No plans to release OSS in the US atm.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by fgghjjkll, Jan 17, 2010.

1. fgghjjkll
    OP

fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

GBAtemp Patron
    fgghjjkll is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    I was happily browsing capcom's forums when suddenly i saw a topic that sparked my interest.

A fellow capcomunity-er asked staff if there were any plans to release RM.EXE:OSS in the US. Sven, Capcom corporate officer, says the following
    Anyone wanna persuade him otherwise? (It might make lots of profits $.$)

Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/...ar_Coming_to_US

2. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    You really ought to include the name of the game your news post is about somewhere in the post.

3. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    I have to agree. If I did not know what the acronim stood for befoe hand, I would have no idea what you are talking about.

4. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

Former Staff
    Jan 14, 2007
    United States
    USA
    I'm assuming he's talking about a Megaman X (Rockman) game. But yeah, the normal way (which is overly misused on the net) to acronym anything is to announce the name of the game first, then subsequent referrals to the title can be the acronym.

For example, say I'm talking about the DS touchscreen (TS). What I just did there is to say the actual word, then put parenthesis around the acronym that I plan to use for "touchscreen" during the rest of the post. You can reverse the process too.

No big deal though, what the OP (original poster [​IMG] ) did is par for the course on a gaming forum.

Of course, I'm no literary mastermind and the little method I mentioned may not actually be the 100% correct way to do it, but it makes sense to me and that's the way I do it when the acronym in question may be too obscure to be recognized right off the bat. I'm not a grammar nazi and say nothing about it most of the time though.

5. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Meh, it's not like it really matters. We've already got like 12 Megaman RPGs out, most of which are the same exact formula as the last. A remake won't really do anything. Or is OSS a completely different game in those aspects?

6. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    ^^ this, it's the same thing over and over and they are boring anyway.

7. Blazekid3

Blazekid3 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2009
    Greece
    Twilight Town
    this game is a remake of megaman battle network 1 except from a little changes at the chips and the story line when megaman (starforce) come to the past but this is like a special event so nothing change i have play it and end like i start it . XD

8. Cablephish

Cablephish Show me...

Apr 23, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    I guess the game he's talking about is Rockman.exe: Operation Shooting Star.

9. Rock Raiyu

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    I'm kind of glad that they are not going to publish this in the US. It would just bomb here like it did in Japan; this game was a huge disappointment.

10. ZeroEXE93

ZeroEXE93 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    New York City
    Who cares about OSS? All we really care about is that Mega Man Zero Collection. [​IMG]

11. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    actually megaman fans would just want another game (and again and again) just like FF / PW fans want more of their own games (i hope the acronyms are understood lol... this forum became more of a acronym discussion)

12. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Its alright Capcom, we have enough bad to mediocre games already plus this one is supposed to be badly made.

People want to play Mega Man in Mega Man games now anyway.