Hacking noBD firmware, and how to fix?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I got my 60gig running REBUG 4.70.1.

But one thing I noticed after getting it up and running was that... my 20gig with its broken BD drive was still on the 4.46 rebug, because far as I could tell, that was the last CFW that I had that was patched to be able to be installed on a system with a missing or broken BD drive.

So, with that said, I guess I have two questions...

First, and most importantly, is there a build of that 4.70.1 rebug for no-BD PS3's?

Second, and hopefully when I can get a replacement... how do I actually re-marry a new BD drive to the system? My Google-Fu on the situation has mostly turned up a lot of links that have since been lost to the shifting sands of the internet. :(

Reactions: Margen67

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
I can't post links directly to the files you'll need due to copyrighted code by sony, but everything is on the ps3devwiki page regarding it. You'll have to find the OFW 3.30 your self though. Anyway, you will also need some sort of USB Jigkick device. There's an app for android, iOS, PSP, TI-84 calculators, you can find one yourself. You'll just need it to get into factory service mode.

That USB you made earlier with the remarry files on 'em? Take the usb jigkick device out and plug that USB into the same USB port (the most outer right one). You should see "Drive Init Executing".
After that's done, get any BD movie and put it into the drive while it's still in factory service mode, and then get out of factory service mode and launch as normal.

Reactions: Margen67

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. In that case, I'll wait off on it then.

Just irritating that I basically need a whole new BD drive for that 20gig now. when I was trying to do some testing, ended up accidentally breaking the little sensor wires meant to tell it if a disc is being inserted or not. Thankfully, the ribbon cable leading back to the motherboard is fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1