WIP ldn_mitm - Play local wireless supported games online

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Cubuss, Dec 7, 2018.

Front-page WIP
    upload_2018-12-7_13-51-15.

Whether lurking on an older firmware, banned from online activities, or unwilling to fork out for Nintendo's Switch Online, a lot of us find ourselves stuck in the void of single-player gaming. The release of switch-lan-play opened doors previously closed, allowing us to play a select list of games online regardless of bans and subscriptions. Taking another step forwards, we have ldn_mitm: a custom kip to break the final chains, to allow almost every game supporting local wireless to be enjoyed online.

Requirements:
    1. Atmosphère 0.8.0+ or ReiNX
    2. switch-lan-play (setup guide)
    3. ldn_mitm
    How to Use (Atmosphere):
    1. Make a folder in atmosphere named kips, /atmosphere/kips/
    2. Put the kip file in that folder and boot with fusee primary.bin
    3. Once booted go ingame and select the Wireless Play Option (If you see an L in your wifi bars that means that the kip did not load and that you need to reboot)
    4. (Optional) Use official Switch-lan-play discord to matchmake and find other players,
    How to Use (ReiNX):
    1. Put the kip in /sysmodules/ folder.
    2. Boot reinx and enable it via ReiNX toolbox (Might gonna need to disable fsmitm since its know to cause issues)
    3. Reboot ReiNX
    4. Once booted go ingame and select the Wireless Play Option (If you see an L in your wifi bars that means that the kip did not load and that you need to reboot)
    5. (Optional) Use official Switch-lan-play discord to matchmake and find other players,
    You can find a list of currently tested games here. Please note this will not work on SXOS, as it does not support custom kip loading.(yet)

It is recommended to only use ldn_mitm and lan-play.exe from their official releases, third-party apps and homebrew are not supported.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :arrow: Github
    :arrow: Discord
    :download: Download

Discussion (114 replies)
  1. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    Finally. Now I can rest in peace.

Please, TX, steal this asap!

Last edited by Axido, Dec 7, 2018
  2. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Norway
    Grand Line
    Welp, for the time being it's time to say goodbye to SX OS.

3. Enlapse

Enlapse GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2014
    Wow. If the community supporting and using this is big, it could be a reason to go to CFW. Anyways, this is great and IMO, the only feature needed in CFW. I wouldn't really care about not being able to run XCI's, so this is not a must feature for me, at least.

Great job!

Cubuss and sweis12 like this.
  4. ssssss13

ssssss13 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Is this as good as it seems or I am seeing something wrong?

5. Enlapse

Enlapse GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2014
    I am kind of like you, at the moment. It looks incredibly good. Anyways, is there a server list for this or something? There was another thing like this (which I don't remember the name) that had server list, and that was great too.

6. Ace001

Ace001 GBAtemp Regular

May 31, 2013
    United States
    I'm interested! Now time to look into "upgrading" to reiNX from sx os. Is it as simple as just running the rei payload or do i have to get rid of SX OS files?

7. jujuassou

jujuassou Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2018
    Gabon
    Wooow perfect ! if i have a switch hack but my friend have a real switch with no online, but not hacked with the real game, we can play together ?
    me i need to follow the guide, okay, but him ? what he need to do ?

8. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Developer - noirscape

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Site 19
    First of, cool!

Second followup: does this work with 90DNS active? If so, that'd be really cool.

Just use Atmosphere, ReiNX is just a bootloader for Atmospheres sysmodules. You might as well go for the SDFiles/Kosmos, it accomplishes the same effect.

SaffronXL likes this.
  9. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    mushroom kingdom
    Server list is here

Enlapse likes this.
  10. kingsora831

kingsora831 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 15, 2012
    United States
    NYC in College
    Wondering how this would work for pirated games and systems that arent banned yet.

Will this allow them to play pirated copies without directly connecting to Nintendo servers and risking a ban?

11. d4nielr

d4nielr Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2014
    UK
    Gotta use 90dns for that.

12. isoisoiso

isoisoiso GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2018
    Niger
    Nice job iso

Cubuss likes this.
  13. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    So I'm confused. Can someone explain to an idiot why this is better than switch-lan-play? Is it just because it's all hosted locally from the switch?

Last edited by Nerdtendo, Dec 7, 2018
  14. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    This is still switch-lan-play. Previously, switch-lan-play only worked with games that had a LAN mode. The same dev who made switch-lan-play also made this kip which now allows you to use switch-lan-play to play games online even without a LAN mode.

SaffronXL likes this.
  15. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Oh shoot. That's a big deal isn't it. So... that means we can play any online game or am I missing something. This seems too good to be true.

16. jujuassou

jujuassou Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2018
    Gabon
    i just want to know if i can play online (with local mode of course) with my friend in other country with his legit switch and legit game With me with my switch hacked and banned ??

17. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    SX OS still has no 6.2.0 support, and now no Smash lan-play support. That thirty dollars spent is looking worse and worse every passing release...

18. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    This really was the last step. Now it really doesn't matter to be banned.
    Nintendo Cloud Saves (not for all games by the way)? -> We have checkpoint.
    Nintendo Online NES? -> We have RetroArch.
    Nintendo Online Gaming? We have ldn_mitm.

Last edited by lordelan, Dec 7, 2018
  19. Ghassen-ga

Ghassen-ga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 21, 2016
    alright , but can i use this if i never did log an account into my switch ?