I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu
OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
The latest issue of Dengeki Nintendo went on sale today in Japan and the magazine promised in their previous issue that they would be announcing a new Pokémon game. It turns out the new game announcement is in regards to Pokémon Battrio, a Japanese exclusive arcade game where you collect real life circular Pokémon chips to use in battles.

A new version of the battle simulator will soon be arriving in arcades across Japan, new battle chips will also be available to purchase featuring Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version characters such as Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott. [/p]

http://www.pokemonaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/NewGamebattrio.jpg

CoroCoro magazine in Japan are generally the first to announce any new Pokémon games and they’ve stated that they too will be unveiling a new game in their June 15th issue. Hopefully CoroCoro are referring to an actual Pokémon title for a Nintendo console and not something obscure such as an arcade machine. [/p]

Below is a Japanese trailer regarding the Pokémon Battrio arcade machines

[youtube]W1p5m3tjQ8I[/youtube] [/p]

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Battrio has been out for quite a while. A friend of mine has had an (illegally!) imported machine (Battrio Zero) in his home for close to 6 months. Along with a gigantic bucket of 100 yen coins and close to 120 pucks he's collected over the months through various eBay auctions. He also has these...battle key...things that you plug into the machine to go through some of the modes so you can save your progress.

Zekrom_cool

OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
TwinRetro said:
Battrio has been out for quite a while. A friend of mine has had an (illegally!) imported machine (Battrio Zero) in his home for close to 6 months. Along with a gigantic bucket of 100 yen coins and close to 120 pucks he's collected over the months through various eBay auctions. He also has these...battle key...things that you plug into the machine to go through some of the modes so you can save your progress.
So you've got the chance to enjoy it?

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Zekrom_cool said:
TwinRetro said:

Absolutely! It's pretty fun, but I have a hell of a lot more fun on his Mario Kart GP machine
tongue.gif

Zekrom_cool

OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
TwinRetro said:
Zekrom_cool said:
TwinRetro said:

Absolutely! It's pretty fun, but I have a hell of a lot more fun on his Mario Kart GP machine
tongue.gif

What is the best thing you like about it? And please do not quote anymore.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Battle tower is probably my favorite mode, but when I play against chad, I really love the idea that I can pick and hide my pucks and only reveal them once the game starts. It brings a bit more strategy to the table than Battle Revolution or Pokemon Stadium.

Since he has given me a few of my own, we have started playing for keeps.

Zekrom_cool

OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
TwinRetro said:
Battle tower is probably my favorite mode, but when I play against chad, I really love the idea that I can pick and hide my pucks and only reveal them once the game starts. It brings a bit more strategy to the table than Battle Revolution or Pokemon Stadium.

Sounds cool!

Posts merged

Narayan said:
QUOTE(Zorua @ May 22 2011, 12:56 PM) Battrio looks cool. Awww man. Why do the Japanese always get the good things?
Because they make them?

Making them doesnt mean that its only they who get to keep them.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Zekrom_cool said:
Rydian said:
Zorua said:
Battrio looks cool. Awww man. Why do the Japanese always get the good things?
Because enough people buy them over there.

That doesnt mean only they get to keep them.
I guess their making enough money in Japan. They don't know if this'll be a success in other places, so they don't want to risk wasting their money and time localizing it.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Zekrom_cool said:
The latest issue of Dengeki Nintendo went on sale today in Japan and the magazine promised in their previous issue that they would be announcing a new Pokémon game. It turns out the new game announcement is in regards to Pokémon Battrio, a Japanese exclusive arcade game where you collect real life circular Pokémon chips to use in battles.
What? So this game's only for Japan? Aww... Not fair.
ohnoes.png

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FiReFoX_7 said:
Zekrom_cool said:
ohnoes.png
Yeah, came out last year and were very clear about them being Japan-Only.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
machomuu said:
FiReFoX_7 said:
Zekrom_cool said:
ohnoes.png
Yeah, came out last year and were very clear about them being Japan-Only.
Well, Japan made that game, so they can do whatever they want if they want to let other people from other countries to also play that game, or for people from Japan only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.