ROM Hack NOOB FRIENDLY Guide: AC:NH Easter Event manual unlock.

• Thread starter vree
  • Start date
  • Views 77,777
  • Replies 173
  • Likes 6

igromanru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fwiw switched off airplane mode but didn't connect to wifi, flipped internet time sync on and launched switch-time. Set current month/day (but didn't change year as it was showing 2017 and couldn't see quick way to change that without hundreds of button presses!?); re-did bcat. still 1.2.0!

Decided to use 90dns and connect to internet to sync time. Now I get 1.2.0a. It's taken a lot of time/attempts. Me thinks it isn't worth it but hey ho.. maze might keep daughter quiet for a few minutes.
You don't need an internet connection, just follow this solution.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-fr...vent-manual-unlock.561530/page-4#post-9039852

Reactions: Sanctifer

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm just curious. There is another place than this thread where you provide the Switch-Time trick?

I only see Skypirate123 and ACEventAngel's messages about that.
I'm asking that for never spam this thread again.

(Moderation team, please remove this post if needed. thanks!)

Not sure what you are asking, but this was communicated on discord and reddit before it was posted here.

Reactions: Sanctifer

GabPT45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it still possible to play the events even after it has passed? I am just curious because I have yet to update my animal crossing game.

jasonhk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I used the switch-time press A to set the time (this part is really easy),
I use JKSV to restored BCAT files,
but not work, May be my download BCAT files has some problem?
:wacko:

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used the switch-time press A to set the time (this part is really easy),
I use JKSV to restored BCAT files,
but not work, May be my download BCAT files has some problem?
:wacko:

If you did every single thing that is listed in the opening (first) post then it should work. If not you skipped a step or did something wrong.
We can't help with you downloading the correct BCAT files if that is the problem.

Reactions: jasonhk

jasonhk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
FIX found for atmosphere users (or people who use SXOS and do not want to disable stealth) who have trouble witch synchronizing the clock via internet.
Bit a background story for me is that I use the ip which blocks all communication with nintendo servers so i guess it blocked the auto sync as well. You can test this by trying to set a different date, like setting it a day forward and then turning on auto sync. If it does not change your set date then you have problems with syncing the correct time.
Solution:
I did not want to disable the custom IP so I ended up with this:
github /nedex/QuickNTP/releases
It's a Tesla overlay module which syncs the time for you. After syncing the europe server and restarting the game it works like a charm, provided you did not mess up something with the BCAT restore.
Enjoy!
:bow: it worked for me!
(I have tried switch-time.nro to sync the time, press A to set current time, it is not work for me. :wacko:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you did every single thing that is listed in the opening (first) post then it should work. If not you skipped a step or did something wrong.
We can't help with you downloading the correct BCAT files if that is the problem.
:toot: I am on 1.2.0a now!
I used https://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-fr...vent-manual-unlock.561530/page-3#post-9039798 overlay tool to sync the Europe server time, it work for me.

I used switch-time press A, it doesn't work for me.:blink:
(my BCAT files are the same files.)

May be it is another possible reason? about the timezone difference? :unsure:

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
:bow: it worked for me!
(I have tried switch-time.nro to sync the time, press A to set current time, it is not work for me. :wacko:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

:toot: I am on 1.2.0a now!
I used https://gbatemp.net/threads/noob-fr...vent-manual-unlock.561530/page-3#post-9039798 overlay tool to sync the Europe server time, it work for me.

I used switch-time press A, it doesn't work for me.:blink:
(my BCAT files are the same files.)

May be it is another possible reason? about the timezone difference? :unsure:

Did you make sure when using switch-time you set the date to a day when the event should be active? If not nothing will happen.

Again the method that worked for you is indeed a fix. But not the prefered one. Anyway I did add it to the opening post.

But I'm 100% sure you messed up somewhere. No offence.

Last edited by vree,
Reactions: jasonhk

jasonhk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Did you make sure when using switch-time you set the date to a day when the event should be active? If not nothing will happen.

Again the method that worked for you is indeed a fix. But not the prefered one. Anyway I did add it to the opening post.

But I'm 100% sure you messed up somewhere. No offence.
:bow: Thank you for your help.
Yes, I may messed up somewhere. :shy:
Let's see another user's feedback.

You first post said: "
12) FOR ANYONE WHO GOT THE CORRECT VERSION NUMBER
Simply set your switch clock one day further
, enter your game. Close out of the game. Set your clock back to the present date - your events should now be working."

I think it may be my tricky reason. :shy:
But I remembered that I have used switch-time.nro to set the date to yesterday and close the game and set the date to today, but it is not work for me.:unsure:

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
does that also apply to the easter event because I know it ended but I have yet to play it.

Not sure, someone with the latest game update (1.2.0) + BCAT could try that out.
I myself don't time travel.

But even if it didn't work out of the box. You can probably force/fake it by using switch-time homebrew and putting the time somewhere when the event was active.

But yeah I can't confirm this unless someone tries it out with 1.2.0 and BCAT files.

Last edited by vree,

raulioli8810

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i followed your guide and got 1.2.0a!! thank you
but now i am not able to do lan play with my cfw switch and normal patched v2 2019 version switch.
is this an issue anyone else has had?
just to be clear. I am trying to connect my atmosphere switch to my normal switch over LAN. Not online at all.....
does not work. any solutions?

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i followed your guide and got 1.2.0a!! thank you
but now i am not able to do lan play with my cfw switch and normal patched v2 2019 version switch.
is this an issue anyone else has had?
just to be clear. I am trying to connect my atmosphere switch to my normal switch over LAN. Not online at all.....
does not work. any solutions?

You probably installed "ldn_mitm" to play local games online and forgot about it. This blocks normal local play for ACNH. So the simple solution is to dissable it through your HBmenu if you have it installed. For more info see here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ldn_mitm-play-local-wireless-supported-games-online.525512/

Also make sure both games are on the same game update version number.

Last edited by vree,

raulioli8810

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

raulioli8810

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Np, have fun ;)

Added this info to the main guide for other people that might run into the same issue :D
sorry to bother you again, but the island is found but when i want to fly it says:
a communication error has occurred....this means that they are not connecting by lan am i correct? what am i doing wrong?

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry to bother you again, but the island is found but when i want to fly it says:
a communication error has occurred....this means that they are not connecting by lan am i correct? what am i doing wrong?

I never used "ldn_mitm" myself. So first make absolutely sure that it not the cause of it.

After that restart the whole hacked switch. And restart the game on both devices and try it again.

I had an issue once where I could not connect my hacked switch to a non-hacked one while playing animal crossing and trying to visit the other island. The simple solution then was to just reboot both games. So just try that.

Last edited by vree,

raulioli8810

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I never used "ldn_mitm" myself. So first make absolutely sure that it not the cause of it.

After that restart the whole hacked switch. And restart the game on both devices and try it again.

I had an issue once where I could not connect my hacked switch to a non-hacked one while playing animal crossing and trying to visit the other island. The simple solution then was to just reboot both games. So just try that.

i turned off "ldn_mitm" 100% sure. i even turned of edizon.
Restarted both switches and games.
still doesnt work.
ldn_mitm was automatically enabled with atmosphere 0.12.0|S.
i am at my wits end lol. its like they just dont want to communicate.....
ok update
my normal switch that is patched can travel to my unpatched swtich with no problem.
what does that mean?

Last edited by raulioli8810,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.