fix94.

for wad manager, try multi-mod manager http://gbatemp.net/topic/208281-mmm-multi-mod-manager-a-collection-of-tools/ or YAWMM http://gbatemp.net/topic/210290-yet-another-wad-manager-mod/ or wii mod http://gbatemp.net/topic/272321-wii-mod/

I'd recommend MMM or wii mod.

and for CFG USB Loader, thats a good one, or you can try USB loader GX or wiiflow

MorbidCharlie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if I happen to find a Wii with one of the older drive chips and I softmod it, do I need to do anything else to play GC backups, or will the system read them off DVD-Rs without anything else needed?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if I happen to find a Wii with one of the older drive chips and I softmod it, do I need to do anything else to play GC backups, or will the system read them off DVD-Rs without anything else needed?

You will need to do a couple softmod changes to play gc backups from disc, but you won't need to do any hardware changes. (it should be pretty simple)

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
Playing Dr Who return to earth on wiiflow and it randomly freezes anyone else found this?
thanks in advance

p.s dr who is pal and it is not in the compatibility list was released 19.11.2010 if this is helpful :/

Raisetsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I can't for the life of me find ANYTHING about loading USB codes from Neogamma r9 anywhere at all. I've been trying for a while and it always comes up with "No USB codes found". Anyone have any idea how to fix it?

yamikun

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello, i have a fairly old modded wii (modded about 4 or 5 years ago), that i haven't used in a while. I recently got skyward sword and when i try to play i get a message that i should patch the console to play along with this " if you have any unauthorised technical modification this may cause inopperability of your console".. Now i don't know if the console was soft or hard modded since i wasn't the one to do it, but if i recall right it was hardmodded. What should i do to be able to play the game?

Any help is aprreciated ^^

gamerperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time i try to get homebrew channel on my wii i screwup but cant figure out wat im doing, can someone tell how to do it without sending me to random tutorial vid's that i've already looked at and most of them made me more confused than when i started

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Afaik wiimc supports FTP and SMB to transver files over network.
You need to setup a server for either on on your PC and configure wiimc to use it.
SMB is probably easyest becase windows already has it built in.
It's that "share folder over network" stuff.

search the internet for eg "wiimc smb howto"

Reactions: 1 person

_SamyO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is SLIGHTLY noobish since I did successfully make SNEEK-DI work and run and have games play, but i did it through the installer, which is SNEEK r167. Now, I'm wanting to update my current SNEEK to the latest build (or revision) and run it. How would I come about do that? I've tried searching to see how to update from an older version, but im not getting to far. It would be very helpful, thank you!

:]

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
hi anybody had trouble with the following games with wiiflow, these just black screen after you click play....
THE SMURFS DANCE PARTY
SCARFACE

this game randomly freezes...
DR WHO RETURN TO EARTH
anyone got a fix please pm me , thanks in advance

also on my wiiflow when i want to change ios there is default and 151 but when i click to the left or right there is only ios 151 only, but not bothered as my games inc black ops work fine

cremebox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to install HBC on my 4.2u Wii, but all three bannerbomb versions don't work. The SD card that I'm using has been formatted to FAT32, and I'm using the latest version of hackmii 0.8 I've loaded abd6a_v200 of bannerbomb onto the SD card, and it gets to the warning message, but doesn't get any further than that. The other two version of bannerbomb, abd69_v200, and abd6b_v200 both freeze on me when I turn on my wii, hit the SD symbol, and it'll begin to load bannerbomb, but freeze before hitting the warning message. I've tried the ModMii program, and followed it exactly, but I get the same outcome of my wii just hanging there at the warning message when bannerbomb loads up. Any idea what I should do?

cremebox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, someone suggested that I just go ahead and update to 4.3, and go from there. Yet every time I try and update my wii, I get the dreaded 32004 error code. I've done everything possible to allow my wii to update itself, but no dice. I'm not really sure what other exploits are out there that may work for this stubborn wii.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, someone suggested that I just go ahead and update to 4.3, and go from there. Yet every time I try and update my wii, I get the dreaded 32004 error code. I've done everything possible to allow my wii to update itself, but no dice. I'm not really sure what other exploits are out there that may work for this stubborn wii.
Well "someone" is an idiot, lol. There is no reason to update past 4.1, it will just give you fewer options.

Make sure that you don't have a private folder on your SD card before copying Bannerbomb over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again