The ultimate list of NTRBoot compatible flashcards

Technicmaster0 Dec 21, 2017.

1. Technicmaster0
    OP

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Since the question "is XXX ntrboot compatible" comes up way too often and since there was/is much missinformation (even in the "holy guide"), I decided to make a list of all flashcards currently known to be ntrboot compatible.
    Only flashcards from the specified websites are supported. Cards from similar websites are not supported.
    Last update of this post: 3.3.2018.

You have absolutely no clue about "flashcards"?
    Here is a FAQ

Compatible cards

The following cards are known to be compatible (either supported by the NTRTeam or by the manufacturer).

Acekard 2.i (acekard.com)
    Some rare clones might be bricked at the flashing process. This card can be used for DS games while it is flashed for NTRBoot as long as it's beeing used with the Luma CFW or with an original DS/DS Lite.
    pictures

R4i Ultra (r4ultra.com)
    This is a rebrand of the Acekard 2.i (acekard.com). Make sure that your flashcard has the URL "r4ultra.com" and not another domain.
    pictures

R4i Gold 3DS (RTS) (r4ids.cn)
    Also known as R4i Gold 3DS, R4i Gold 3DS RTS, R4i Gold 3DS V6.1 R4i Gold and R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe (NOT the white-golden "STARTER" card)
    Revisions earlier than "4" might not be supported. Faulty revision C cards are supported. You can see the revision of the card above the rightest DS contact. It's a white letter/number ("1"-"9"; "A"-"D").
    Shops started to sell r4i Gold 3ds Plus cards as R4i Gold 3DS RTS cards. They have the revision "NTR boot".
    pictures

R4i Gold 3DS Plus (r4ids.cn)
    This flashcard does not have to be flashed. There is an internal switch to change between DS games and NTRBoot mode.
    pictures

R4i 3D Revolution for DS (r4idsn.com)
    This is a rebrand of the R4i Gold 3DS (RTS) from r4ids.cn.
    pictures

Infinity 3 R4i (r4infinity.com)
    This is a rebrand or clone of the R4i Gold 3DS (RTS) from r4ids.cn.
    pictures

DSTT (ndstt.com and serveral clones)
    There have been many different DSTT hardware revisions and clones over the years. Not all are supported.
    pictures

R4(i) SDHC (r4isdhc.com)
    Also known as: R4(i) SDHC RTS Lite, R4(i) SDHC Dual-Core, R4(i) SDHC Gold Pro, R4(i) SDHC Snoopy and R4(i) SDHC Upgrade.
    All cards from this team with "2014", "2015", "2016", "2017", "2018" and "2019" are supported. All of these cards have the same hardware and are a rebrand of the "R4i 3DS RTS (r4i-sdhc.com)".
    This card has a timebomb.
    Cards with "2013" or "New" label are NOT supported. Cards with similar names that have websites that are not in this list are NOT supported. Unsupported cards might brick when trying to inject NTRBoot.
    pictures

R4i 3DS RTS (r4i-sdhc.com)
    This also comes preflashed with NTRBoot as "R4i 3DS B9S". It doesn't matter if the card has a "games engine" or a "wifi" logo.
    R4i 3DS non-RTS cards from r4i-sdhc.com are NOT supported. Non-3ds cards from r4i-sdhc.com are NOT supported. Unsupported cards might brick when trying to inject NTRBoot.
    pictures

R4i-Gold 3DS (r4i-gold.eu)
    Only cards with "Touch! Bomberman Land" icon are supported. This is a rebrand of the "R4i 3DS RTS (r4i-sdhc.com)".
    Unsuppored cards might brick when trying to inject NTRBoot.
    pictures

R4i Max (r4imax.com)
    This seems to be yet another rebrand of r4isdhc.com/r4i-sdhc.com. Only cards with "Touch! Bomberman Land" icon are supported. See http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4imax-ntrboot-backup.488988/ and https://github.com/ntrteam/flashcart_core/issues/16 for more information.
    This card has a timebomb (if it's really a r4i-sdhc.com clone).
    Unsupported cards might brick when trying to inject NTRBoot.

Stargate 3DS (stargate-3ds.com)
    This card switches automatically between DS games and NTRBoot. It does not have to be reflashed. It does currently not work for DS games under Luma CFW.
    pictures

Ace3DS X (ace3ds.com)
    This card has a switch to change between NTRBoot and DS games. It does not have to be reflashed.
    You have to have a MicroSD card in the flashcard in order to run ntrboot.
    pictures

Ace3DS Plus (ace3ds.com)
    You have to have a MicroSD card in the flashcard in order to run ntrboot.
    pictures

R4(i) SDHC RTS Lite (r4isdhc.com.cn)
    This is an Ace3DS Plus rebrand. You have to have a MicroSD card in the flashcard in order to run ntrboot.
    pictures

Gateway 3DS blue card
    Not all gateway blue cards are supported. Test at own risk. The supported blue cards (and maybe some/all of the unsuppored, too) are an Ace3DS Plus rebrand. You have to have a MicroSD card in the flashcard in order to run ntrboot.
    pictures

MT-Card blue card
    This card is an Ace3DS Plus rebrand. You have to have a MicroSD card in the flashcard in order to run ntrboot.
    pictures

R4i-Kit B9S
    There is only one retailer selling it. See the review for more information.

BETA/unofficially supported cards

The following cards are either in BETA or not officially supported and might have serveral issues. They are not supported by the latest NTRBoot Flasher release.

M3i Zero GMP-Z003 (m3adapter.com)
    Only the GMP-Z003 model is supported! Cards with the "1.4.5/4.5.0" update can't be flashed with NTRBoot! This is not a solution for end users!
    pictures

Action Replay DS (Datel)
    Also known as/also supported: Acion Replay DS EZ, Action Replay DS ME and some Action Replay DSi cards. It has to be flashed via PC, not via NDS.

