Hacking No one cares about 3ds 4.2.0-9?

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I don't have a 3ds so excuse the ignorance but how are they blocking the carts, and why do they even bother? Seems like there's always a cart patch immedaitely after. Also, are the updates applied without consent or is Nintendo just hoping someone screws up?

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have a 3ds so excuse the ignorance but how are they blocking the carts, and why do they even bother? Seems like there's always a cart patch immedaitely after. Also, are the updates applied without consent or is Nintendo just hoping someone screws up?

They bother because the developers does (and also maintaining a flashcart blacklist/ game whitelist is dead easy).
You need to "agree" to install the update; but the update download itself automatically on background and since the latest update there's no parental control on that feature (so little kids can screw up their 3DS).

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

They bother because the developers does (and also maintaining a flashcart blacklist/ game whitelist is dead easy).
You need to "agree" to install the update; but the update download itself automatically on background and since the latest update there's no parental control on that feature (so little kids can screw up their 3DS).

indeed
so it causes poarent hasstle

also the updates get rid of a load of crap flashcards

S0NlC1

Youtube Partner
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nfsgaming.com
XP
Country
my dstwo card no longer works now that I have updated my system, I just get an error.

does this mean that my card will no longer work? or can I get some patch to update it again?

if so, how do I update it? do I need another console? (I only have one console, and thats the 3ds)

please help me.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my dstwo card no longer works now that I have updated my system, I just get an error.

does this mean that my card will no longer work? or can I get some patch to update it again?

if so, how do I update it? do I need another console? (I only have one console, and thats the 3ds)

please help me.
You need to wait for Supercard to release an update that will work on 3ds 4.2.0-9.
They will publish it on their site, www.supercard.sc (eng.supercard.sc for english).
You put the firmware updater on the microSD card and run the DSTwo on something that can run it, like earlier 3DS firmwares, a DSi or a DS Lite.
Run the update when prompted and it should be good to go.

Supercard will probably have a fix out soon, hopefully.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

please help me.
You need to wait for Supercard to release an update that will work on 3ds 4.2.0-9.
They will publish it on their site, www.supercard.sc (eng.supercard.sc for english).
You put the firmware updater on the microSD card and run the DSTwo on something that can run it, like earlier 3DS firmwares, a DSi or a DS Lite.
Run the update when prompted and it should be good to go.

Supercard will probably have a fix out soon, hopefully.

wha ti like is the noob posted in 2 different places and got answered for both

grinds my gears
dam impatient noobs

Shin Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Indeed Acekard 2i is not working

Please do not update your 3DS to 4.2. A update file for AK2i will be released. Please be patient.

I love the acekard site and support tbh

Reactions: 1 person

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Don't care that it's blocked on my 3DS. I have a DSi as well.

its's the reason why i am keeping my DSi xl and selling the normal 3ds, the forced updates will just get annoying so it's always good to have a backup, also i wonder if this update kills the action replay dsi, it currently works on the 3ds, they prob killed that off too.

loco365

Trophies
XP

its's the reason why i am keeping my DSi xl and selling the normal 3ds, the forced updates will just get annoying so it's always good to have a backup, also i wonder if this update kills the action replay dsi, it currently works on the 3ds, they prob killed that off too.
Wait... WHAT? The ARDSi works on it? What the heck.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

yes there is a recent firmware update from codejunkies that lets you use the ar dsi on the 3ds, i am not sure if it's blocked in this update though, it's a shame because they only got it working recently too. (note it only works on ds games, not 3ds games although i wish it did)

loco365

Trophies
XP

yes there is a recent firmware update from codejunkies that lets you use the ar dsi on the 3ds, i am not sure if it's blocked in this update though, it's a shame because they only got it working recently too. (note it only works on ds games, not 3ds games although i wish it did)
Gah and I can't find the update D:

AlvisOswin

Trophies
XP
DAMNIT, I just finished downloading 3 games on my r4 3ds, when I came back to my room (where my 3ds is), my system was updated. D:

Oh well. In the mean time, I'll just play some DQMJ2.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have auto-update, I woke up and it asked me if I wanted to go ahead with it, and I said no. The update automatically downloads, but to install it you have to press A. You just can't go into the e-shop without updating.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States

Gah and I can't find the update D:
It's not a downloadable update. They require that you purchase the 3DS compatible ARDSi. It currently isn't sold in stores (and doesn't have a MicroSD card slot, like the earlier models of the ARDSi had).
http://us.codejunkies.com/Products/DSi-Action-Replay-now-compatible-with-3DS__EF001012.aspx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-