Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
GameGeek said:
Is it safe to go online with a softmoded Wii that has the HBC and a lot of homebrew installed in it? I mean, does Nintendo check if you have the HBC or other homebrew installed often, or just on specific cases (ie: when playing Mario Kart online)?
It's safe, just don't use cheats and they can't tell.

cirruspaxton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keeping my Noob questions here!
smile.gif

I have got a USB Hard drive and backed up my games, but how can I install a bunch of Wiiware/VC games without filling up my Wii?

I have a compatible SD Card, 1 gig, which I have used to attempt to load .wad files, and that works, but the Wii fills up quite quickly.

Once I install them from the card, I can then transfer them BACK to the card in Wii Format, right? That way I can play them directly from the card, and can delete the original .wad file?

I really would like to have a huge collection of WiiWare and VC games, but it looks like I'm limited by space. What would be the disadvantage of buying a 4gig or bigger card? Does that require SDHC? What is the disadvantage of SDHC?

If anyone has a solution that I am not aware of, I'll be so thankful.

Thank you!

VLinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im trying to launch Xenoblade Chronicles on my Wii using Neogamma and a Dual Layered Disc, but whenever I try booting it up it gives me:

DVD Err (1208), Disc ID

So what someone suggested is that I buy a Lens Cleaning kit but I was uneasy about that since it reads my other games perfectly

Should I upgrade my cIOS to a latest version, my burn of the game is bad (used x2), disc used? (Verbatim)

Thanks!

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Twoacross said:
Im trying to launch Xenoblade Chronicles on my Wii using Neogamma and a Dual Layered Disc, but whenever I try booting it up it gives me:

DVD Err (1208), Disc ID

So what someone suggested is that I buy a Lens Cleaning kit but I was uneasy about that since it reads my other games perfectly

Should I upgrade my cIOS to a latest version, my burn of the game is bad (used x2), disc used? (Verbatim)

Thanks!
Maybe that person suggested it for a reason. Dual layer discs don't run well on old Wii's, but that is almost always fixed by using a Lens Cleaning Kit.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
JoostinOnline said:
GameGeek said:
Is it safe to go online with a softmoded Wii that has the HBC and a lot of homebrew installed in it? I mean, does Nintendo check if you have the HBC or other homebrew installed often, or just on specific cases (ie: when playing Mario Kart online)?
It's safe, just don't use cheats and they can't tell.
What about using the Shop Channel? Doesn't it tell Nintendo what tickets I are in my Wii?

DanglinDave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, this is kind of a minor issue, but it is really annoying, i can not get overs to work in CFG, i have more games than i had previously, so it is annoying to scroll through to see which game is which, everytime i manage and download mising covers, it starts to then crashes and says "resetting in 60 seconds"

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
DanglinDave said:
alright, this is kind of a minor issue, but it is really annoying, i can not get overs to work in CFG, i have more games than i had previously, so it is annoying to scroll through to see which game is which, everytime i manage and download mising covers, it starts to then crashes and says "resetting in 60 seconds"
Are you using rev70?

DanglinDave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
# USBLoader config
# lines starting with # are comments
# see README-CFG.txt for help on options

# theme
theme = Glass

# gui
gui = start
gui_transition = fade
gui_style = flow
gui_rows = 2

# device
device = usb

# language related options:
# translation = XX
# db_language = XX

# this is required for asian languages:
# load_unifont = 1
music = usb:/usb-loader/music
unlock_password = AAAA
disable_remove = 1
disable_format = 1
admin_unlock = 1
covers_path = usb:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_2d = usb:/usb-loader/covers/2d
covers_path_3d = usb:/usb-loader/covers/3d
covers_path_disc = usb:/usb-loader/covers/disc
covers_path_full = usb:/usb-loader/covers/full

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do I use ocarina codes with configureable USB loader?
I am starting Animal Crossing Lets go to the City and want to pimp up the place a little lol.
I know there is a save editor, but cant be bothered about that
tongue.gif

frogfinger

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to hack a new wii and I have been unsuccessful with 2 methods. Please help
frown.gif

Trying to do the smash stack method when in stage builder I only have the 1 file on the SD card and when i choose it I get the msg..
"The file is corrupted. Unable to load."
I have erased the sd card and redownloaded the files and added on. Still get the same msg.

I have also tried letterbomb and the msg never appears. I have checked today and yesterday and no letter appears. Again I have tried to erase sd card and redownload files and try again but no luck. I have also tried with another SD card.

This is a new Black wii running Ver. 4.3U

If anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: meh stats, but amazing in execution