Hacking no more manual exit in GBA

ejaykn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah so I had a good session in mario and saved and just turned off the ds, at which point I instantly wanted to punch myself because I knew the save would not be recorded because I did not exit the emulator manually. After turning the ds back on and and booting emulator I noticed that all my progress had been saved.
Can someone help me confirm that we no longer must exit the emulator manually to record our saves, at least with save states?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't manually exit to save. Take Pokémon FireRed for example. All I do is just save in the game and then turn off my DS. It'll appear in the same place where I saved when I want to play again. It's either that or I use RTS.

ejaykn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I experimented with Pokemon Fire Red and in order to record the save I had to exit the emulator manually. That test included regular and RTS so I don't know, maybe it's just super mario bros 3. With Mario 3 I don't have to exit manually to record saves, regular or real time. confused.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ejaykn said:
Hmm. I experimented with Pokemon Fire Red and in order to record the save I had to exit the emulator manually. That test included regular and RTS so I don't know, maybe it's just super mario bros 3. With Mario 3 I don't have to exit manually to record saves, regular or real time. confused.

Do you have the file called "game_config.txt" in your NDSGBA folder? Because that's what makes Pokémon FireRed save-able.

ejaykn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I have the game config file where it's supposed to be. I can save in Fire Red, just I have to actually exit the emulator for it to record the save. If I just save and shut off the system, then the save never happened. Not a big deal, i'm just so confused by this issue. I've read about having to manually exit the emulator for saves to actually be created so I don't get why for mario advance 4 and apparently for some people games just "save" without having to actually exit the gba emulator. Just makes no sence to me.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ejaykn said:
Yeah I have the game config file where it's supposed to be. I can save in Fire Red, just I have to actually exit the emulator for it to record the save. If I just save and shut off the system, then the save never happened. Not a big deal, i'm just so confused by this issue. I've read about having to manually exit the emulator for saves to actually be created so I don't get why for mario advance 4 and apparently for some people games just "save" without having to actually exit the gba emulator. Just makes no sence to me.

That's weird, because whenever I save in FireRed and turn off the DS just like that and play again later, the save actually happened.

riverchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i was playing mario tennis, and i savestated, then i turned off, and it automaticlly resumed when i booted the game.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ejaykn said:
I tested Minish Cap. I can save state and turn it off and the save is recorded.
No, saving as in pressing the Start button and selecting the green "SAVE" button in the corner of the inventory, then shutting off. IIRC, I've never had any game save without hitting the emulator's "Exit" button or selecting another game.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tested Minish Cap. I can save state and turn it off and the save is recorded.No, saving as in pressing the Start button and selecting the green "SAVE" button in the corner of the inventory, then shutting off. IIRC, I've never had any game save without hitting the emulator's "Exit" button or selecting another game.
QFT

My saves never save unless I manually exit it , kinda annoying

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it's dumb