R4i Gold (r4igold.cc)
    The support is only experimental. These cards currently can't be detected properly!

R4 SDHC Dual-Core (r4isdhc.hk)
    This seems to be a rebrand of the r4igold.cc cards. The support is only experimental. These cards currently can't be detected properly!

R4iTT 3DS (r4itt.net)
    This seems to be a rebrand of the r4igold.cc cards. The support is only experimental. These cards currently can't be detected properly!

Gamecard 3D (n3dstt.com)
    This has not been tested! This seems to be a rebrand of r4igold.cc cards.

Last edited by Technicmaster0, Sep 20, 2019
  2. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    Nice list, thank you

3. Toady231

Toady231 Intellectual saviour of the masses

Feb 6, 2017
    United Kingdom
    East Northamptonshire
    Admin can we sticky this. Seems usefully to new people who want to know which card is supported.

4. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    was thinking of writing up something like this
    well, beat me to it

a few notes i want to add:

1. mention the terms "recommended" and "cheapest", because i've literally seen people who think that they should buy the recommended instead of the cheapest because "lower brick chance" (yes)
    2. split up the list into groups like flashcart_core is split up into classes
    3. mention that the r4iultra is NOT a normal R4, it's completely different from the OG R4
    4. group together the preflashed flashcarts and mention their downsides (violating GPLv3, not sharing source code and hence not knowing what's in them, unable to be updated if e.g. some catastrophic bug appears in b9s_ntr)
    5. mention the r4isdhc.hk/r4isdhc.com.cn/r4isdhc.hk differences, and in general mention how some flashcarts that look similar are not similar at all
    6. mention what "timebomb" means
    also, and i know this is probably out of the scope of this writeup, but in general explanations for what a flashcart is, what it does, how it works, what is kernel, why they are shitty at times, explain the chinese manufacturers and their shady practices, since a lot of people just got into nintendo hardware and don't know any of this stuff

Last edited by MrJason005, Dec 21, 2017
    THYPLEX and Technicmaster0 like this.
  5. Technicmaster0
    OP

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    1. We should discuss first which card is recommended and which is the cheapest.
    2. I already tried to arrange them more or less in the right order but showing that would need a third type of differentiation. Currently I use the "h" and the "b" tags. Do you have any idea how one could add that without making the post even more confusing?
    3. I added an expanation on R4 in the beginning.
    4. I think that every preflashed flashcard can be upgraded (apart from the stargate)? The flasher supports Ace3DS Plus (and with that the "X"), The R4i 3DS RTS (and with that the B9S) and the R4i Gold 3DS RTS (and with that the Plus). Even the Kit contains a flashcard that is flashable. The stuff with the license etc. might confuse new users even more. I don't see a way to organize them by both, team/ntrboot flasher option and switch/no switch.
    5. Do you have any idea on how one could do that? I already tried to make it clear for the r4isdhc cards.
    6. "This card has a timebomb. That means that the kernel refuses to boot after a specified date. You can either download a new kernel when it's avaible or use YSMenu to bypass it."
    I will think about the writeup but this isn't ment as a tutorial on how to use a flashcard or something.

Last edited by Technicmaster0, Dec 21, 2017
  6. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    yeah if this just a big list then those comments aren't really to be implemented

7. Technicmaster0
    OP

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    I added a FAQ at the beginning.

8. Orteis

Orteis Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2016
    Italy
    is this card compatible with ntrboot?
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

9. Hunter

Hunter i'ma stuffup the board

Former Staff
    Nov 20, 2003
    Australia
    Melbourne, Australia
    according to https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

[​IMG]

so it should

Orteis likes this.
  10. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Thanks for the list!

But one question: On your list of beta version cards there is the Gateway Blue Card. Can you give information and files how to use the card / test if it‘s the right one? Because i own one or two of the Gateway Blue card and so i don‘t need to buy another card :)

If it‘s not working is there a shop to get one of the supported cards here in germany? Because don‘t want to buy it from Hong Kong or other counties because of import taxes and the long shipping time.

Would be great if someone could help with that :)

11. Technicmaster0
    OP

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    I think that the following .nds file should work: https://github.com/ntrteam/flashcart_core/issues/33#issuecomment-352672103. The .firm file is somewhere on that page, too.

12. tranfeer

tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 23, 2010
    Australia
    Very nice.

13. noX1609

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
  14. Technicmaster0
    OP

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
  15. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

pip Developer
    Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    Revs 4-8 are supported if you use the latest commit.
    https://github.com/zoogie/ntrboot_flasher/releases/tag/v0.3.1-2018-01-05

Technicmaster0 likes this.
  16. Technicmaster0
    OP

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    zoogie likes this.
  17. json

json MUSCLEMAN

Aug 9, 2013
    Burkina Faso
    Edited: Already fixed. Thanks!

B4rtj4h and Technicmaster0 like this.
  18. zacchi4k

zacchi4k GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    The R4 gold pro from r4isdhc.com is supported too, and it's also the cheapest card on nds-card.com

EDIT: I just realised you already mentioned it under the R4(i) SDHC category...

Last edited by zacchi4k, Jan 10, 2018
    Bubblegoose90 and Technicmaster0 like this.
  19. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    The r4isdhc.com.cn "Dual Core" is $1 cheaper and runs Wood as its kernel. The only downsides are that it requires a microSD inserted into the cart to function (even for ntrboot) and you need to use a newer build of (ds_)ntrboot_flasher as support was added for it after the latest release versions.

20. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    So I tried to boot in NTRBoot with a magnet on my 3DS and a Stargate3DS. However nothing happens. How do I pull this off?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted