ROM Hack No Wi-fi for pokemon B/W roms?

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, after the huge efforts of some users here in gbatemp to make a patch for TTDS, my friend finally managed to get his Pokemon White to work, and we decided to battle a bit. we added each other's FC correctly (triple checked), put any name for him on the pal pad, went to pokemon center, talked to the 2nd lady, saved. Entered in the rom, but...

Well, dunno if it's another AP like the Union room's AP, but I can't find him in that wi-fi room, no matter how long I wait. Any ideas of why is this happening?

I've seen a few videos on youtube of people batting on Wi-fi, so... I'm stucked.

Small edit: I'm using a R4 With wood 1.13.

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ssx9 said:
Well, after the huge efforts of some users here in gbatemp to make a patch for TTDS, my friend finally managed to get his Pokemon White to work, and we decided to battle a bit. we added each other's FC correctly (triple checked), put any name for him on the pal pad, went to pokemon center, talked to the 2nd lady, saved. Entered in the rom, but...

Well, dunno if it's another AP like the Union room's AP, but I can't find him in that wi-fi room, no matter how long I wait. Any ideas of why is this happening?

I've seen a few videos on youtube of people batting on Wi-fi, so... I'm stucked.

FALSE!!!!!!
Union Room and Battles Online Works for me

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
FALSE!!!!!!

I said I saw a few videos with online battles, so that's why I made this topic. it isn't working with me vs my friend.

Also, I never said Union room wasn't working. I just said it had AP.

Not sure, but maybe it's TTDS'S fault?

lrn2read before saying it's false, geez.

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure, but I think I did use rudolph's patch before updating wood to 1.13. still gonna apply it again, thanks Crimzon.

Porygon-X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
CrimzonEyed said:
With R4 Wood 1.13 i still think you need Rudolf's "Child's play" patch To get the Wi-Fi working, not 100% sure though

Seems to connect to WiFi just fine with Wood v1.13! Using a clean, un-touched ROM.

However, I haven't tried battling/trading etc. yet, so I can't tell you how it works there. Also C-Gear works fine.

Are you 100% SURE you're using a clean un-patched (not messed with in any way) ROM?

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Seems to connect to WiFi just fine with Wood v1.13! Using a clean, un-touched ROM.

However, I haven't tried battling/trading etc. yet, so I can't tell you how it works there. Also C-Gear works fine.

Are you 100% SURE you're using a clean un-patched (not messed with in any way) ROM?

Nope, patched a lot before using it. I'll try using a clean ROM as well.

EDIT: Used clean rom, no luck. Still can't find my friend in that wi-fi room. He's going to use a clean rom as well, since TTDS has a firmware that works with B/W, and he used a Patched rom.

WingedElf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ssx9 said:
QUOTE said:

Nope, patched a lot before using it. I'll try using a clean ROM as well.

EDIT: Used clean rom, no luck. Still can't find my friend in that wi-fi room. He's going to use a clean rom as well, since TTDS has a firmware that works with B/W, and he used a Patched rom.

Same =/ and I used the child's play patch as well
Wifi doesn't work and C-gear freezes

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XXLANCEXX said:
Ssx9 said:

FALSE!!!!!!

Just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for everyone else.
mellow.gif

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Random Wi-fi battle's work, I've just tested. Meaning Wi-fi connection is not the problem.

I guess it's really my friend's DSTT.

WingedElf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anybody that has C-Gear working properly without freezing and all other Wi-Fi things...

What patch are you using for R4 with Wood 1.13

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
To anybody that has C-Gear working properly without freezing and all other Wi-Fi things...

I was using rudolph's patch, but then I switched to a clean rom. both ended up in the same thing.

WingedElf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ssx9 said:
QUOTE said:

I was using rudolph's patch, but then I switched to a clean rom. both ended up in the same thing.

Same =/ But, Mystery Gift works somehow....but not other Wi-Fi options...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.